Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

What is the best Micro RC Plane for beginners?

Old 02-23-2014, 05:29 PM
whiptail1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have a night vapor and fly it in a high school gym in the winter. I have been in many collisions and today the motor mount/gear box broke. Got one at the LHS for $7.00. We have divided the planes into groups to keep the damage down. Night vapors and such are one. Micro WWII fighters and champs are one. Helicopters are one. Except that they really don't do well outside I would buy another night vapor.
Old 02-28-2014, 07:37 PM
JPerrone

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I am liking the little foam planes because they seem pretty survivable. Not 100% bullet proof; but the same kind of landing on a .40-46 balsa ARF vs little foames will send you home vs keep flying.
I have a Parkzone micro T28 and a P40. REALLY like those!!! I can fly them in a bit of wind; not fun but it's do-able. They are Z-foam and can some beating. I've repaired the T-28 some, it looks rough but it keeps going.

I mention these because they come with a field portable charger, uses AA batteries. You can also buy replacement batteries for these cheap (as are most in this size). I have 6, and two portable chargers
Fly; replace with battery 2 and start charging battery 1;
Fly; replace with battery 3 and start charging battery 2;
Fly/replace with battery 4, 5, 6
By this time, battery 1 is charged; start charging battery 3 (its cooled down a bit)
And battery 2 is charged...

You get the idea!! You have more possible flight time than ability to pay attention at this rate.

Regards
Old 02-08-2015, 02:21 PM
Squishyflight

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Thumbs up INUM rtf

I think you would really like this plane: inum rtf

nice slow flier

2.4ghtz technology for no interference

indistructable

comes with everything including the batteries for the transmitter

2 channels throttle and rudder

all this for a price tag of 39.99

http://www.flyzoneplanes.com/airplan...100/index.html
Old 02-09-2015, 10:46 AM
CasualRC

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishyflight View Post
I think you would really like this plane: inum rtf

nice slow flier

2.4ghtz technology for no interference

indistructable

comes with everything including the batteries for the transmitter

2 channels throttle and rudder

all this for a price tag of 39.99

http://www.flyzoneplanes.com/airplan...100/index.html
This thing looks awesome, thank you for the suggestion! I'm going to read up more on it when I have the chance. Thanks again
Old 02-09-2015, 07:46 PM
Steve Westphal

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

we have flown the Flyzone foamies and love them. Their Neiuport is extremely easy to fly and a good plane to start with. In fact, all of them are good starter planes. We fly the Cub, the Albatros, the Fokker and the Playmate and all are easy flyers. Give one a try.
Old 12-29-2015, 02:52 PM
CasualRC

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I just wanted to post an update. I didn't end up getting the Inum, as it got some rather poor reviews. Mostly the flight characteristics and design were not very positive. I did buy the Night Vapor shortly after I posted this original thread. I must say, the Night Vapor is absolutely my favorite slow flying plane! I don't have the space to fly it indoors, but the plane is awesome to fly outside when there's no breeze. Flight feels pretty much perfect to me, I don't have any struggles with it, and it flies really smooth.

I also love any plane that comes with a way to charge in the field, and the included field charger is awesome. The plane is durable as well. Actually flew it into my pool the first day I had it, since an out-of-nowhere gust of wind came and took the plane into the pool, haha. The plane glitched out a bit, but after a few days it went back to normal and I haven't had any issues with it.

Definitely a recommended plane, and the more you fly it, the better you get. Super fun and easy to fly, and of course can be flown at night.
Old 01-08-2016, 08:30 PM
CasualRC

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Posting an update! I couldn't help buying the Flyzone Inum, despite the numerous complaints about it's poor flight characteristics (namely that it always wants to turn left). I tried it out and posted my experience with it as a new thread. I talked about my efforts to fix the problems it has and it flies much better now.

Here's the link: Fix your Flyzone Inum RTF!!

Search this Thread