Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Air Hogs Aero Ace!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2005, 07:13 PM
Tommyr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Hogs Aero Ace!

Hello everyone. I bought one of these today and just a half hour ago flew it in my 1/8th acre backyard....GET THIS PLANE!!! It is a true backyard flyer! I got it at Toy's 'R Us, $30.00. Worth it. Now I bought a Slo-V and Firebird Scout in the past 2 weeks, my first RC planes but have not had the chance to fly them yet so this Aero Ace is actually my first RC flight and it is a BLAST! Took me about a half hour or so to figure out how to fly it but I can't wait for tomorrow to fly some more!

It's RTF, all you need to do (if you want to) is put on the decals and charge the plane. The TX takes 6 AA's and the plane has a Lithium in it.

Flys for about 10-15 minutes per charge depending on throttle use.

A VERY light toss sends it on it's way.

GET IT! You'll LOVE IT!

Tom

Old 09-18-2005, 07:57 AM
sparkling_fist

Default RE: Air Hogs Aero Ace!

wanna post a pic of it?
i cant find it on the web
Old 09-18-2005, 08:08 PM
snooptalian
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: sparkling_fist

wanna post a pic of it?
http://www.airhogs.com/airhogs/aeroace.html

Old 09-19-2005, 08:12 PM
Tommyr

wanna post a pic of it?

Go to my web site and then to "My misc. images" page. I have 2 photos of it there.

http://home.hvc.rr.com/kb2sms/

Today was day 3 with the plane (7 charge cycles so far) and I'm having a BLAST with this little plane! I can now fly it for 3-5 minutes at a time before it finds my clothsline or ham wire antenna.
I flew 3 flight today, I got it down now!

Old 10-04-2005, 12:31 AM
kernelsandirs

Anyone know of an online source to buy one of these, I called Toys R Us and asked if they had it, they never heard of it, I gave them a stock number posted in another thread and still no luck, guess their computers are not tied together. Anyway I looked around a bit but still no luck.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:28 AM
Tommyr

ORIGINAL: kernelsandirs

Anyone know of an online source to buy one of these, I called Toys R Us and asked if they had it, they never heard of it, I gave them a stock number posted in another thread and still no luck, guess their computers are not tied together. Anyway I looked around a bit but still no luck.

Do not count on the Toys R Us people to know anything, go to the store and look for it yourself, most of those people are clueless. Check the store personally from time to time. When I bought my first one it wasn't even in their scanning datebase yet.

I know of no online place to get them yet.

Tom
Old 10-04-2005, 09:14 AM
MUSIC PUBLISHER

tom..hows your range on yours??..mine wasnt great..so I lengthened the antenna to 50cms...now it goes as far as I hoped it would while still maintaing control....I bought a 1s-220 mah lipo to put in it..should be here this week..it weighs about 1.2 grams more then the stk lipo..but I think the plane will handle the weight easily..as I will place the new lipo more forward a bit..to make it a bit nose heavy..which will allow the nose weight to be taken off..I also took off my bottom wing..so now its a single wing..flys great this way...
Old 10-04-2005, 11:13 AM
Tommyr

ORIGINAL: MUSIC PUBLISHER

tom..hows your range on yours??..mine wasnt great..so I lengthened the antenna to 50cms...now it goes as far as I hoped it would while still maintaing control....I bought a 1s-220 mah lipo to put in it..should be here this week..it weighs about 1.2 grams more then the stk lipo..but I think the plane will handle the weight easily..as I will place the new lipo more forward a bit..to make it a bit nose heavy..which will allow the nose weight to be taken off..I also took off my bottom wing..so now its a single wing..flys great this way...

Well so far about 40-60 feet or so. I did have it not respond a few times around 40-50 feet or so but it may have been due to the TX antenna pointing right at the the plane instead of broadside to the plane. I believe that makes a difference. I have not done any mods to mine and don't really care to. I may do the spring removal mod to the throttle stick though.

Tom
Old 10-06-2005, 04:30 PM
sparkling_fist

ah thats nice... for $30
Old 10-06-2005, 04:45 PM
Tommyr

ah thats nice... for $30

The Aero Ace is worth every penny!

I bought and received yesterday the FlyZone Micro Ultrix Biplane. After 2 days with the plane I am not very happy with it. The wing material is VERY, VERY fragile and it really lacks power. Also there are no throttle steps, the props are either on full or off. I don't no how good or bad the single wing version is but if it's anything like this....

I'll keep trying to fly the thing but....

Tom

Old 10-06-2005, 05:06 PM
sparkling_fist

well any1 sees one of these on the web please post
Old 10-06-2005, 05:59 PM
Tommyr

well any1 sees one of these on the web please post

You mean the one I mentioned? If so:

http://www.flyzoneplanes.com/airplanes/hcaa1993.html

Available at:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXJJC6&P=ML

I may order the single wing version next:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGPD8&P=M

Tom
Old 10-06-2005, 07:26 PM
sparkling_fist

i was actully asking for the areo ace not the ultrix
Old 10-07-2005, 03:15 PM
Odawgg

Hey Guys,

A little info about the Aero Ace. 2 of my coworkers and myself have purchased a few of the air hogs products to fly in our warehouse in Houston. We love these things. However being engineers we have made a "few" modifications to them to make them do a little better. These planes have been flown hard and in the week we have had them, they EASILY have 3-5 hours of total flight time. Which is alot. We have a B/C channel planes. We are looking for the A channel so our 3rd coworker can fly his own. So any info on buying them online, would help alot. I hope this pics help. However modify at your own risk!!

These mods have helped speed/stablity/and climbablity! They also make it a legit R/C plane and not as much a kids toy.

something that may be hard to see are the adjustments to the elevators. On the blue plane (mine! it rox) the elevators have to be DOWN to climb and fly well, however with the red, they have to be UP to fly right. Crazy!

Also our engines like to lose grip with the wing. We correct this problem by pushing them back in there

Old 10-07-2005, 03:47 PM
MUSIC PUBLISHER

I aslo took off the bottom wing..you may want to sand down all the xtra epp foam where the bottom wing was mounted...as its not needed..and will decrease the weight of the plane a bit if you sand it down flush...I ordered a 240 mah -1s lipo for mine..gonna see if it will fly with it..its about 1.1 grams heavieer then the stk lipo...
Old 10-07-2005, 05:03 PM
Tommyr

ORIGINAL: MUSIC PUBLISHER

I aslo took off the bottom wing..you may want to sand down all the xtra epp foam where the bottom wing was mounted...as its not needed..and will decrease the weight of the plane a bit if you sand it down flush...I ordered a 240 mah -1s lipo for mine..gonna see if it will fly with it..its about 1.1 grams heavieer then the stk lipo...

Excellent! I may cut the bottom wing off of one of my 2 eventually! Nice job! Let us know how they fly, video or photos if possible!

Tom
Old 10-07-2005, 05:27 PM
MUSIC PUBLISHER

actually they jus pull out..they are stuck on with strong sticky tape..slowly pull 1 side and it will come off the fuselage..single wing flys much better..then yiu can sand down that whole area on both sides of fusealge...with a 240 mah -1s lipo..I should easily get 20 minutes flight..if you arent happy with your range..increase the antenna with some magnet wire..stk antenna is around 15c.ms...cut one that is 60cms...and you will have all the range you need..just loop it thru the rear boom 3 times..
Old 10-07-2005, 05:30 PM
MUSIC PUBLISHER

I actually have the red plane..and my elevators had to go down..im hoping with the slightly heavier 240 lipo..the plane will now climb out on the 2-3rd throttle setting...allowing me to descend the plane on the 1st setting under full control...as it is now..the 1st throttel setting with stk battery..she wont stop climbing
Old 10-08-2005, 10:38 AM
Odawgg

lol, elevators down. Makes no aerospace logic. But my plane is the same. Down makes it go.

We are now having the same climbing issues. We however like it to climb fast. We are in a Warehouse with 30 foot roof and is about 65 foot square. There are a lot of obsticles to fly around/though so its really hard.

We are VERY interested in the battery up grade. Any specs or info on this would be great.

Also we are still trying to find where you can buy these online. Toys R Us' arent that reliable.
Old 10-08-2005, 11:08 AM
MUSIC PUBLISHER

dont buy the 240 mah lipo yet//..I ordered 2 of them..and if they work..I will let ya know...although its only 1.1 grams heavier..it may be to much weight...but I doubt it...I think its gonna fly nicely with at least 20 minutes of flying time..
Old 10-10-2005, 10:57 AM
RussF
My Feedback: (4)

I just picked one up at TRU. This thing is a blast right out of the box. I took on a Scout Camp this weekend and all the boys had a chance to fly it. Very easy for all of them to get the hang of it in just about 30 seconds. I found that if you keep it in the air it will run for over 10 minutes. I didnt time it but I would guess mine ran for about 15+ minutes. I have made no adjustments to trim it yet and it is a little unstabe and porpoises a lttle. But still very controllable. I highly suggest one to anybody. If you buy it at TRU you can get the extended warranty for $5 and they will replace or refund if anything goes wrong for up to a year. Keep an eye out for thier adds and you can usually get $5 off any pruchase over $25. Get one they're fun!
Old 10-10-2005, 08:58 PM
bpaviator
My Feedback: (49)

Tom,

I just got one for my 7 yr old son and he is absolutely crazy about it. However, one of the engines quit working. Do you know what size these engines are or where I can get another engine for it?? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Virgil
Old 10-11-2005, 08:48 AM
Odawgg

BP,

Id take the ********** right back to TRU. They are fairly easy going and all you want is an exchange.

Its worth a try I believe.

Edited for language.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:22 AM
RussF
My Feedback: (4)

Ya and while your at it pay em $5 for the extended warranty. It will come in handy I'm sure.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:38 PM
RaceCity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK...just talked my wife into buying me one of these..."But dear...I NEED this....please?"

Flies great! I've been outside tonight flying it using the porch light as the only means of seeing it!

If it doesn't wind up on the roof....it's a keeper!

'Race

FWIW: Toys 'R Us here in the Charlotte area had a bunch of the Aero Ace models. $29.99

Ba-da-bing....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.