Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Esc Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2002, 10:02 PM
pacoson71
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Esc Help

I have a GWS GS100 ESC 2 JR241 sub micros and a GWS DX2 ips geared motor 8-6 prop all new 6 cell gws 150Mah

Bench testing the Equipment the motor stops dead at full stick. Few seconds later it will start back up WHY?

I used a 4 cell aa pack and it worked fine at full stick and servo movement.

Please help
Jon
Old 10-21-2002, 08:02 PM
larryflew
My Feedback: (13)

Default Esc Help

Guess without getting any readings, but sounds like you hit the max amps of the ESC and it's cutting off.
Old 11-05-2002, 01:40 AM
KCFlyBoy
My Feedback: (12)

Default Esc Help

The controller you have has a BEC battery elimination circuit. when you reach the minimum voltage to run the servos it cuts off the motor so you have power to land the plane. You can get the motor to start again by closing the throttle and opening it again but it will cut off soon after when the voltage drops again. I had the similar questions when my first plane did the same thing. If you add a cell or two you will get some fly time. Enjoy
Old 11-07-2002, 02:21 AM
rcav8or
My Feedback: (5)

Default Re: Esc Help

Originally posted by pacoson71
I have a GWS GS100 ESC 2 JR241 sub micros and a GWS DX2 ips geared motor 8-6 prop all new 6 cell gws 150Mah

Bench testing the Equipment the motor stops dead at full stick. Few seconds later it will start back up WHY?

I used a 4 cell aa pack and it worked fine at full stick and servo movement.

Please help
Jon
Jon - you don't mention if it dies at full stick, and you take the stick back down, then it comes back, or if it comes on keeping the stick at full all the time.

Most BEC (battery elimination circuits) are set so that you DO have time to fly home, just without much motor. MOST of them reset, when you take throttle all the way off, then bring it back up. It's designed that way, so you have full servos the whole way down, you land dead stick, but you can have very short little burst's of power, to help make it back to the field. If when it dies, and you leave the stick up, see if it takes off running again, without having to reset with zero throttle. Now, be CAREFUL when you do this test - if it comes back on, it will be coming back at full throttle. And if it does, it's trying to tell you that it is drawing too much current, overloading the controller, and shutting itself down.

However, if it dies, and won't start up until you take the throttle all the way down, and back up, it's probably your batteries. But even then, if you are at full throttle, you should notice a decline in RPM quite a bit before it dies, as the battery voltage drops.

Also, when it dies, see if you still have servo's. I think if it's overloaded, the servos will stop, or be erratic, when the motor dies, and if the battery is low, just the motor will stop. Never tried it, but it's a thought. Perhaps tomorrow I'l brave the cold, and check it out....

Hope this helps...

R