Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Sabart angel 50e

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 08:55 AM
Jim Cattanach

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sabart angel 50e

I have bought an Sebart Angel 50e electric aerobatic plane from a guy who built it, then gave up the hobby. He built it new about two years ago & never flew it. This is my first electric model, so I do not know much about them.
It has a Hacker motor. No info on it to say specs. It is purple if that helps. The speed controller is a Himodel professional 60amp, 5. 6 - 22volt. The model came with a 4100ma, 5s, 15c lipo, which seems to give good static thrust on the 15 x 10 apc prop.
What I want to know, is it ok to put a 3000ma, 6s, 35c lipo on it? Will this give me more power than the 5s at 4100ma? My other concern is, I don't want to fry the speed controller or motor due to fitting the wrong battery.
Hoping this will be more relaxing than the turbines I also fly.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:45 PM
Walt Thyng
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sabart angel 50e

A 5s Lipo has a nominal voltage of 18.5v and a charged voltage of 21 volts. A 6s hasa a nominal of 22.2 and charged of 25. This suggests that you will exceed the stated voltage of the esc. It certainly means that you will violate the 80% rule which is a never exceed guideline followed by most prudent e-power fliers (never exceed 80% of the value of any parameter of an e-power system). As for "power" you will see an increase in the rpm of the motor by the value f the motor's Kv (rpm/volt) there ill also be a concomitant increase in the amperage flow. Without knowing more about the motor I cannot say whether it would tolerate either increase, but you would definitely be pushing the esc.
Walt
Old 01-21-2010, 03:37 AM
tIANci

Jascat ... since you have no idea about the motor, try this ... take a watt meter and see how many amps she is pulling with the 15x10 on 5S. If we are talking 40A then its low. Means the motor probably can handle 16x10 on 5S. That would be a good start. As for the ESC, Himodel ESCs are usually for up to 3S or 6S or 10S/12S. I have not seen an ESC for 5S. So the 22V is the nominal amount for 6S. Best to see what model the ESC is ... then check with the website.

The Angel flies well on 5S but will not 3D hard, 6S is best for 3D. Mine was flying on 5S with a 16x10. Also, if you want to fly her hard and will use bigger packs such as 4,500 or more, please reinforce the batt tray! I lost mine when pulling negative Gs. My bad!
Old 01-22-2010, 01:05 AM
Jim Cattanach

Thanks guys. I believe the motor to be a Hacker A50-16S. The ESC specs found online say, I can use up to a 5s lipo & still use it to power the RX. A 6s can be used, but the BEC must be disabled. I will probably stick with 5s batteries.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:00 AM
tIANci

I like to use the DualSky and Turnigy ESCs, they handle 6S with ease, never felt the servos go soggy etc.