Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Aerobird Boom Repair

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2003, 10:26 AM
J Hockin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aerobird Boom Repair

My Aerobird tail boom is loose. It was out of its cradle. I set it back into the cradle and estimated the correct length by moving the white plastic electronics mount assembly and visually noticing the old factory glue on the boom where it fits into the cradle. That leaves about 1/2 inch forward of the cradle. I am not comfortable drilling through the tube because of possible damage to the antenna and control lines. I was thinking of putting a plastic strap throught the top of each of the sides of the cradle above the boom. That will keep it in the notch. But to keep it from rotating I was thinking of also starpping the fuselage right where the boom comes out and tightening it down real good so it functions as a clamp. I tried some epoxy but it did not hold. Any other ideas? I know I need to keep the tail feathers level as sighted over the wing. Just need to get this boom fixed more securely. I heard that liquid nails might work? What would you put on the junction of the fuselage and the boom?

I am new to this page but love the Firebird II with red wing and 5-cell. I have not done a loop yet with the Aerobird. Looking forward to it!

Jim
Old 07-17-2003, 11:23 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aerobird Boom Repair

Nylon zip ties will work to clamp the boom back into place in the fuselage.