RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Electric General Discussion (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-general-discussion-106/)
-   -   Cermark New Electric Ultimate 10-300 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-general-discussion-106/4591876-cermark-new-electric-ultimate-10-300-a.html)

morpower 08-07-2006 12:19 AM

Cermark New Electric Ultimate 10-300

1 Attachment(s)
Well I couldn"t find any post on the Cermark Ultimate lil electric so I will start.
Prob not in the specific tree, but started here.

morpower 08-07-2006 12:26 AM

RE: Cermark Ultimate

1 Attachment(s)
More Pix.

The build is straight forward. I made some changes:

Top wing -3.5 deg neg if I glued cabaine in stock pos. I set it to -1.25 to -1.5 deg neg.

put bigger wheels 2"

painted spinner , gear and inner-planer struts orange, missed the shade

went to bigger motor than cermark recomend.

no instructions on bat. mounting; my method 2-56 screws~blind nut in front.

morpower 08-07-2006 12:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
PIX

morpower 08-07-2006 12:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Have not flown yet
Prob not a 3D machine
lot of pull on dry motor run

morpower 08-07-2006 12:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
PIX

morpower 08-07-2006 12:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Has a Trick little battery access hatch on bottom. wing removed for pix. Can slip batt in and out from hatch with wing(s) on.

morpower 08-07-2006 12:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for looking

shifty99 08-07-2006 06:48 PM

Thanx for posting on this plane. Had my eye on it for a while. Looks fantastic. Great job. What is your set-up? Is there a stick mount optoin for motor mounting or is it firewall only? What is the weight? Been looking at this or the e-flite ulimate fx. Want something that flys pretty light and looks scale for a small park down the road from my house. Thanx

SS2P 08-08-2006 02:28 PM

Good job.

Could I use a TP 1320 there?

Thanks,

Paul

morpower 08-10-2006 01:45 AM

I would like to answer some of the questions. Thx for the kind words.

Got a chance to fly. WAY nose heavy. put bat all way back and still a little nose heavy.

The plane flies "HEAVY". It flies in wind when foamys can't, but don't get it to slow. . . or else

Looks better in person than pix. flies kinda' fast for a small field.

holds a line good for a little plane, forget the 3d throws, snaps to easy with a lot of elev.

Rudd is VERY effective, the scale Ultimate does not have counter balance, this does, watch rudder throw.

A lot of people like the looks , it seems VERY STURDY, good quality, over engineered and a little heavy for wing area.

I will work with it more,

My setup

HS 65HB x 4 SERVO'S
PHX 25 controller
APC 10x5 E
Park Flier Radio Spectrum
Cellpro 2100 3S1P Li-po
Extreme Flight 2830/1095 Torque Outrunner Motor [ LOTSA POWER]

morpower 08-10-2006 09:10 AM

RE: Cermark New Electric Ultimate 10-300

Paul:

I would think a lighter batt would be better. The motor I chose would be to big for that batt.

Jimmy Hoffa 09-06-2006 01:19 PM

Morepower,
Thanks for the build post. I saw this plane at my LHS and almost bought it on inpulse. I still might buy one because it is so beautiful. My idea is to use a Hacker A20-20L (2 oz) and a TP 1320 battery which would save quite a bit of weight. My experience with these small planes is that a 3 or 4 oz of savings totally changes the flying characterstics. I understand that your setup is for speed, but a lightweight setup could work well also.
Phillip

lwatson 09-08-2006 04:57 PM

What is the wing span and AUW? And how does it knife edge?

tksamac 10-09-2006 08:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well I couldn't decide. It was a tough decision, so I bought both. It is amazing the differences between the two side by side. Actually they are both well built. I will wait til next week to get servos and such. I am catching up tonight on all the electric options.

Terry McLean
San Diego

tksamac 10-10-2006 11:05 AM

Morpower,

Just curious as to how you measured the incidence angles that tightly. Its been awhile for me on building this stuff so I need a little re-education. How did you mount it and so on to get all your angles calibrated.

Thanks

Terry

tksamac 10-10-2006 11:59 AM

Couple of things to note on an out of the box comparison of the Cermark Ultimate vs the Fliton Rogue.

The Cermark has a Nice canopy already cut with a pilot inside. The rogue has a lexan canopy that needs considerable and precise cutting to fit onto the cockpit.

The Cermark cowl has the holes cut for the engine as well as the cooling inlets already done. It is all nicely painted as well.
The Rogue is very nicely painted but none of the holes are cut out. I am sure this is for choosing whatever powerplant you want later.

The coating on both was good but the Cermark need no touchups and the Fliton needed quite a bit done the the fusalage.

The instructions for the Cermark are short and sweet with photographs. Since there isn't much to do here it isn't very long.
The instructions for the Fliton are nice but have no drawings and assume the builder has some building experience.

I will try to post later on some more progress.

If this is the wrong place to be let me know. There are so many forums I have no clue but to follow someone else's lead.

Thanks

Terry

eugenefelisco 10-11-2006 04:43 AM

Morpower....after you maidened your plane can you email me about the DX6 and hs-65 combo that you used. I'm changing my s75 to hs-65....yes all 4 of them....coz it give me problems....the one is grounded it heats-up my phoenix25....two(ailorons) are sometimes stuck and I have to jerk the left ailoron stick to put them in neutral....my email [email protected]

Hope to hear from you SIR....oh one more thing I like your plane...Thank you

Dangerous Dan 05-05-2008 12:14 PM

I just built and flew one of these and it flew terrible. extremly nose heavy, and needed a lot of speed to land power off dropped like a brick. the aileron setup with the tork rods and supplied hardware is terrible, the ailerons had a lot of binding and wouldn't center after an hour messing with them, weight was 29.25 oz with mysetup.

Having said that here was my setup:

TP 2100Mha 3 cell
eflight 480 outrunner
12x6
40a ESC

The reason it flew so poorly was 2 reasons, extremly heavy setup and verry nose heavy

The plane is absoutly beautiful

Here is what I will be doing to make it fly better
swith to a eflie 400 outrunner saves 1.1 oz(in the nose)
Switch to a 910 Mha TP Battery saves 2.61 oz (in the nose)
20A eflite speed control(saves .2oz)
Cut the aileron torque rods off and move the servos to the bottom of the bottom wing

This will save 4oz in the nose and get the ailerons working better should bring the weight down to 25oz and make it less nose heavy. I hope to have a more favorable report after these mods.