Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Any Info on mini IFO?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2003, 10:06 PM
Thunderbird5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Info on mini IFO?

All,
Does anyone have a mini IFO and have any info they'd like to share with me? I want one, and have a few questions. First of all, how hard is it to build? Brutally simple? Extremely dificult? Any help would be appriciated...

Jake
Old 10-23-2003, 10:00 AM
Jason Beach
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Any Info on mini IFO?

I have a Mini IFO and enjoy it very much.
I found it fairly easy to build, though it is built a bit differently than most models.
Here's a link in the parkflyer forum with some video of my IFO and a bit of info.

Jason
Old 01-05-2004, 05:01 PM
joeb102072
My Feedback: (9)

Lets get something straight right here and now, I AM LAZY. I hate building anything my last name should be RTF cuz thats how I like em. Anyway wildrc.com has set up's for the IFO and the mini and they come that way RTF. Actually built, tested and flown before they are shipped to you. If you dont mind spending the extra $$$ its definatly worth it. Another piece of advice I found out is that if you are going to buy this AWESOME plane get the "HOP UP" kit for it, its way better than the standard engine and battery. The mini hop up kit is a 3 cell li poly battery @ 950 mah and a twin GWS A engine. That turns a normally average flying plane into a beast and I mean beast, hover at 1/2 throttle and vertical into the sky at 3/4 I dare not say what it does at full throttle lets just say for a park flyer its scary. Expos and low rates are a good idea. Def a smart way to go. GOOOOOD LUCK
Old 01-10-2004, 12:46 AM
hotairflyer
My Feedback: (5)

They are a blast and indestructable. Go light with GWS A an 2x 880 lipoly. Will fly for 1/2 hour of continuous fun.
Old 01-10-2004, 08:06 AM
Kyle2Baseball

If u want enormous power on the ifo the li polys fly it great with the gws double motor the smalll on with two onm 1 gearbox it has lots of power and flys great with a 10 8 prop.
Old 01-12-2004, 12:59 PM
Cactus.
My Feedback: (1)

flew mine on a borrowed GSP dual A box last night, when i found another guy nicked the only A box there just before me then didnt even have to use it!!![:@] the rest of the night was full of me throwing my useless worn out motored Mini IFO back at my flight box after a useless flight
Old 01-20-2004, 01:34 PM
Luke 3D returns

Modify the rudder so that you have rudder control for hovering, stall truns spins e.t.c.
Makes everything even more fun!
Old 01-23-2004, 11:29 AM
smokingcrater

modify the mini ifo for rudder? seems like that would be tought to do, weight wise... It flys great light, but isn't nearly as much fun with extra weight.

also, total construction time for mine was under an hour, so don't worry about building it. (and that is after launching the 'bearings' across the room at supersonic velocities, twice. Anyone that has built one probably knows what I mean.)
Old 02-09-2004, 01:58 PM
KCFlyBoy
My Feedback: (12)

Easy to build fun to fly I have a couple of them. My sons and I have flown ours in the basement we have 10' ceilings and a 20x24 room tight but great for leaning to hover.
Old 02-13-2004, 10:21 PM
tashley
My Feedback: (9)

I'm getting ready to start my third one. Wore out the first, still flying the second, and the third will have an IPS dual drive and a rudder servo. On a still morning I can hold mine in a hover untill the nose falls off to the side at about half throttle with the IPS single. The next one should really be a blast. The IFO Mini is one of those designs that I will always have a copy of in my hanger.