Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Help sorting this Park Flyer concept out

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Help sorting this Park Flyer concept out

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 01:22 AM
themaninblack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help sorting this Park Flyer concept out

Greetings everyone,
I trust all of you are expressing wholeness and well being. being.
Being out of R.C. for a number of life tymes now (Same incarnation) - former R.C. Sail plane pilot in my mid-university years I am finally have the discretionary tyme to get back into the hobby of R.C., However,this tyme, since where I relocated to, I have a really nice park next door and the advancment of these Park Flyers have really piqued my interest. I have been doing my consumer research and I have found I really have the desire for these planes; The Hobbico Fyzone Select Scale Cessna 182 as a trainer, a Sopwith Camel tp hone my basic aerobatic manuevers, a Lancair (Since I've always wanted one) and either the Flight Pulse or the Mini Pulse XT for my final aerobatic plane. Possibly even going for one of those "P.Z." F4U Corsairs. Also to add another variable I also construct balsa and tissue (Guillow's) models which eventually I would like to convert to electric. I have so many of them! The thought of the B-17 kit electric powered kid of excites me...In a way.
i am planning to attend Toledo Rib Crackers Model Airplane Symposium early next month and I would like to inquire to our group here; "If I should concentrate my attention to a radio/transmitter that would handle all of which I plan on i.e. BNF, PIP or what whatever, that's how much my knowledge is about this!) Or concentrate on a trainer with potential with this Ant-crash Technology. Or if I really need need that ACT since I do have Sail Plane experience. This foam concept seems all too well in my book, however I have reservations that those foam models look and behave like a middle schooler play toy instead of something targeted for an older demographic group. May you please share with me all of your suggestions, input, experienced knowledge and yes personal opinions. i.e. Should I just stick with scale tissue & balsa and plastic models????
Thank you very much for you valuable input and just as importantly...Your tyme.
Regards,
Christiaan Scott
Old 03-18-2010, 11:40 AM
-pkh-
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help sorting this Park Flyer concept out

Here's my opinion on today's park flyers:
[ul][*]Stick with brushless motor/ESC and LiPo battery power systems only, especially for more advanced aircraft.[*]Foam is great! It's light weight, easy to repair, and cheap to replace. Just know what kind of glue your foam can handle.[*]Go the BNF route. Get yourself a Spektrum DX6 or DX7, and buy the BNF planes. The BNF planes from ParkZone/Eflite fly very well, and there are many to choose from.[*]The anti-crash technology (ACT) is mostly crap. From what I've seen & read, most people disable it.
[/ul]
If you want to start out with a trainer, I'd suggest the new [link=http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=HBZ7380]ParkZone Super Cub LP BNF[/link]. It has a LiPo batt pack and brushed motor, but from what I've seen and heard, it flies very well, and is an excellent trainer.