Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

eflights new ultramicro 300

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 10:10 PM
Aircraftfreak15

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eflights new ultramicro 300

Looked at eflights site and they just cant stop coming out with these new amasing planes that you just have to have the um beast isnt out yet and they already have another dayveiwing. Might have to give in and get it to.

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...rodID=EFLU1080
Old 10-21-2010, 10:34 PM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

Default RE: eflights new ultramicro 300

WAY to expensive for what you get.
I say get one of these and even make some copies like I'm doing
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=9203
Just get some Depron from RCFoam.com and have at it
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58005.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	1520849  
Old 10-24-2010, 04:32 PM
dc9mm

To me the Extra looks pretty darn good because of the low weight . The hobbyking model is about 12 to 20grams heavyer with about the same wing area from looking at the specs of both. Iam puzzled why people think the Eflite umx extra 300 isover priced. If you build your own by the time you ad up all the parts that come with the Eflite Extra it will cost MORE to build either a hobbyking Piagetor say a Mini Yak 54 and both of the kits will weigh more so the Eflite Extra 300should be able to fly really slow which will work great indoor. Eflite extra at 33 grams Hobby King Piaget 45 to 53 grams. To bad the Eflite isnt coming out until december according to a youtube video i saw.
Old 10-24-2010, 06:29 PM
Wheelnut

I am making a copy of mine out of Depron, which is lighter than EPP, so it will be lighter than the stock Mini Piaget.
And I could set up an extra for much less than the Eflite. Just get the brushless setup from Hobbycity and the foam from RCFoam.com.
Builders know what I'm talking about.
Old 10-24-2010, 07:18 PM
dc9mm

Well maybe for a builder who already owns some stuff. For me I just have a spektrum DX6i radio and nothing else. If I price out servos, speed control,motor, battery and battery charger plus a few other items needed its more than the Eflite $160. Now if you already own a battery charger or have servos then its a different story. But for what you get with the Eflite it doesn't look to bad at all. Certainly not over priced.

Last winter i had a parkzone J3 cub and want something more 3D this year for indoor gym flying. From my point of view this looks like the best deal going. Only problem i have is it isnt available yet. We start indoor next month.

Old 10-24-2010, 09:00 PM
Wheelnut

It is over priced,
I can get a good 25 to 30amp esc for $9.23, by the way, I have 4 of these running in current planes of mine with no problems.
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=6458

Here is a good motor I have in my Formosa for $9.79
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbyking/s...idproduct=2046

Here is a great 3s 25C 1300mah LiPo battery for $9.99
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=8936

These parts aren't for the plane in question, but I think you are starting to get the idea.

You can also get a good charger for $36.99
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=12104

How about a kit for $39.99

http://www.rcfoam.com/cart.php?targe...ategory_id=183

These are all very good examples of how you can save money.
All I'm saying is, where there's a will, there's a way. You just have to want to go out and find it.

Check out this MSComposite Unique I got for $65.00
I set it up with brushless and lipo for less than $30.00 and I use my DX6i just like you.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36490.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	223.0 KB
ID:	1522538  
Old 10-24-2010, 10:17 PM
dc9mm

Ok thanks for the suggestions. Iam new to this indoor stuff. I was just going by prices i found at a few online stores but it looks like if you know what your doing you can do it cheaper. Thanks for the info.

Dan
Old 10-25-2010, 12:07 AM
Aircraftfreak15

yes you can go cheper but it like the saying you get what you pay for horizon have great suport and anyone else can say i right there these other dealers may not have ass good of suport and the qulity of products arnt great but they do work good 98% of the time but your also runing a higher risk of failure with the cheap stuff.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:06 AM
Wheelnut

Sorry, but you are way off on the 98% of the time. Just ask someone on the inside how much support in terms of replacement stuff they give out. It's the same stuff built by the same people (Chinese) with a different name brand sticker on it. I've had my fair share of both "Brand Name" and "Off brand" stuff and they are pretty much equal as far as quality goes with two major differences.
1. "Brand name stuff usually cost at least twice as much and sometimes 3 and 4 times as much, but you get to talk to someone on the phone that makes you feel like you have your support team and they will repair or replace the problem.
2. "Off brand" stuff is way less and you can build, buy twice or three times as many parts or planes with that money and if you know what your doing then you will come out way ahead.

Horizon and Tower are kind of like the training wheels for RC. Sooner or later you recognize that you don't need your training wheels anymore.

Basically Americans are brain washed with this crap about you get what you pay for, although sometimes it's true, alot of times it's not. That just comes from those who want you to pay more. This is the type of thinking that I don't want at the voting poles.

"You get what you pay for" should be rewritten to something a little more intellegent because there is a lot more too it than that.

With all that aside, I am a micro junkie and the only micro planes that I am satisfied with are the Parkzone micros

Old 10-25-2010, 06:22 PM
Aircraftfreak15

Hey never said i dint fly cheap stuff i have 6 hobbyking batts and iam curently building the edge 540 g2 from them and its going together good but like i said i bought cheap servos and i lost a plane because of it now i wont buy any other servo but hitechs other than servos i trust other things that are cheap i think the price is a lil to much but like the 4site it will drop over time the pnp of the 4site is only 80$ now you cant even touch the guts for it for that price thats maby a um reciver. Ive had realy bad cosamer resonse from bannan hobby they dont anser or put you on hold fro as long as it takes for you to hang up i waited 45 min on hold from them and they never return e-mails. With horizon my um p-51 alerons were locking up and i called they said send it in and the fixed plane will be bac in 7-9 days they sent me a new plane and it was back in 4 days. Just my experiances.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:57 PM
Wheelnut

ORIGINAL: Aircraftfreak15
Ive had realy bad cosamer resonse from bannan hobby they dont anser or put you on hold fro as long as it takes for you to hang up i waited 45 min on hold from them and they never return e-mails.
I here ya bro.
I don't even bother trying customer service with the sites that I buy stuff at 1/4 the price. I just get another one and know that I still saved money.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:28 PM
Aircraftfreak15

yea the only reason i did is cus the plane came damaged and they dint do a thing about it....
Old 10-25-2010, 11:43 PM
Wheelnut

What I always do in that situation is not to accept the delivery.
Well, actually I have a UPS Mail box and they know not to accept any packages that come in looking damaged. It happened once on a plane that I ordered from Hobbycity. They refused the package and it got sent back. HC said it never arrived, but paypal got my money back anyway. Now the have a US warehouse, so it's alot better now.

CYA bro.
Old 11-20-2010, 04:50 PM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: dc9mm

To me the Extra looks pretty darn good because of the low weight . The hobbyking model is about 12 to 20 grams heavyer with about the same wing area from looking at the specs of both. Iam puzzled why people think the Eflite umx extra 300 is over priced. If you build your own by the time you ad up all the parts that come with the Eflite Extra it will cost MORE to build either a hobbyking Piaget or say a Mini Yak 54 and both of the kits will weigh more so the Eflite Extra 300 should be able to fly really slow which will work great indoor. Eflite extra at 33 grams Hobby King Piaget 45 to 53 grams. To bad the Eflite isnt coming out until december according to a youtube video i saw.
I think it's a decent price because it comes with everything you need to get flying [:-]