Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Mini Funtana

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 01:52 PM
Solman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mini Funtana

So what is your average flight times for your battery on the Mini Funtana? I just crashed because I found out the hard way with a 1800 mah battery. I have both 1800 and 2200 mah batteries. It just sucks because there was no warning at all and it happened low level and low speed. Wasn't much for recovery.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:32 PM
Dsegal

Default RE: Mini Funtana

Have you taken readings of the amp draw of your motor before the crash? If so, then you can calculate run time and set your flight timer allowing for a safe margin. Sorry about your loss. A watt-meter is a great tool to have.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:00 PM
Solman

It wasn't no loss. It is already fixed and ready to go. The plane was given to me free with a spare set of wings, so I fly it until I can't fix it no more. After that, it goes on the chopping board and then I get something else. I am not sure if I can fix the wing because the tube for the bar that connects the two wings is broken.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:15 AM
Solman

Well with the hot weather, it is obvious that my flight times have been reduced to some extent. My power with the 2200mah drops after approx 7 minutes and my 1800mah is dropping off around 5 minutes. I can at least now tell when it is time to land because my power drops off when I try to go full power.