Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Ares Fokker DVII Repair?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 07:48 PM
Bloomqum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ares Fokker DVII Repair?

During Winter last year(2015-16) I bought an Ares Tiger Moth from the local Hobby Town. Had my doubts about it, but it was half price and I can't resist "bipes". Turned out to be a great plane for my first season flying indoors (small middle school gym). It was (still is) a nice "floater". Also the landing gear, all four outer struts, access hatch, and battery are attached with micro magnets, so when I do contact the wall or land hard, all I normally have to do is collect the pieces, reassemble them in the bleachers and then it's back to flying. They discontinued it that year (hence the "sale"), and brought in a Sopwith Pup and a Fokker DVII. I bought the Fokker DVII and it was just as tame as the Tiger Moth. Last time I had it to the gym though it seems the motor has slipped and disengaged from the drive gear (something the Tiger Moth did as well). With exception of the battery there are no micro magnets holding this together and no hatch access to the motor/esc/servos area like on the Tiger Moth. Has anyone had experience repairing these?