Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

GWS BN2

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 10:37 PM
devinatoraviator
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GWS BN2

I was looking into the GWS BN2 looked as if it had a ducted fan and a prop set up. I couldn't really tell if it came with both or what it came with. Does anyone know what it comes with.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:31 AM
lorih

Default RE: GWS BN2

It comes either way. I have the version with props powered by 2 tiny little GWS EDP 50 motors. Don't let the size of those little motors fool you. The BN2 is surprisingly fast. Powered with a 1000 mAh 2 cell lipo, it easily takes off from my grass runway also. Those motors and little props sound great! It is one of my favorite park fliers. While I wouldn't say it is a "learner" airplane, it makes a great 2nd plane. I really can't think of any bad habits it has.

Cliff
Old 02-25-2010, 08:22 PM
devinatoraviator
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks I'll give it a try also does it come with the EDF units themselves or do you have to get them seperatley.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:17 PM
lorih

You purchase either the EDP (propeller version) or the EDF (ducted fan) version. Which ever version you purchase comes with the complete power units.

I know nothing about the EDF version. I really like the EDP one though.

This is the version I have. Great power from those tiny motors. I was quite pleasantly surprised.

http://www.allerc.com/product_info.p...oducts_id=1151

Cliff
Old 02-26-2010, 01:29 PM
lorih

Okay, I may have been wrong about the EDF version of the BN2. I can't find one for sale anywhere. I've seen photos though.

The EDP version (prop) comes complete with motors and props. You need to add receiver, esc, battery and servos. A 1000 mAh 2 cell fits perfect and gives plenty of power. A 3 cell lipo will burn the motors up quickly.....as in before take off.

Cliff