Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Protecting Foam...

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2003, 03:12 PM
BykrDan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Protecting Foam...

Hello;

I've just made a fairly sharp-looking pair of wheel pants/landing gear for the GeeBee (pictures shortly, when I get near my camera again) using layers of Depron foam, sanded smooth. They look okay as they are, but the bare, sanded foam looks a little delicate, plus they could use a little spot filling here and there.

I could just paint them at this point, but can I use a light coating of thinned epoxy alone to harden the surface a little bit? These are very small, and I'm trying to keep things light (three grams each), so I don't want to use fiberglass.

Is there anything better than epoxy to coat them with?

Thanks much...
Dan.
Old 12-16-2003, 11:03 AM
finchero
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Protecting Foam...

get some denatured alcohol and dilute the epoxy to a thin consistency and wipe this over the wheel paints with a cotton ball. your foam will now have 4-5 times the strength with minimum weight added. remember it will take longer to cure so be patient