Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Air Hogs Aero Ace!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 08:52 PM
WannaFly_06

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Air Hogs Aero Ace!

hey guys.. heres my little AA Jet... like I said before, was a bit hard to fly.. damn wind.. but was wondering if I could put a small screw in the nose to help it from wanting to nose up so much

Old 10-14-2006, 08:56 PM
googledperson

whoa! dude ive never seen that before! what channel is that? is that one of the new models?
Old 10-14-2006, 08:57 PM
SnitGTS

After my first hard nose in on pavement the very front of the nose ripped off. I used 5 minute epoxy to re-attach it and the extra weight of the epoxy definately helped keep the nose down and also helped it fight thru the wind as opposed to being blown up and away. I definately recommend adding some weight to the nose!
Old 10-14-2006, 08:58 PM
WannaFly_06

ORIGINAL: googledperson

whoa! dude ive never seen that before! what channel is that? is that one of the new models?
its on channel A...
Old 10-14-2006, 08:58 PM
googledperson

ORIGINAL: SnitGTS

Lol! The tail fins were removed by my dog a long time ago! It flew quite well without them, but as someone said on here if I gave it too much yaw it would spiral into the ground. My dog is a yorkshire terrier and she must think it is a bird or something cause she chases it around my backyard relentlessly! It is hilarious to see in person! I am amazed at the abuse the little plane took from her before the wing came off today. I have a second aero ace jet that I'm going to let her have fun with, but it doesn't fly right. I think one of the motors is a little burnt out, so I'm going to replace that motor with one from the one that departed today.

I'll have to give the mono bipe a try to see how she performs. Does it take wind better as a monoplane? A co-worker of mine brought in a bipe one day (it was his wifes), and I remember it hovering in one spot at full power into a slow wind. That's one reason I bought the jet at first cause it performed better in a slight wind. By the way, the bipe is for my entertainment only!!!

Thanks for the help!

Jay
yes the mono does handle wind, its easiest to take the wings off from the back to front. As in pull out back first
Old 10-14-2006, 09:00 PM
SnitGTS

Actually, with the amount of damage the tip of the nose takes you might want to put the screw in the canopy or another spot and not front and center for any collision.
Old 10-14-2006, 09:01 PM
googledperson

ORIGINAL: WannaFly_06

its on channel A...
yo add a couple strips of black electrical tape to the bottom of the nose all the way up to the switch. also, you may want to wrap a piece around the nose, i found this out after it fell off. The tape helps with weight, protects the bottom from scracthing and it does NOT add so much weight that it doesnt glide as well. Also, from what store did you buy that?
Old 10-14-2006, 09:03 PM
SnitGTS

They come in 3 different channels, A, B, and C. I have (had) 2 of the B's. The tx is 2 channel similar to the bipe if that's what you were asking. They fly a little faster and handle wind better then an unmod'd bipe. Definately worth the $30!!!
Old 10-14-2006, 09:04 PM
googledperson

They come in 3 different channels, A, B, and C. I have (had) 2 of the B's. The tx is 2 channel similar to the bipe if that's what you were asking. They fly a little faster and handle wind better then an unmod'd bipe. Definately worth the $30!!!
oh i know i have a jet its just that ive never seen that color configuration before and wondered if its a new model. mines a yello and black B i also have a yellow and green mono i like having one fin in the middle much better than both or none. Any ideas for new props? are bipe props the same? if not is it the same power? my props are pretty dinged on account of the driveway beatings theve taken
Old 10-14-2006, 09:23 PM
SnitGTS

One thing I learned about the props, they are different for each side!!! You can't take one off the right motor and put it on the left one, it'll be on backwards and the plane will just spiral in the air!!! Lol! I ended up breaking one on my fence and swapped it out with the wrong one from another plane, I almost threw it out before I realized my mistake!!! As for where to get a new props, I got mine off an aero ace with a burnt motor. I don't know if they sell them in a store or online anywhere... If you find out let me know though!!!

Jay
Old 10-15-2006, 01:05 AM
ZXLNT

Open the Jet under the nose where the seam is at and put a dime inside with the battery. That will help with the porposing.
Old 10-15-2006, 07:44 AM
Neurotex

I don't know if they sell them in a store or online anywhere... If you find out let me know though!!!

Jay
I've been meaning to place an order from [link=http://www.bsdmicrorc.com/products.cfm?catID=10009]bsd micro[/link] but haven't gotten round to it.
If you a place to get stock AA props let us know.

Got up early this morning and caught the sunrise and some good flying.
35 degrees out but at least no wind or rain- or snow!
The jet with the single tail fin flew great. Tighter turns and even managed
a few loops out of a turn dive. Never seen the jet do that before.

The boomerang AA flew a lot better after adding a rudder to the bottom.
Notice the extreme up elevator just to keep it level. Won't loop because
of the wing design but it still does spiral dives which I can easily pull out of.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85995.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	541320  
Old 10-15-2006, 08:47 AM
monstermaker13

eh, like the single tail huh?
Old 10-15-2006, 09:22 AM
googledperson

anyone know where i can find a new jet? wannafly whered you get yours? my motor wires seperated on mine.
Old 10-15-2006, 10:54 AM
Neurotex

ORIGINAL: monstermaker13

eh, like the single tail huh?
mo bett'a!
I think they went with the small twin tails for packaging purposes- dispose of em!

anyone know where i can find a new jet? wannafly whered you get yours? my motor wires seperated on mine.
None in the local stores? Should be by Christmas.
I've noticed ebay has more & more listed every day.
Old 10-15-2006, 10:56 AM
SnitGTS

I just picked up an Aero Ace and an Aero Ace Jet at Toys R Us. They even had the Storm Launcher! Didn't go for that though... Anyone try the Storm Launcher yet? Is it any good???
Old 10-15-2006, 11:32 AM
googledperson

I have an SL and it is amazing, i would recommend 2 batteries though as flight times are relatively short 10-15mins for 2.5 hours of charge. I do not have enough pace to fly at my house but its amazing on the street, at least 25mph. i love making it hop off curbs and making little jumps for it. I can't wait until winter when i can make jumps out of snow and ice. the pontoons are protected by hard plastic on the bottom this makes it great for any surface, long gras is hard though!
Old 10-15-2006, 11:41 AM
SnitGTS

I might have to put the SL on my christmas list then!!!

On a side note, I just flew my AA in my living room/dining room/kitchen and from that flight I think it flies decent enough. I want to do the mono-wing mod but I'm having trouble getting the lower wing out. I want to be careful and not break it just in case I want to put it back in or extend the top wing or if I have to return it for some reason. In an attempt to be extra cautious, I'm going to ask a dumb question. Is the bottom wing a single piece or is it two separate pieces? Thanks in advance!

Jay
Old 10-15-2006, 11:42 AM
SnitGTS

Just noticed, mine seems to be glued in somehow, has anyone else seen this?
Old 10-15-2006, 11:46 AM
googledperson

1. the bottom wing is two pieces thats why we here people talking about attaching it to the top 2. the wings are usually held in by some soft glue 3. try pullin the back of the wing out first and then move forward from there. slowly add pressure until it starts to come out. 4. if that doesnt work put the joint under a hairdryer for about 5 mins to soften the glue.
Old 10-15-2006, 11:56 AM
SnitGTS

Thanks! For some reason I imagined it was a single wing that just passed thru the body of the plane, sort of like those old sytrofoam gliders. I thought I had broken it!!! Few!!!
Old 10-15-2006, 12:01 PM
SnitGTS

Has anyone tried attaching the lower wings to the opposite top wing? So that it gives it a slight forward sweep and a downward dihedral?
Old 10-15-2006, 12:16 PM
Djstinger

IF ANYONE NEEDS LIGHTS I HAVE 2 SETS FOR SALE AT $15 EA. INCLUDING SHIPPING.

I also have a SL , channel B and I love it. Still not as fun as my other boat , but that one doesn't fly , usually.

Fern , I must say I like the stir stik mod...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ol31602.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	541412   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ie98290.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	541413  
Old 10-15-2006, 03:30 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Wanna fly, That is the first jet I got. It had the typical a channel issues, cutting out or thready power despite controls. I don't think the a channel planes are coming back. The two new planes were only b and c, remember.

Snit, go back a page or two and you'll find a pic of what I've been calling the w mod. In this configuration the plane climbs fast and handles well, but kites easily.

Thanks, DJ. I have been dazzling with the light kit, went to a straight mono mod. The bipe was to slow, the stir stick needs to be seen more clearly. Maybe I'll hang a set 1.25" winglets on it, still fast and a bit more stable.

Tim
Old 10-15-2006, 03:37 PM
SnitGTS

Ah, I found it. Looks kinda cool but I definately don't want it to become a kite, there are many trees in my neck of the woods and I'm flying under them 90% of the time!

The wind actually calmed down a little and I took her outside to maiden her as a monowing, and she was definately a lot faster! Only problem is with my back yard, it was a little too fast and I had to go retrieve it out of my nasty neighbors yard. Luckily they weren't home. So I'm definately going to need more wing area to get my speed down a little, I'm curious to see whether people think it's best to add extension to the top wing or to put the bottom wings back on. I need something that is relatively stable, can turn well, and won't "kite". I have a feeling I'm going to end up putting the lower wings back on.

Thanks in advance!

Snit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.