Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Flew for the first time... Aerobird....

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Flew for the first time... Aerobird....

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2003, 05:26 AM
SilverPony2001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flew for the first time... Aerobird....

This is my first post, but I've been lurking for the past month... anyway, from some of the stuff I read on here, I decided to buy a GWS Tiger Moth... however, because of my work schedule, I never had free time to build it... so I also bought a Aerobird. First time out today, never flown anything before. I do have a HPI RS4 Nitro car though, and I've been playing flight sims since I was 10... Wind was at 1 - 2 mph. Found a construction area where there was just a ton of dirt, so I decided to take off from the gound. Full power, and I'm up. I did pretty decent for my first time, from what I've read on here, everyone seems to have problems their first times.... anyway, I had a little problems maintaining constant altitude, but I had it high enough, it wasn't a problem. I even did a few loops and stalls. I forgot my timer, so after about 6 - 7 minutes, I brought here down...landing into the wind, right before touchdown I pulled back and flaired.... perfect landing. This thing is awesome
Old 08-02-2003, 03:18 AM
mrbojengals

Default Aerobird

Bought the Aerobird the other day also. My first flight was no problem. Only thing I had that resembled a crash was a low speed crash into the top of a tree, which I would rather do than nose it into the ground at full throttle. My second flight today I am doing the loops and hammerheads. The plane seems very durable and flys great so I have no complaints. I didn't think about how much the effect the wind has on something that light. I'm feeling like
Old 08-02-2003, 03:20 AM
mrbojengals

Default Aerobird

Accidently sent that post too soon, anyways I feel like I could be ready to steep up to something faster with a little more power shortly, but the aerobird does seem to be an awsome plane for the money.
Old 08-04-2003, 05:08 AM
Crash_Airlines

Default Flew for the first time... Aerobird....

Good flying guys. This plane is great for us newbies. Easy to fly and pretty durable. If they could only invent a battery that would fly it 30 minutes it would be perfect