Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

stock easystar on c cells? what prop?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

stock easystar on c cells? what prop?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 04:45 PM
dickster

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default stock easystar on c cells? what prop?

Hi

I have a stock easystar and an old collection of 6 and 7 c cell packs that i fancy trying - auw with 6 c cells is around 870g. I cant afford lipos yet so dont go there! Will the stock motor fly with 6 or 7 c cells? What prop size would you recommend? Do you go smaller with more weight?

Advice much appreciated

Old 08-08-2010, 04:24 PM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: stock easystar on c cells? what prop?

Hmmm, not sure it would work. You're 20% heavier then the stock version, 30+ oz vs 24. Also the stock version runs on 7 cells, so you will also be approx at 15% less power.

Adding the 7th cell is adding even more weight so I don't know if you'll see much of a performance upgrade.

The other problem is the prop is more then likely matched to the current set up, so increasing the size, pitch or diameter is going to up the amp draw. Will the packs/esc/motor handle that?

Also I believe the stock pack is made up of sub C cells, smaller then what you want to use, so then there's the room problem. Is there enough room to fit the pack.

And a heavier pack will change the center of gravity so you'll need to compensate for that, hopefully by being able to move the pack, and worse off, adding more weight to balance it.

And it's a hand toss launcher. You'll have to toss it harder, and more then likely run it wide open throttle to keep it going and climbing, which honestly I don't think it will.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:58 AM
dickster

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: stock easystar on c cells? what prop?

Thanks for the advice.