Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Air Hogs Aero Ace!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 05:35 PM
ehelibuff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Air Hogs Aero Ace!

Hey, what if we guess the number, and it changes? LOL!! J/K.....
Old 05-25-2007, 05:49 PM
ehelibuff

By the way, the Hyper Hawks are on Ch: B
Old 05-25-2007, 06:11 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

It won't change. Tim I wrote it down.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:34 PM
Neurotex

ORIGINAL: FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Nuero, that is an easy change. Solder bridge from center(a) to the c solderpad. It is on the mod page, channel changing. Way cool plane.

Thanks Tim, I've been meaning to try that mod- I need to steal some time
and start getting back into this more again. More fly time too!

ummmm.... 37?
Old 05-25-2007, 07:02 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Neuro, have purchased a powerhawk/classic trainer yet? The only thing in the same class as the bipe/mini bipe. I just got one and am mightily impressed. Tim
Old 05-25-2007, 07:03 PM
ahaacobbler

#7?

I have 4 boxes of AH stuff sitting on my porch at home. I gotta go.

Cobbler
Old 05-25-2007, 07:08 PM
Garrett1234567

Are the motors and battery in the power hawk bigger thatn the AA? The TRU here is out of bipes but has 8 Hawks. Are they worth it? The bottom wing looks like its molded unlike the bipes groove.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:17 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Garrett, I wish I had purchased a couple of hawks! They are as good as, or better than, the ace. To answer your question, yes stronger motors, like the ones on the jet. The battery is the same. So far I'm the only one playing the battery game, up to a week or so ago. UH did not start carrying the upgraded batteries untill a month ago or so. The little lipos sold at US sites are $7-10 each. And those didn't come out until early this year. And had lower C rates. I flew 2 charges out of my standard hawk yesterday, and it was great.

Neuro, are you using your lipo charger for your models, or using the tx charger? Tim
Old 05-25-2007, 07:44 PM
Garrett1234567

Well i went and bought 2 since its the last day of the sale and i'm impressed. Out of the box the Power Hawk sucked, but i clipped the lower wing and added about 5 grams to the front and now its better than the AA i modded. Glad i bought it
Old 05-25-2007, 09:16 PM
Neurotex

Neuro, have purchased a powerhawk/classic trainer yet?
No, I'm waiting for the Silverlit Acrobat mini 3D with elevator control.

I still charge with the TX- I seem to spend very little money on these
planes but get quite a lot out of them.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:21 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Neuro, I have arranged for an acrobat as well, hopefully by july 1.

Any and all thinking of putting a bigger battery and lipo charging it, my planes(power hawk) performance was poor after I did the mods. This is for the hawk, Leave it alone, until the motors are not as fast. Then add the extra power. Tim

Garrett, I don't know what to think. Maybe it's the barometric pressure, everything that flies great for me flies poorly for you. Tim
Old 05-26-2007, 07:17 AM
Neurotex

Nuero, that is an easy change. Solder bridge from center(a) to the c solderpad.
Wouldn't bridging all three together (C-S2-B) combine all frame rates making
for the quickest response time?
Old 05-26-2007, 09:22 AM
Garrett1234567

I hope i qualify for your lotto tim, if i do my second guess 23
Old 05-26-2007, 09:25 AM
Ayrton S

Hi Tim!

Batto Lotto sounds cool - I'll go for number 9!

As Tim already knows there's loads of posts about new Silverlit planes and products over on the New Silverlit Plane at TRU' thread at http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_48..._5/key_/tm.htm

(I don't know how to do that URL thing ) - look at the bottom half of p5 and p6.

Cheers

Ayrton

Here's one for starters:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vs55878.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	691565  
Old 05-26-2007, 03:58 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Neuro, I did that once by accident, I never flew it though. I cleaned up the mess. I keep thinking I'll try it on the acrojet. It might confuse my tx though, it's never been used in channel a

Ayrton, I thought that was the acrobat box! My face got close to the screen, and the image zoom was immediately employed.

Tim
Old 05-26-2007, 04:51 PM
Cartwheel

The Aero Ace bipe is a blast...Spinmaster hit the nail on the head with this one. I have two, one modified and one in original trim. The mods on the one are mostly to reduce the plane's tendency to porpoise. This has to be the best off-the-shelf "toy" fixed wing yet. I also have the jet version...don't bother unless you want to yank the guts out for your own design. And I have the green high wing version of the Aero Ace, but it has been too windy to really test it. Shows promise.
Old 05-26-2007, 05:48 PM
Cards15mc

Does the Hyper Hawk fly good out of the box or does it need mods? I fso can I get them?
Old 05-26-2007, 05:55 PM
Cards15mc

Does anyone have a video of the hyper hawk?
Old 05-26-2007, 06:36 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Garret your good for the lotto as is Steve.

Cards, I really liked the hawk out of the box.

Tim
Old 05-26-2007, 06:53 PM
ehelibuff

Well, mine flies perfect out of the box! I haven't done anything, and it's smooth, stable, turns in a 2-3ft radius, and climbs out very steep! I think this is better than the green/white monoplane, and acro-jet canard! The canard I have flies incredible too! My mono didn't need any trimming either. Maybe i'm lucky, I dunno... But I know i'm very pleased!

what I did was use a sharpie and write on the bottom of each TX Bipe,Acro,Heli,Mono. A few of them are on the same freq. But that way I know which is what without guessing.

Since yesturday, i've been flying the living crap out of my hyper hawk! I'm going to add wheels to it.

I didn't put the stickers on mine.. looked lame to me, and just weight..

Eric
Old 05-26-2007, 07:03 PM
darticus

Is this a different plane than the Power Hawk, that has 3 propellers? If its different, did anyone fly the Power Hawk, any good?
Old 05-26-2007, 08:23 PM
Garrett1234567

Daricus, i got the Power Hawk with 3 props, the front one is a dummy prop with no motor, just there for wieght i think. Mine porpused way to much out of the box but manuvered pretty well. It has faster motors than the Aero Ace bipe. I took the dummy prop off, added around 5g to the front, clipped the lower wing and added landing gear. Now its a bullet, it turns pretty quik and climbs fast, i can have it straight above me and run out of range in no time. I recomend it highly, i like it better than my aa bipe. my mem stick on my cammera quit working so i cant take pics but ill trie to post some soon.
Old 05-26-2007, 09:04 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Ron, the hawk is great.

flight report on my upgraded hawk. First off, I found some glue hair on the prop shaft. That caused my funky flights yesterday. I was flying today in variable winds, and good had results. I then brought out the ribbons that I utilized on the bipes. First up was the shorter silk ribbon, as with the bipe it kept the plane from kiting so much, and provided for controllable flight through out the test session. The last test was with the long silk ribbon, to much drag. I usually used the long ribbon on the half lower wing mods. This plane, like most of the silverlit line, will porpoise if you try to overspeed it, but with throttle finesse this thing is the best plane yet from silverlit via spinmaster/airhogs. I tend to fly minearound the 3rd stop initially then as the battery wears out I up the ante. I think I should be able to perform the same aerobatics with this plane as a bipe, that i can do with the mono-mod w/ single stir stick.

Tim
Old 05-26-2007, 11:10 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Flight report#3 on the hawk, at dusk I was tooling around easily. We're having a big get together and someone I don't know wants to fly the plane, I hesitated then thought that a first time flyer with the hawk would prove to be a great proving point. He got several 30 second flights, showing that the basic design is perfect, and that a newbie can fly one. This was on a near full charge. The new pilot was cautious in his throttle use, and I would have put more throttle in during his crashes. Overall, the hawk is perhaps the best of the silverlit line of products. It engages both the new guy and the veteran flyer, the kids love it and it's nearly bulletproof as far as flight goes. And unfortunate landings.

Tim
Old 05-27-2007, 11:03 AM
steve_a_reno

My son just got a Air hogs "Rush" Very heavy and test toss showed it to be nose heavy. Cutting some elevators in the stabalizer did not help. Took it out for a test flight and it pulls left no matter what I do and lands hard. I pretty much had to fly with full right rudder to keep it straight. I did manage to get it to climb and with just straight and left turns looks like this could be a fun flyer. Good speed and climb. Anyone do any mods on this that might help?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.