Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

GWS Warbirds

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2002, 07:15 PM
deltawing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GWS Warbirds

Anyone tried out the P-51 from GWS?

Also, heard any good rumors yet about when their Corsair, Spritfire, and ME109 might hit the shelves?

-PSW

Old 12-03-2002, 05:46 PM
deltawing

Default GWS Warbirds

Well, I guess I get to answer my own question on this one :-) I just dropped by my local hobby store today and they're actually expecting a shipment of P-51s this afternoon, though this first batch is already spoken for.

Word from the store is that the other warbirds in the GWS pipeline won't starting shipping til January or February of 2003

-PSW
Old 12-05-2002, 10:13 PM
MJohnny78

Default GWS Warbirds

DELTAWING (I believe I saw this screen name; this forum does NOT say to whom I'm replying!), If you want ANY news about GWS products, this will do it:

Apparently the GWS CEO posts on another forum, AND you can e-mail him directly in Taiwan!!!!

NAVIGATE AS FOLLOWS: RadioControlZone.com/forums ----> RC Airplanes ----> Park and Backyard flyers ---->
(page through the threads to any posting by GWS4CEO) ----> (scroll down to profile) ----> "Click here to email GWS4CEO")

His use of English is NOT the best, but he answers anyone AND PROMPTLY! Give it a try.

Johnny
Old 12-05-2002, 11:57 PM
deltawing

Default GWS Warbirds amd Mr. Lin

Johnny (Mjohnny78): Yes, I've just been following Mr. Lin's posts and problems on the e-zone site. He's left the group for a while to lick his wounds but I bet he's back within a week.

Thanks for the heads up

P.S. I picked up a silver P-51 from my LHS day before yesterday. I won't be flying it any time soon - I want to take my time and grab some building tips first. Besides, I 'm really still in training with my DHC-2 - had a great day today out in the valley here. Beautiful open sky and only a 2-3 knot breeze with just a couple of Zaggies and a glider in the air. I'm to the point now where I can really relax at the stick and sort of "fly-by-mind" and really observe what's going on rather than my first few flights which were fly-by-adrenaline :-)

I'm likin' this hobby more and more every time I go out.

-PSW (Deltawing)
Old 12-28-2002, 08:25 PM
FREEBIRD

Default GWS Warbirds

I built and flew the GWS P-51 for about a month, I could never get the CG right, and any little nose in would bend the motor shaft like butter. I was not real impressed by it, I had a small nose in last time out and the fuse blew apart. I scrapped it. For this size plane I think you're better off with built up planes, they are far more repairable. It looked kinda nice in the air, but there are a lot better planes.