Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Dumas Eindecker Build/Electrify

Old 01-13-2019, 11:51 AM
Steelhead13

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dumas Eindecker Build/Electrify

Hello,
This is my first post to this group. I'm interested in any/all info that anyone may give me regarding converting a Dumas Eindecker lll to electric (or any small balsa kit airplane). It is the smaller build. I want to fly it indoors at local sports dome. I have not done any electrical conversions and would welcome any suggestions especially regarding making working elevators, rudders and mounting hardware. TIA
Old 02-09-2019, 06:08 AM
Appowner
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A conversion like this is for someone who's been doing this hobby for a while. I suggest you get a larger model designed for RC and build it first. Then build another. Once you can build one without asking questions, then you can attempt a conversion of something smaller. Didn't say you'd succeed though. It takes imagination and thinking outside the box for some of these conversions. Not to mention an understanding of the materials, their strengths and uses in a model.

Last edited by BarracudaHockey; 04-21-2019 at 09:43 AM.
Old 04-21-2019, 07:39 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 173 Likes on 149 Posts

I would suggest picking up one of the Eflight UMX airplanes such as their Super Cub. The Flight system would be the ideal size for the Eindecker. The UMX airplane will also provide a great example on how to set up the control surfaces.