Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Inductrix airplane questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2019, 05:27 PM
olDave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inductrix airplane questions

Hi, everybody, I am new here, this is my first post, yada yada. And I did indeed run the search tool to try to find my own answer but I did not find anything close, so here goes--

I bought a Horizon Hobby Blade Inductrix set (hovercraft-quadcopter-airplane). The airplane wing is moulded foam about 1/8th inch thick, and looks kinda wimpy to me (especially with the big holes for the fan ducts cut through the main structural part of the wing). I would like to add a judicious amount of spanwise reinforcement just ahead of those holes. Should I use a few inches of cellophane tape (both on top and under the wing), or make a knife cut in the foam and slip in a few inches of carbon rod (overkill?), or just leave it alone?

I would also like to add cellophane tape to wrap the leading edge of the wing, all along the span. This comes from much experience with how easily other foam wings collect nicks and dents. But is this going to add too much weight?

OK, it's open season on the new guy--
Thanks ahead of time for your help.

-Dave