Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Air Hogs Aero Ace!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 04:02 PM
andrewtexas123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Air Hogs Aero Ace!

Great place for micro airplane stuff...

http://www.airmidimicros.com/index.htm

Any one know where i can gat a soarer online?
Old 03-29-2007, 04:59 PM
trroadster

Lets try a new browser.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu62201.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	652509   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa86992.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	652510  
Old 03-29-2007, 05:04 PM
ahaacobbler

One of my favorite things abou this site is that I have learned about and been able to take advantage of several clearances and sale prices on the AA or closely related products.

After reading shining reviews from this board, I just placed my order for the mini XPV from TRU.com. They have it on sale for $22. With the $10 google checkout for new customers, the total is less than $18 with shipping.

Just thought I would let you all know. Let's all keep eachother posted on oportunities to add to the hanger. I am, of course, always looking for a good reason to add another to my AA collection. The AA is is also the fallback gift whenever I need to give something.

Cobbler
Old 03-29-2007, 05:26 PM
trroadster

Got a URL?
Old 03-29-2007, 06:57 PM
darticus

I guess this is the mini xpv that I see.It sells for $21.99. How do you get a google discount? How do you get it shipped that cheap?I want one.Ron
Old 03-29-2007, 08:58 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Djstinger, is your mono/jet set up for single or double stir stick? I flew mine again today and with the mono and the motors moved out, it needs a bit of support. The other option I'm considering is making into a bipe , that could be interesting.

Micro, have you heard or read of anyone wearing out the controller? All of my repaired planes have a serious right hook.

All, I'm going to order some batteries for the aces, and maybe a couple for the gyrotors. I'm also going to order some bigger batteries for the aces, 150 mah. I've asked for interest and only Andrew responded so I don't know how many of the bigger batteries I'll buy. Tim

OK, I checked for batteries. Thes are hot batteries. the discharge is 12-20 c. Factory batteries are 10-15 c. the bigger batteries are only 135 mah but the discharge rate is amazing. Tim
Old 03-30-2007, 08:13 AM
Djstinger

TO ALL, Yesterday I found the Air Hogs " Aeroaoar " at TRU, well I actually found 2 NEW planes Here are some pictures of Air Hogs New TRU exclusive the " Power Hawk ". It has a faux prop on the nose, WHY I do not know, weight maybe.

Fern, The MXPV has a 135 mha and has great power, it takes about 35 min. to charge. I do not have stir sticks on my 2nd Mono w/lights. My 1st one with Jet guts is the same one you gave me a motor for a while back, I still haven't fixed it.

I have uploaded a video on you tube but the quality is horrible way darker than my original video.
[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrXNCu2Q1P8[/link]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11154.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	652884   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56004.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	652885   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91066.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	652886   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40472.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	652887  
Old 03-30-2007, 10:11 AM
andrewtexas123

Tim,

Will the batts come with connectors?
Old 03-30-2007, 11:27 AM
ahaacobbler

ORIGINAL: darticus

I guess this is the mini xpv that I see.It sells for $21.99. How do you get a google discount? How do you get it shipped that cheap?I want one.Ron

Yes, that is right. you get the discount if you click pay with Google Checkout at the bottom of the shopping cart page. The discount is only for those who have not used google checkout before. You just enter your credit card number just like you would if you were dealing directly with TRU, then the cost is recalculated with the discount and you get to confirm at that point. The discount is instant, not a refund.

I wonder if another credit card and another email address makes me another new customer. I was ready to get the Havoc for the same < $18 with shipping after the google discount a couple of weeks ago when they were on sale. Unfortunately, they were out of stock, so I could't take advatage of the oportunity.

Old 03-30-2007, 12:19 PM
Djstinger

Thanks for heads up on the TRU deat on the MXPV I just ordered my 2nd one shipped for $19.64.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:22 PM
darticus

I ordered mine also! Ron
Old 03-31-2007, 06:59 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Sorry Andrew, I missed your question. No the batteries do not come with leads. What you have to do is "tin" the connections. That means you put a nice pool of solder on the connection. Then you reheat the pool and put your wire in the hot solder. When it cools your wire is soldered on. Are you unable to solder? If you are interested, but need help let me know. I have the order wish listed right now, because there is little interest shown. I can place it anytime. Tim

For those of you thinking of the lipo charger switch over. I might try something tonight that would eliminate the micro deans connector. It could also eliminate the ability to charge the battery normally. It could also potentially burn the board. No actual batteries wil be installed initially. Tim
Old 03-31-2007, 07:18 PM
Parky50

ORIGINAL: FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Sorry Andrew, I missed your question. No the batteries do not come with leads. What you have to do is "tin" the connections. That means you put a nice pool of solder on the connection. Then you reheat the pool and put your wire in the hot solder. When it cools your wire is soldered on. Are you unable to solder? If you are interested, but need help let me know. I have the order wish listed right now, because there is little interest shown. I can place it anytime. Tim

For those of you thinking of the lipo charger switch over. I might try something tonight that would eliminate the micro deans connector. It could also eliminate the ability to charge the battery normally. It could also potentially burn the board. No actual batteries wil be installed initially. Tim
Good luck on your test Tim !!!
Anxious to hear the results...
Old 03-31-2007, 10:17 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Thanks Parky The testing will start soon.

For those of you wondering about what gives up first, the motor or the battery. I have an answer. The motors do lose power/effiency. That can in some manner be alleviated with the use of teflon oils. The battery gives up first overall. I stuck a new battery into an older plane that flies well, and the motors spun up as if they were new. I actually managed to crash the plane into the roof. The battery is more important than the motor.

For you new guys, if I crash, It tends to be unrecoverable. Off in the woods. But, I will test the charge thing. Tim
Old 04-01-2007, 12:42 PM
micro_builder
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Micro, have you heard or read of anyone wearing out the controller? All of my repaired planes have a serious right hook.

OK, I checked for batteries. Thes are hot batteries. the discharge is 12-20 c. Factory batteries are 10-15 c. the bigger batteries are only 135 mah but the discharge rate is amazing. Tim
hi Tim,
i wore out my original X-Twin TX throttle. the copper slide on the stick wore a groove into the copper on the PCB, at first i would just lose throttle sometimes, but eventually i had no throttle at all. after taking it apart i found the problem, there was also what looked like a little black grease on the slide too. after taking it apart and cleaning it all up, it started working again just fine, only to be broken later by me and a soldering iron

what brand of batteries are these that you've got? full rivers 10-15C rate is still considered pretty good. 12-20C is great. they dont happen to make 10mah or 20mah cells do they?

nick
Old 04-01-2007, 02:55 PM
Rdy12

YESSSS!!! I FINALLY got my new Ace, and I'm lovin' it!!! My old one sorta...died, so after 5 months without one, I finally cracked and spent $30 at target. It's channel C, red and black, and I have 2 friends, both with jets on A and B. We're gonna have a big dogfight in the next gym that we can find, but for now I'm planning out how I can hit another plane without knocking myself down. I'm surprised at the glide performance; I had totally forgotten everything about this plane. Does anyone here know how to do a loop with this thing? Simply stall ( with the bipe/mono), cut throttle, dive, and go full throttle. You'll go into an extremely versatile stall, at least when "versatile" means you can roll, loop, wingover, noseover, backflip, or, as insane as it sounds, go into a short KNIFE-EDGE SLIDE!!!!! Don't know how I figured that one out, but it works.
Old 04-01-2007, 03:32 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Nick, I'm getting them from united hobbies. Hextronics. The last round of batteries was 10-15c. And I'm charging with a lipo charger. I just checked uh does not have smaller lipos than 100Mah. Much fun Tim

Rdy, have you figured out the backwards circle? You put the plane into the stall and keep flying it instead of stalling you put it back into the bank. If you do it right the loop will be at about 45 degrees and will end up moving backwards while you are flying forward. I do this with the mono/single stir stick. Tim
Old 04-01-2007, 04:19 PM
MegaByte-2

Sorry for the late reply. I've been working on sub 3gm planes.

You can remove the M7 diode and then put a jumper across the pads.
It will use any charger then except the AA ( It needs it) through the AA's charge port.
When the M7 is removed it will kill the Rx if connected backwards. The M7 prevents damage on connecting the charger backwards and the AA charger is expecting to see it or it won't charge.
Its an anti reversing feature in case you manage to get the plug on backwards.
Most chargers need to see the battery directly and the M7 prevents this.
So, just make sure you check and mark the polarity right or kiss the Rx bye bye.............non repairable.
I remove it on all mine since I use a separate charger.
While you are in there, remove the big capacitor, it was made for a wall charger and does nothing but make it heavier. Do NOT jump those 2 pads!!!!!!! Just remove the cap.
It filters any residual AC from a wall pack. It looks like they intended to use one at some time and never did.
DC chargers don't need it in there.

Tony
ARS Software & Innovative Solutions
http://www.falcon1.net/~ars/rcmodels.html
Old 04-01-2007, 05:09 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Tony, I'm thinking of jumping the ground post directly to the battery. The thought is being able to charge both from the remote and from my big charger. Is that feasable? Also, would hot glue be a good insulator on the cap connections?

Tim

OK, I ordered the batteries. A dozen of the 100 mah and 6 of the 135 mah batteries, these are 12-20c batteries. I'll let you know when they come in. It will be a week or so as they are coming from Hong Kong.

For those of you that fly the bigger planes, I ordered my first brushless motor and esc for less than $20. [8D][8D]

Tim

I just ordered a couple of motors from bsd, has anyone used these? didel 6mm. Tim
Old 04-01-2007, 09:21 PM
MegaByte-2

Tim,

The AA switch disconnects the - lipo.
If you want to put a second charge plug using a charger that cant see it through the AA plug you need to go to the - lipo and to the outside PCB side of the M7 diode for the positive.
Your charger will see the lipo that way.

If you need a pic to be clearer, let me know.

Hot glue is an excellent insulator.

Tony
ARS Software & Innovative Solutions
http://www.falcon1.net/~ars/rcmodels.html
Old 04-02-2007, 12:20 AM
Green1

hi all,wal*mart had the aa's jets,mono plane, bipes,mini storm,among others. 5 minute closing(12:00am) anouced so grabbed a green yellow bipe,channel B rang up at $29.97,how does the mono aa plane fly? I might get 1[8D]tks
Old 04-02-2007, 02:21 AM
Green1

[]battery on new green bipe completly dead wont take charge,going bk asap......
Old 04-02-2007, 06:05 AM
Green1

just got bk from wal*mart, exchanged the bipe for another.this 1 has power and is charging a ok.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:18 AM
Djstinger

TONY, Thank You very much for the info.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:20 AM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Green, I am kind of alone on this, but I don't like the sport flyer much. Tim

Thanks Tony. I've got a micro deans running directly to the battery now. Tim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.