Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight
Reload this Page >

parkzone UM p-51 thrust (in grams)???????

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

parkzone UM p-51 thrust (in grams)???????

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 09:18 AM
MCRIPPPer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default parkzone UM p-51 thrust (in grams)???????

hello. i would like to know how much thrust the parkzone ultramicro p-51/t28 motor/prop/gearbox has? iv seen a youtube vid of a sukhoi equipped with one of these motors and it was doing fast vertical climb so it must have pretty good power. im thinking of building a mini airboat using the UM p51 drive system.
Old 07-09-2011, 04:39 PM
Saburo Sakai

Default RE: parkzone UM p-51 thrust (in grams)???????

Her thrust with stock prop is more than 34.6 grams, her flying weight, because she will climb right out of my hands vertically under full throttle. Here's the part link at HH.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=PKZ3624
This is, allegedly, the 8.5 mm motor with housing and gearbox.
What I've noticed with my Mustang #1 is that after a couple hours of running time, the motor loses a little power, still cranks out enough to lift its full body weight, but that the motor effeciency loss is progressive until eventual burn out.
Now, what's the difference between it and the Sukhoi Su-26xp motor? I wish they'd give specifics on this stuff.....
So, assuming the same 8.5 mm motor is used in the Corsair, which weighs 41.8 grams and people have complained it's "underpowered" on the thread herein, what do you bet that the thrust of this motor/gearbox depending upon propellor is around.....41.8 grams?
Old 07-09-2011, 09:17 PM
MCRIPPPer

thanks. im trying to build this boat as light as possible so it is fast and fun. im making it out of styrofoam, so i could possibly be able to get it to the same weight as the plane. i think i will use the stock blade msr esc board and 150-160 mah msr/mcx batteries. this thing should be light!
iv water proofed the esc/rx with liquid electrical tape which works great without adding too much weight. i wont have to worry about landing my msr in wet grass, and il use it on the boat. 
Old 07-10-2011, 07:56 AM
Saburo Sakai

MC, I like the idea of your "liquid electrical tape". Where'd you get it? Sounds great!
Importantly, have you had any problems with heat build-up after an extended run? If not, could it be that these micro systems are just not cranking out much heat in the first place and it's no worry?
Your boat should FLY. What are you gonna name her? "SealTeam Six Marine Landing Craft: Unleash the Warriors" ????
Old 07-10-2011, 04:30 PM
MCRIPPPer

you can get liquid electrical tape at the hardware store. it is a very common product.l it hardens into a nice tough rubber. you can brush on a very thin coat. it is also easily scraped off if you need to solder something on the board. iv covered the esc of my 1:10th rc buggy and have went through big puddles without the body on and it still works like new.
the boat should go pretty fast i hope. it might blow over being so light tho, but who cares?

i need to figure out what to do with the elevator servo.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:36 AM
MCRIPPPer

does anyone know the wight of the um p51 motor, prop (without spinner) and gearbox? (weight in grams? )
Old 07-12-2011, 11:13 AM
MCRIPPPer

is this. javascript:mox(); the same as this? javascript:mox(); exept for spinner? also, can the prop be installed backward to make it into a pusher ??
Old 07-12-2011, 05:14 PM
MCRIPPPer

no one knows?