Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Air Hogs Aero Ace!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 05:44 PM
McNeil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Air Hogs Aero Ace!

I actully think that might make the jet fly better (at laest for a short and exciting moment).
Old 07-01-2006, 05:50 PM
GTX SlotCar

ORIGINAL: McNeil
.... A picture up close of the microprocesser (if you have one out) as well as a description would be a great help....
There is a picture 4 or 5 pages back. Just go through this thread backward and you'll see it. It's just what you need.
Old 07-01-2006, 05:58 PM
Neurotex

Old 07-01-2006, 06:08 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

I can try to send a High res photo if you want. It's from an '05, but it's sitting in front of me.
Old 07-01-2006, 06:09 PM
Neurotex

ORIGINAL: monstermaker13

awww, i was gonna do that with my jet!
i was also gonna tape some firecrackers to my aa and light them at once and fly around!
Some missile fun 4 the 4th!

I wonder if the AA guts would.... nah! Never mind-

I tried scanning the rx but that's the best I can get.
With my bad eyes, a magnifying glass and a tiny soldering stick I doubt
I could solder something that tiny....
Old 07-01-2006, 06:13 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Wecky, There is no wind to tough to tame, o.k. there is such an animal. When the is really bad here in Humboldt ca, on the coast, I tie a ribbon about three feet long to the tail boom. This allows me to fly but adds enough drag to keep the wind from flying it away.

Did any of you read the Aussies tale of getting stuck.... in the air?
Old 07-01-2006, 06:31 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

to any that are interested. Here are four pix at high res of the airplanes guts. I shot them on 2 different settings. If you want, need, or desire pic's of the other side let me know. Tim
Old 07-01-2006, 06:37 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

sorry, I forgot you can't attach pic's to fast reply. I'm trying again. Tim
Old 07-01-2006, 06:49 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

attempt 6. tim For whatever reason I am unable to upload these pic's. I try and the upload goes 3/4 of the way and crashes. Why? Tim
Old 07-01-2006, 07:02 PM
McNeil

Thanks for the pics of the AA guts guys. Unfortunatly they seem to have changed something. I went back to page 59 (the same wiring as your pic Neurotex) but when i touch the black lead to the yellow (where the 05 had the blue other motor lead) the motor with the off lead just runs constently -which is where I thought it should have been attached but found the running in earlier effots. So I guess i have to hope someone has the newer version and a different attachment point. I hope you can get the pics up Tim and that your wiring colors match mine. I won't have any great trouble with the soldering. I have a good magnifying head set and a pretty fine soldering iron.
Old 07-01-2006, 08:17 PM
GTX SlotCar

ORIGINAL: FERNDALE AIR FORCE

sorry, I forgot you can't attach pic's to fast reply. I'm trying again. Tim
Is your file size too large?
Old 07-01-2006, 11:07 PM
coolbean

Hey guys I just piced up an AA tonight at Target. It was bundled in with an air hogs e-charger and set on clearance for $17.99!!!
Anyway. I can't get it to fly level. As soon as it gets some speed it wants to go straight up. so it stalls and we repeat again. Seems like it is tail heavy so I put the 3 pieces of aluminum tape they give you on the nose, it didn't help. i tried moving the elevator flaps down and they seemed to help a bit, but it still wants to nose up. Where do you guys have the CG on your AAs?
Old 07-01-2006, 11:30 PM
sillyxone

coolbean, I moved the battery to the front for 5 AA since it makes huge differences in flying level, but be carefull because the wires from Rx to motors could get disconnected, which require re-soldering (happen to me once)

5 out of our 5 AA's, the left motor (tail facing me) always fell off after a few flights. Thanks to sb pointed out about the glue, I used Elmer all-purpose glue, which is 20 cents at Target, to stick it back and it never fell off again (next time it will fall off with a piece of foam). That saved me about $10 since I thought about CA glue at the Hobby Zone store near my house at first.

Thanks to flying the AA, now I can throw my flip-flops at 90% accuracy. Also, the lower wings are now detach-able, take them off at the park, put them on in my backyard.

btw, I have only 1 AA, the other fours are my relatives' but I do the modding for them all.
Old 07-01-2006, 11:37 PM
McNeil

Welcome Coolbean - If you look back to early parts of this thread you will see that that is a regular problem. Some AAs will fly ok if you use REALLY light amounts of throtlte (my latest one is the onlyone that flys great without having to weight the nose). Some will require some nose weight to keep them from "porpousing". Start with a thumtack or smallish nail (not too long or you will penitrate the microprocesser and that will be alll she wrote - don't ask how i know!! ) in the nose and see if that's enough. Add a second one if you feel you need more. Keep the elevator at nutral while you are doing this. If you still feel you have too much nose up try the tacks and a little down elevator (but usually you won't need it). Let us know how it goes. (the silver tabs are to use on the elevator and ruddr. You stick them on the bottom of both sode of the elevator and they hold them up or down. On one side of the rudder it holds it to either side you set it if the trim knob is not enough. Note that weight will slow it down and you will have to use more power so use as little as you can get away with and go light on throttle speed.

Motors falling off is an issue. I use double face tape and can adjust the motor angle if the thing doesn't fly streight.
Old 07-01-2006, 11:54 PM
dzydvl

i have 2 aa's that i have flown for awhile now. they have both developed the same problem. i cant get them to charge i put fresh batteries in the controls and if i wiggle the plug and play with it it might charge but even then it is not giving a full charge.
does any body know how to fix this? or is it time for new ones.

also anybody know any thing about the air hogs sky winder found one at the local toy store but cant find much info on them

thanks
dizzy
Old 07-02-2006, 12:40 AM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

dz, I had that problem for a while. First question, are you flying out the battery enough? If you don't fly enough and are topping off the battery it won't charge well. My test for chececking the charge is: holding the upper wind loosely on the center of the outside edge, if at full power it can climb over 45 degrees, it does not need a charge. It may get smacked down by the wind, but still not need a charge.

second question, are you putting the chargeing wirre away everytime you fly, or flying with it loose? I found that I was pinching the wire when flying with it loose.

Also, if the batteries read less than 1.35v or so each they don't charge well. Under that voltage you really have to fly the planes battery down. I know that those of you that are using NiMHs are going to disagree.

If you hit the charge probe with a multimeter you should get 7.4v with fresh batteries and degrading from there. I think I posted peak mA a while back. I'm afraid I don't remember it off the top of my head.
Old 07-02-2006, 12:51 AM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

GTX my file sizes are not to large. I'm trying again. Tim I'm getting error 500. I'll try once again. Best looking pic only. 709kb. Error 500 again. Why? I'll downgrade the pics one notch and try again. Tim
Old 07-02-2006, 01:01 AM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

mid level pic. error 500 again. Perhaps a filter to exclude these pic's?
Old 07-02-2006, 01:04 AM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

one last try.[img][/img][img][/img][img][/img][img][/img] error 500. If anyone wants these let me know. Tim
Old 07-02-2006, 01:10 AM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

My latest models, and a test.[img][/img] I can't pay to get a pic up. freudian slip? Enjoy your week end Tim
Old 07-02-2006, 06:13 AM
WECKY

Thanks,I'm just very protective of my little Air Force,I let my nieghbor fly an old AA down at the high school.It got caught up in the wind and flew about 400 yards right over the higjh school.I thougt it was gone,lost on top,but no it made it over and into the parking lot on the other side.I will try the ribbon just for the fun of it,thanks.
Old 07-02-2006, 06:43 AM
WECKY

McNiel,Ready to Fly Fun is a great company.The T-Hawk is a good, tough great flying,soaring,gliding plane.I recommend it to anyone who has'nt already taken the next step.But this is about AAs and how they are opening up RC flying to everyone.I hope they upgrade this model with some better electronics and frequencies,then I can buy 4 more
Old 07-02-2006, 01:12 PM
dzydvl

still having charging problems ran batteries all the way down put on charger the charge lite came on right away but only stayed on for 1 or 2 min and teh plane will run for about 30 - 45 secs. any ideas both planes are about 3 month old. is it time to get new planes or im i missing something i got fresh batteries in tx's and cleaned charging contacts

p.s. has anybody flown the skywinder from air hogs or know of a thread on them.

thanks
dizzy
Old 07-02-2006, 02:50 PM
BackyardFlyer

McNeil,
The Same Exact thing what you have has happened to me! The problem is I'm no electronics master and I cant solder and I dont know anyone who can.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:52 PM
BackyardFlyer

oh and sorry that was from page 64

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.