Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

what to use for covering?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2003, 12:07 AM
KyleB15
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what to use for covering?

I just bought a wingwarrior flying wing and i was wondering where can i buy covering tape my LHS doesn't have it.
Old 07-24-2003, 05:42 PM
3DFanatic
My Feedback: (5)

I assume a Wing Warrior is like a Zagi?

I used UltraCote on my Zagi at low temp. You can shrink wrinkles at low temp too if you're patient and careful.
Old 07-25-2003, 03:00 AM
KyleB15

I am not great at applying covering and i don't have a iron. I have another question about my wingwarrior/flying wing/zagi. when i'm flying into the wind it just seems to to keep rising it won't fly level in the wind is that good. Also maybe its since i'm a beginner but my wingwarrior won't loop.
Old 07-25-2003, 01:21 PM
Jason Beach
My Feedback: (4)

You could always go to your local hardware store, they usually have colored packing tape.

If you're flying in the wind, it's terrible to try to trim. Fly it on a calm day, trim it for level flight at 1/2 throttle and call it good. If it still rises on windy days you can always blame it on the wind.

If you're a beginner, make sure you get plenty of altitude before attempting a loop. Some wings when looped at too low a speed will fall out of the loop into a spin.

It all takes practice.

Jason
Old 07-25-2003, 07:14 PM
KyleB15

now i figured it out my eslayer is not rising it is stalling when i am flying into the wind it seems to be stallling. it will not rise in windy conditions is that normal.
Old 07-26-2003, 10:48 AM
Greg Covey

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kyle,

I also use Ultracote or Oracover (same thing) to cover my foam wings but packing tape is easier to apply for beginners. You can buy different colored packing tape (aka Shipping tape) at a Home Depot or craft store like Michaels.

Speed 400 powered wings like the Zagi, Wing Warrior, and eSlayer are great for learning to fly in wind. Trim your plane for level flight at cruising speed (some do it at full speed) and then compensate with the elevator stick when you change speeds or direction into the wind.
Old 07-26-2003, 01:33 PM
KyleB15

My eslayer has a wattage 480 motor is that the same as the 400?
Winglets, I have been flying with out the winglets on and it seems to do fine it is not hunting like people say they do. Also it seems like it does not have enough power I have to go into a dive before I can loop.