Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

gws esc ics 300li issues please help

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

gws esc ics 300li issues please help

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 03:20 PM
theriddler33872

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gws esc ics 300li issues please help

i got the gws ics 300li esc a few weeks ago and can't get this darn thing to work . i've tried throttle up , down to reset , throttle up then turn on transmitter , all i get is the red light .but when i have throttle up then turn on transmitter sometimes the light on the esc won't come on at all . this is the first gws esc i've ever bought so i'm getting to the point were the hammer fix well be used .
from what i've found so far the red light stands for full throttle , it's green for ready and i've never seen the green light .
Old 07-15-2010, 02:01 PM
soarhead-RCU

Default RE: gws esc ics 300li issues please help

On some TX's (Futaba is one) you have to reverse the throttle channel servo switch on the TX for the ESC to work, also make sure the lead that goes to the RX is in the right port for the throttle. On all of them I have used I center the trim on the throttle, plug in the battery at min. throttle then go to full throttle, wait for a coup[le of seconds then go full off throttle and then advance it and it should then work. Sets up the ESC to the Throttle travel I guess.

Please remove the prop when you set it up as I have some just take off when I have reversed the servo switch.....Be Carefull !!!!!!!

Hope it works for you
Bob
Old 07-15-2010, 03:22 PM
theriddler33872

i'll give it a shot , don't worry i use a test motor and yup i learned that the hard way .
Old 07-15-2010, 10:56 PM
theriddler33872

as i thought i think i've tried that before still no good red light only no power to motor , i was never a gws fan because i've always learned you get what you pay for .... it was a $10 part so what do you expect .
i'll try one more it is always possible to get one bad one i guess .