Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Anyone Flying a Pole Cat?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 04:22 AM
RKS1949

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Flying a Pole Cat?

I just ordered a Pole Cat yesterday from Horizon Hobbies. It looks like a fun plane to fly,and I've never had a "micro" plane! Most of my planes are bigger! Had a Vapor and got bored with it! Will this plane fly in any wind (5-10 mph?) Thanks,Ron
Old 11-29-2011, 06:21 PM
RKS1949

Default RE: Anyone Flying a Pole Cat?

UPS delivered my Pole Cat this evening. I'm impressed with the fit,and finnish of this model. If it flys as well as it looks,I'll be a happy camper!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19303.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	184.8 KB
ID:	1693127  
Old 11-30-2011, 11:24 AM
Saburo Sakai

You'd probably enjoy reading the full review of this beautiful bird on the RCU "magazine" under "new products" prompt at the top, and there's a thread on page 2 of this very "indoor/micro" category that covers some other Pole Cat flyers' modification plans. Good lookin' bird.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:59 PM
RKS1949

ORIGINAL: Saburo Sakai

You'd probably enjoy reading the full review of this beautiful bird on the RCU ''magazine'' under ''new products'' prompt at the top, and there's a thread on page 2 of this very ''indoor/micro'' category that covers some other Pole Cat flyers' modification plans. Good lookin' bird.[img][/img]
Thanks,I flew it today in 10-15mph wind. It was exciting,but the little plane flew extreemly well under the conditions. I've moved the control throw to max,for the next flights. The factory settings were ok,but left alot to be desired! The rudder should have great authority now (knife edge was impossible with the book settings). All in all,the plane flys great! The Eflight battery supplied with the plane is ok,but a TP 160 mAh-25C really woke the plane up! Can't wait to fly it again! Ron
Old 11-30-2011, 02:58 PM
RKS1949

Just got in from flying again! The throw increases were exactly what the plane needed. The wind had died down to 6 MPH,and it flew great! The rudder has all the travel that I can put into it,and it almost will fly knife edge (maybe a litte CG change is in order?) I can't say enough about the TP 160 mAh battery! It is giving almost twice the flight time,the stock one does. Are there any other brand batterys that outperform the stock one? This plane is a blast to fly. I've got the "Micro" fever now!
Old 11-30-2011, 04:39 PM
Saburo Sakai

I got a bunch of the TP 160 25Cs last summer andhaven't needed to look for any"more" battery. The high C makes a huge difference as sometimes these planes want todraw more power thanlowerC batts. can provide. Maybe it's the age/wear factor that makes them draw more, though I'm not a throttle-hammer dude, anyway. Hyperion has a great reputation here, but I've not been able to find a 1S with the micro connector. Let us know if you do, Pole Cat driver.
Old 11-30-2011, 04:58 PM
RKS1949

I will![sm=thumbup.gif] The 12 C batterys that come with it seem weak? Could be the cold weather also,I'm not sure? It dosen't seem to bother the TP's as bad though! Ron
Old 12-01-2011, 11:04 PM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

bro I love my Pole Cat!
its my favorite micro plane, with they made a brushless version..
I fly with Turnigy 160 Nanos, Turnigy 160 30c and they rock!
Old 12-02-2011, 06:53 PM
Saburo Sakai

I found the Hyperion 1S batteries through their home website, at this place in Arizona, here:

http://www.empirerc.com/batteries-li...12_69_157.html

They've got 160 25Cs for 7.00 US. They may be heavier than the TP 160s but not by much. I have been so pleased with Horizon Hobby and the TPs I've got that I haven't needed to change, but there it is.....and I love Arizona! Is Empire RC cool with delivery, etc...? Never bought from them...
Old 12-02-2011, 11:14 PM
srt10

oh man!
for less than a buck fourty, you can have the Turnigy Nano 160mah 25-40c lipo
I have 25 or 30 of them and they kick butt!
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11893
Old 12-04-2011, 05:58 AM
RKS1949

ORIGINAL: Saburo Sakai

I found the Hyperion 1S batteries through their home website, at this place in Arizona, here:

http://www.empirerc.com/batteries-li...12_69_157.html

They've got 160 25Cs for 7.00 US. They may be heavier than the TP 160s but not by much. I have been so pleased with Horizon Hobby and the TPs I've got that I haven't needed to change, but there it is.....and I love Arizona! [img][/img] Is Empire RC cool with delivery, etc...? Never bought from them...
I've got quite a few 3 cell packs,and some have swelled over the last storage period. The only one's that keep going for me year after year, are the Thunder Power Battery's![sm=thumbup.gif] Seem like every time I get a good (read cheap) deal on batterys,they don't perform well,or last? I've heard good things about Hyperion Battery's! I'll have to try some. Ron
Old 12-04-2011, 10:18 AM
srt10

If you used a good battery like the Nanos you wont have swelling issues..
some just cannot handle the low price of Hobbyking
even the guys at Hobbytown are buying them up for their park fliers
Old 12-04-2011, 04:05 PM
RKS1949

ORIGINAL: srt10

Thanks for the info. I'll check them out! I just ordered a Sukhoi XP Sat night,it should be here Tuesday some time. Gotta give the Pole Cat a little breather! LOL!
Old 12-04-2011, 08:03 PM
srt10

ORIGINAL: RKS1949

ORIGINAL: srt10

Thanks for the info. I'll check them out! I just ordered a Sukhoi XP Sat night,it should be here Tuesday some time. Gotta give the Pole Cat a little breather! LOL!
right on man!
these little planes are a hoot!!
Old 12-13-2011, 04:45 AM
RKS1949

Got ALOT of flying in yesterday! Temps were in the low 50's and 3-5mph winds! The Pole Cat was great! The Sukhoi XP (not so great)! LOL! 3 friends flew both planes,and said the Pole Cat was the Best flying micro they had ever flown! One commented that the Sukhoi flew "like a pig"! LOL! We adjusted the throws/CG and came to the conclusion that the Sukhoi dosen't improve much,(nose heavy,CG right on,or tail heavy! It just wallows around in the sky! LOL! I've since sanded all the "warts" off the Suk,pulled out the gear box/motor and re-set the thrust to zero-zero. It had alot of right/down thrust from the factory (might have been a goof up?) One thing for sure,I don't think I can make it fly any worse! LOL! The Suk dose do good stall turns though,but it won't fly knife edge! Even with the CG all the way back,it would loose elevation,plus try to "tuck" under all the time. I think it might be a wing incidense issue? (it's gonna get tore down alot) They all wanted to fly the Pole Cat non stop! In fact 2 of them ordered one last night from HH!
Old 12-13-2011, 04:43 PM
srt10

you need to change the settings with your SU-26xp and it will fly much much better..
they 3D very well IMO