Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Just need to know if this battery will work?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Just need to know if this battery will work?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 10:15 PM
CGCINC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just need to know if this battery will work?

Bought a new Trainer today and they were out of stock on extra batteries so I've been searching.....
The battery that comes withthe Sky Trainer 182 is an 11.1V 1800mAh Li-Poly 15c

I'm wanting to buy an extra battery ANDincrease the flight time so from what I've read, I think Ineed to increase the 1800mAh...yes/no?
I've found this battery, Blue LiPo 3-Cell 2200mAh 3S1P 11.1v 20C LiPoly.
Will this work?

Also,does the difference in current ratingmatter? Is the C rating dependant on how much draw you have... Like if I added a bigger motor I would need a bigger C rating?

Old 08-17-2010, 10:39 PM
dskuro95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just need to know if this battery will work?

This battery you found should work.  As long as the speed control and motor is for a 3cell or more it should be fine.  If you find that the plane is dippiing in the air or not going as fast the battery might weigh to much.  That shouldn't matter though.  If you feel the speed control or motor is too hot just stop using it.  Also if the battery gets over heated stick it in a fridge or cooler for 10 minutes that always works. 

Good Luck,
                                                                                  Dskuro95