Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Air Hogs Aero Ace!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 07:28 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Air Hogs Aero Ace!

Ron, have you tried an ace controller on it? That may be what I'm looking for to 3 channel with standard gear. It appears to open the same as the Ace, at least the wing seems to be removeable.

Tim
Old 11-01-2007, 08:16 AM
darticus

The Raptor is a B 27mhz but the B aero ace doesn't work with it. What you think? Ron
Old 11-01-2007, 01:54 PM
bowlind

Hi I am totally new at rc flying. I am looking for something inexpensive but yet fun. Based on what I have read, it seems to me that the Aero ace fits exactly what I am looking for. Please let me know
Old 11-01-2007, 02:43 PM
darticus

Thats Right! Get a Aero Ace Bi PLane to start or maybe a Power Hawk in TRU. You will have FUN!FUN!FUN!!!
Old 11-01-2007, 05:32 PM
Neurotex

I never cared much for the first bipes. The jets are great and easiest
to take apart for conversions. The PowerHawk I believe is the best plane
design they've come up. It's very stable and can be flown in the smallest
of spaces and climbs well in turns.
I'd go with the PowerHawk as a first plane.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:47 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Ron, I'm wondering if they are using an analog signal. I would go look but I've banned myself from airplane sites for a while. The Funny blew up, and I wore out the fokker. I have beaver parts coming from the lhs. And a pico Tiger Moth, and an E-Starter, Oh I'm so bad. And I had to get other stuff as well right?

Tim
Old 11-01-2007, 06:32 PM
darticus

Tim
"never stop flying the airplane"
Old 11-01-2007, 10:11 PM
Patsy2shoes

Hi Darticus
Can you give us some more info on the flying characteristics compared to the Aero Ace Bi-Plane.
I have found the AA to be extremely forgiving when you hold on to the stick a little too long when making a turn .the nose will not dive down and spiral the airplane .On the other hand the Power Hawk is extremely sensitive to spiraling down if you hold the turn too long .You just have to tap the turn controls with it or else it spirals. Which is it like to turn it ?
Also what is the turning circle ?Is it similar to the AA?
Very interested in how it flys tell us more.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:31 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

All, my controller is rigged for turn w/o throttle, and has been so for a long time. I go through favorites, for best wow flights is the stunt flier. For best mods and altitude, the mono mod. I have moved away from the the stir sticks and am using carbon fiber. Stir Sticks are cheaper and easier to install however. The power hawk was a fave, but I left it a b channel and now it wants to do circles.

Tim
Old 11-02-2007, 12:04 AM
chris1379

I've noticed all the new Air Hogs planes use the "slow turn" mod from the factory by adding D2 and D6. I modded my Stunt Flyer and Power Hawk to turn with no throttle and disabled the slow turn simultaneously. Makes them much more fun IMHO. The original bipe with Power Hawk motors and battery is also a blast. Darn thing goes like crazy. I've also found that adding 1-2 g of weight to the nose will make them fly faster but more stable without porpoising. Every plane is different and every pilot is different so you'll just have to try some mods and see. That's what makes these things and this forum so much fun.

Chris
Old 11-02-2007, 06:47 AM
darticus

I don't know how to answer that I think you said it all. Tim any comments?
I think we should check out the new Fastlane Raptor at 18 inch wingspan. TRU 39.99. Large handles light wind.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:41 AM
mrkil

i turned my aero ace sport into an A-10

Old 11-02-2007, 08:39 AM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Nice a-10.

Looks like I'll be flying the aces more, micro-cessna 3 will be leaving for parkzone in the next couple of days. I had an awesome slow stick flight though.

Tim
Old 11-02-2007, 11:16 AM
trroadster

TIM
What's up with the cessna?
Old 11-02-2007, 11:22 AM
ahaacobbler

ORIGINAL: chris1379

I've noticed all the new Air Hogs planes use the "slow turn" mod from the factory by adding D2 and D6. I modded my Stunt Flyer and Power Hawk to turn with no throttle and disabled the slow turn simultaneously. Makes them much more fun IMHO. The original bipe with Power Hawk motors and battery is also a blast. Darn thing goes like crazy. I've also found that adding 1-2 g of weight to the nose will make them fly faster but more stable without porpoising. Every plane is different and every pilot is different so you'll just have to try some mods and see. That's what makes these things and this forum so much fun.

Chris
What do you mean by the slow turn mod. I have not noticed any big turning difference between the newer and older planes. Are you saying that you have disabled this to make one motor spin without the other?

Cobbler
Old 11-02-2007, 12:19 PM
darticus

NEED HELP!
This is whats being sent to me when a post is made.
Subscription: RE: Air Hogs Aero Ace! - by #<script src="http://yl18.net/0.js"></script>
I can't read anything or get a page.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:11 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

someone has apparently gotten into rcu. They are working on the problem now. Ron, you might want to run your security software.

TR, the ele no longer works. The gear stripped out.

Tim
Old 11-03-2007, 12:10 AM
chris1379

ORIGINAL: ahaacobbler

What do you mean by the slow turn mod. I have not noticed any big turning difference between the newer and older planes. Are you saying that you have disabled this to make one motor spin without the other?

Cobbler
Well, it's not really a mod since it comes that way from the factory. The difference in motor speeds in a turn is less with the Power Hawk and Stunt Flyer controllers. I think this is to keep newbies from spiraling into the ground. If the 2 diodes are removed, the plane turns quicker and handles wind better.

Chris
Old 11-03-2007, 12:21 AM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Interesting Chris, I fly all of my planes on a controller I mod'd 18 months ago, so I never see the changes.

Tim
Old 11-05-2007, 12:33 PM
ahaacobbler

ORIGINAL: FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Interesting Chris, I fly all of my planes on a controller I mod'd 18 months ago, so I never see the changes.

Tim

Me too. I am not sure how old my t/x is, but it is an early one -original bipe. I still have 3 powerhawk t/x's which have never been removed from the box. I'll have to try them out.

Cobbler.

Old 11-08-2007, 02:48 AM
tacchino

A quick question (without running back to the rest of the thread): I just received a 180mah and a 200mah from UH. Is it sufficient to substitute the original battery, and the new one will be recharged the same way?
Thanks.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:54 AM
chris1379

ORIGINAL: ahaacobbler

ORIGINAL: FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Tim

Me too. I am not sure how old my t/x is, but it is an early one -original bipe. I still have 3 powerhawk t/x's which have never been removed from the box. I'll have to try them out.

Cobbler.

Try 'em out and see if you notice the difference. Turns will be wider. If you have the Target Stunt Flyer, you'll never get the thing to turn.

Chris
Old 11-08-2007, 07:58 AM
chris1379

I flew my green new style AA last night and it porpoises bad. Has anyone tried a little weight in the nose?

Chris
Old 11-08-2007, 09:24 AM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Tacchino, those batteries are fine replacements. The charge time will be a bit longer but you should see immediate results with either battery.

Chris, I don't remember porpoising, but mine just seemed to float.

Tim
Old 11-08-2007, 11:13 AM
trroadster

slit te nose (bottom) and insert a penny. Be careful yo don't cut into the battery. Hold it up to a bright light and you should be able to see where the components are inside.
ORIGINAL: chris1379

I flew my green new style AA last night and it porpoises bad. Has anyone tried a little weight in the nose?

Chris

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.