Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Attaching a gear.

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2002, 01:09 AM
figueroa
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Attaching a gear.

Hi , What is the best product to use to bond a gear on to the shaft of a motor. I recently purchased a planitary gear box which came with a small gear that has to be attached to the motor shaft. The gear is not a press fit or set screw type . The gear box came with two tiny tubes of some type of liquid , the color of the of the liquid in one tube is green and the other is orange . Does any one know what this stuff is ? I am not sure what to do with the tiny tubes since there were no intructions with the gear box. My guess is that it is some type of 2 part expoxy or grease and loctite.
Thanks
jef
Old 04-07-2002, 02:31 AM
figueroa
My Feedback: (22)

Thanks Cadet, The gear drive is an MPjet. I take it that the liquid in the little tubes is loctite of different strength. The gear drive appears to be of good quality , an instruction sheet will be usefull.
I appreciate your help !
jef
Old 04-07-2002, 02:37 AM
Cadet

Is your gearbox an MPJet? If so use the green Loctite on the pinion and the red for everything but the gears
Old 04-07-2002, 09:44 PM
robind

hay loctite will only work if the gear fits tite if its pressed on good if its loose no good