Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Blade MSR question

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 11:46 PM
ERK419

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blade MSR question

I have a quick question about the blade msr. I'm think about getting this heli to fly in the house this winter and I noticed it uses lipo batterys. Now I know the larger multi cell lipos can be dangerous if not charged properly. Now I was wondering if these are to seeing how there single cell and really small. Would you just use one until the heli doesn't want to go up any more them pop it in the charger. Also when its done charging will the charger shut off or the green light or what ever turn off letting you know its charged? Is there any dangers with this battery like the bigger lipos or is this battery just like any of the other non lipos.

Thanks
Old 10-08-2010, 12:03 AM
Aircraftfreak15

Default RE: Blade MSR question

with all lipos there is a danger but sigle cells like this oneare less likely to malfunktion. And the charger come with the heli and the light will be soild then will blink then shut off when done charging. iam not shur if these could blow up or not though or catch fire but i dbout it on of mine shorted out and i jut set id out side away from stuff becaus it got raly hot but it dint do any thing picked it up a few days later and tossed it out.
Old 10-10-2010, 04:00 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

ERK, I just pulled pitch on my MSR after several months. It's a great little bird. I have been using these single cell lipos for years with no problems. Treat them with respect, but you have a more powerful lipo in your phone most likely. If you get the version with a battery charger you are set to go. The little batteries will lose charge in storage much faster than a bigger battery.

Any other questions fire away.

Fern
Old 10-11-2010, 10:07 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Here's some outdoor video,

Fern

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWjVrazi-lw
Old 11-04-2010, 01:02 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

The board on the MSR has a shutoff to keep you from ruining your batteries, but they won't last as long if you fly until it kicks in. I find that I can go about 7 minutes until the shutoff stops it, so I limit flights to 5. I will say that the MSR is a good choice. I have many flights on mine and some things have broken, but HH has been outstanding to get warranty repair parts from. They certainly haven't made any money on my purchase, but they have made a satisfied customer.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:47 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

And it depends on your throttle. I get 7 minutes easy indoor, but go for about 4 minutes outdoors. New video,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiqQ4x3Jb3A

Fern
Old 11-28-2010, 12:23 AM
doskraut

I to have a msr and this it  is squirrelly,and I just picked up the dx6i and hope to bind them as soon as my new tail motor arrives.and I have time to read the manual.I am new to this hobby and always looking in forums for answers.like whats a good indoor heli,i am playing with a mcx"should have got the mcx2"and last what other helis work with the dx6i.all the help I can use
Old 11-28-2010, 10:15 AM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Any of the helis from Horizon should be dsm2 now. And any of the bigger helis, just use a dsm2 rx.

Fern
Old 11-28-2010, 03:12 PM
CMAN

Good Day

I have a MSR that i fly indoors, in my basement, I've actually flown it from the basement to my top floor, and back, Great little heli. The heli has a blue light in it that flashes when the battery voltage is low. I have found if i stop it before this stage the batteries last a longer, and also do not put the battery in the charger if it is warm, The 4 port charger that came with my MSR has a red light that is on solid when the battery is low and flases slower as the battery becomes charged. the further the flases are apart the closer to charged it is. Like any lipo respect it, watch it and it will be good for you.

I hope this helps

good luck and have fun

Note not edited for spelling and grammer I'm lazy