RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Electric General Discussion (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-general-discussion-106/)
-   -   Brushless 4250-KV500 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-general-discussion-106/11034769-brushless-4250-kv500.html)

Stickman0403 04-09-2012 11:36 AM

Brushless 4250-KV500

<span style="font-family: Tahoma; "><span style="font-size: larger; "><span style="text-align: left; ">I</span>am looking at purchasing the<span style="text-align: left; ">2.4G Extreme Detail 6-Channel AirField RC P-51 1450MM (57") Radio Control Warbird Plane w/ Brushless Motor/ESC ARF *Super Scale* EPO Foam Plane + Electric Retracts + Retractable Tail Wheel +Flap(Silver).

</span></span></span><span style="font-size: larger; "><span style="text-align: left; "><div style="text-align: left;"><span style="font-family: Tahoma; "><span style="font-size: larger; ">I saw this plane fyling and it looked nice, and flew very nice.</span></span></div></span></span><span style="font-family: Tahoma; "><span style="font-size: larger; ">
<span style="text-align: left; ">It Comes with;
</span></span></span><ul>[*]<span style="font-family: Tahoma; "><span style="font-size: larger; "><span style="text-align: left; ">Brushless motor upgraded to 4250-KV500</span></span></span>[*]<span style="font-family: Tahoma; "><span style="font-size: larger; "><span style="text-align: left; ">ESC upgraded to 50A ESC with 4A BEC
</span></span></span>[/list]<div><span style="font-family: Tahoma; "><span style="font-size: larger; "><span style="text-align: left; ">I</span>am new to Electric world, flying mostly Nitros.

I want to make sure it has the proper power.

I am familiar with E-Flite motors, how does this motor compare?Any thoughts on this plane &amp;/or configurations that provide ample power?</span></span><span style="font-family: Tahoma; "><span style="font-size: larger; "><br type="_moz" /></span></span></div><span style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; text-align: left; ">
<br type="_moz" /></span>

Glacier Girl 04-09-2012 02:59 PM

RE: Brushless 4250-KV500

It is a sweet flying bird. If you haven't already, read up all you can on it first. Here, Watt Flyer, and RCG.

Has it's little bug a boo's, but only thing I can think of that stands out is don't trust the built in bec. Install a stand alone switching bec and disable the one in the esc.

Stickman0403 04-10-2012 03:48 PM

Well I read enough last night to make me want to reconsider this plane...

thx

startazz 04-18-2012 04:25 AM

Durafly does a real nice P-51 Mustang from Hobbyking which has flaps,retracts and the Led lights as standard,and it's has some good reviews over at rcgroups if you want to read up on it,but it's not as big as the one you have said from airfield but you can get a bigger version from HK which isn't a Durafly model,the other one is based on the Big Beautiful Doll which also has flaps retracts but not sure about the LED lights but has a 61 inch wing span so that might be better for you.

I've gone over to Durafly now after buying most of the PZ warbirds and i must say the quality is very good and there scale look is better too. ;)

I'll leave a few links so you can check them out if you like,but no matter where you buy your P-51 if you get one all i can say is i really like all my foam warbirds and won't be with out any of them,so i hope you find what your looking for mate.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...00mm_PNF_.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...1inch_PNF.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...-Warbirds.html

SilverState RC 04-18-2012 06:56 AM

I cannot tell you much about the airplane. But I can tell you that the motor that is in it married up with the very large prop that comes with it has plenty of power. I have a large EPO foam Corsair. That Im sure I purchased from the same place you purchased your Mustang from. It comes with the 4250kv 500 motor. I live and fly from a 5000ft in elevation runway. And that motor with the stock prop with the stock 50A ESC and a 4s 3300 40C battery flies very well. And my Corsair isnt light either. When I did my test pulls I did them vertically with the aircraft in my hand. Im more than sure if I had given it a gentle toss it would have taken off vertically.

So because you live in NC Im going to assume that your pretty low in elevation say less than 2000ft. I would still buy the larger 4s battery 3000Mah 30C min and you will enjoy lots of power and likely get an honest 7-10 min worth of flying out of that pack.

Stickman0403 04-18-2012 07:14 AM

@<b style="font-family: verdana, arial; font-size: 11px; ">SilverState RC - THX FOR THE RESPONSE. EXCELLENT INFORMATION. I'M LOOKING AT THE CORSAIR...REMEMBER THE OLE BAA BAA BLACK SHEEP SQ....[/b]

blvdbuzzard 04-18-2012 04:24 PM

The war birds that are coming out will drive me to the poor house. Corsair, P-40, P-51, P-38 I want them all plus the bombers.

Buzz.

raido56 04-22-2012 07:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: Stickman0403

<span style=''font-family: Tahoma; ''><span style=''font-size: larger; ''><span style=''text-align: left; ''>I</span> am looking at purchasing the <span style=''text-align: left; ''>2.4G Extreme Detail 6-Channel AirField RC P-51 1450MM (57'') Radio Control Warbird Plane w/ Brushless Motor/ESC ARF *Super Scale* EPO Foam Plane + Electric Retracts + Retractable Tail Wheel +Flap(Silver).

</span></span></span><span style=''font-size: larger; ''><span style=''text-align: left; ''><div style=''text-align: left;''><span style=''font-family: Tahoma; ''><span style=''font-size: larger; ''>I saw this plane fyling and it looked nice, and flew very nice.</span></span></div></span></span><span style=''font-family: Tahoma; ''><span style=''font-size: larger; ''>
<span style=''text-align: left; ''>It Comes with;
</span></span></span><ul>[*]<span style=''font-family: Tahoma; ''><span style=''font-size: larger; ''><span style=''text-align: left; ''>Brushless motor upgraded to 4250-KV500</span></span></span>[*]<span style=''font-family: Tahoma; ''><span style=''font-size: larger; ''><span style=''text-align: left; ''>ESC upgraded to 50A ESC with 4A BEC
</span></span></span>[/list]<div><span style=''font-family: Tahoma; ''><span style=''font-size: larger; ''><span style=''text-align: left; ''>I</span> am new to Electric world, flying mostly Nitros.

I want to make sure it has the proper power.

I am familiar with E-Flite motors, how does this motor compare? Any thoughts on this plane &/or configurations that provide ample power?</span></span><span style=''font-family: Tahoma; ''><span style=''font-size: larger; ''><br type=''_moz'' /></span></span></div><span style=''font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; text-align: left; ''>
<br type=''_moz'' /></span>
Hi, I have the FMS T-28 1400 mm from Nitro Planes. It has the same motor the 4250 500 KV as the P-51 but the version 2 comes with a 65 amp ESC with a 5A SUBEC. The 50 amp ESC is in the old version. She flys great on a 4s pack and even better on a 5s pack. Here is a few pic's of my orange & white T-28 and my buddy's silver T-28 that we picked up at the WRAM show this year and a video of my T-28 flying.

http://youtu.be/tMojWlUqbZE

Keep em flying :D
raido56/ Herb