Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Air Hogs Aero Ace!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 10:19 AM
Green1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Air Hogs Aero Ace!

Thanks Tim,i'll probly hold off then,anyways got another bipe x-twin from red 5,god knows what channel,$27.82 not bad for coming from far far away,says up to fifteen minutes run time.might see it bye july,(airmail)...gotta stop buying and start flying lol thanks again Tim, hagd....
Old 04-02-2007, 03:21 PM
Ayrton S

Hey!

You fellas might want to checkout this thread on the 'New Silverlit Plane at TRU' thread:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=5565871

Here's a picture to get u started. 3 (count 'em, 1, 2, THREE) channels..... I'll repeat the info here if interested.

Cheers

Ayrton
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95866.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	655446  
Old 04-02-2007, 05:31 PM
darticus

I want one are they available.Ron
Old 04-02-2007, 07:32 PM
MegaByte-2

I had to take advantage of the MXPV deal. $19.84 shipped. Thanks for the tip. I havent had a chance to read the reviews other than the one in here on they were good. Heck, for that price it worth the parts. It can go on the stack of the 5 other things I have never opened.........One is the RS DragonFly. I talked to my buddies at RS and they said it flew well. A giant flying bug(ornithopter)...a must have. It says a 30' range. I need to work on that after I finish this AeroSoarer IR TX range increase project. Is there ever enough time????? LOL

On the wearing out a controller. I had one "go" in abt 3 months. Upon inspection I found the PCB tracing cut like micro builder describes. Looking closer, the arm tip has a dimple pressed into it. Its supposed to ride on the trace. Mine was twisted some. Edge of the wiper cut the board. I removed the wiper assembly and reset the twist and it was now on another area of the trace. I did fill the deep scratching on the trace with Radio Shack's Trace Repair Pen. Its a liquid silver compound that drys overnight and is very conductive. Just apply it and wipe the excess off with the edge of an index card. Works well on a "naturally" worn out controller too.

I lubed mine with their teflon lube pen. It sounds wrong since teflon is an insulator, but it works like a dream. very smooth and little sign of wear.

Tim,
Going straight to the lipo for an external charger is fine. No damage will occur since the switch disconnects the lipo negative from the Rx when off. The M7 "outside" PCB connection is actually the lipo +. Its just easier for most to get to. Less chance of a bridge on the PCB considering where they stuck the normal lipo + wire.

Keep up the good stuff. PM me if you have a question and I don't answer in the thread. My head is probably in something I feel they just didnt do right.........LOL

Tony
ARS Software & Innovative Solutions
http://www.falcon1.net/~ars/rcmodels.html
Old 04-02-2007, 08:12 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Ayrton, To say i'm interested doesn't cover it. Airhogs had a mention of a plane, also called the acrobat on their website a while ago. It is not their now. Read your post while putting yet another prop on the slow stick. To say I will get one of these is obvious, also a palm z. Tim

Tony, I was wondering, again about left/right control. I too have scratched through the contact pads.

So many planes etc, Tim

Tony, or anyone else, where can I get a smaller plug than the deans micro? And does anyone think that I could put more battery in the ace than a 135mah 15-20c battery? And this just occured to me, can I charge a 135mah15-20c bat at 150mah? Because I think I will have to. Tim
Old 04-03-2007, 12:05 AM
MegaByte-2

Tim,
The left/right is a resistance pad the is pressured to the board. Not proportional. I have seen older Tx's have that pad get hard and crack. That will cause problems.

I never found a reliable source for smaller connectors.....there has to be some. I've seen them on electronic equipment.

Sure you can charge a 135 at 150ma. Just as long as the charge rating is higher than the battery rating. If its lower it'll never reach peak. Slower charging is actually bettery for the battery. You'll be charging at just over 1C. So, I'd expect a 45-50 min charge.

Tony
Old 04-03-2007, 04:52 AM
Ayrton S

Guys!

As there clearly is some interest, here is the text I was sent from Flying Toys UK:

Press Release

SE85658 X-Twin R/C Air Acrobat Mini 3D Aeroplanes

A further development from the fabulous X-Twin R/C Mini Planes for 2007, the amazing Air Acrobat 3D Planes include 3 Channel R/C, providing proportional steering using differential thrust, elevator and motor control. Now you can take off from the ground and land, perform impressive loops and sensational stunts too!...

Made of lightweight impact resistant Expanded Polypropylene Foam for the best possible strength to weight ratio. There are 3 superb styles to choose from on Bands A, B & C, so that you can fly up to 3 planes together for brilliant Pylon Racing, or fantastic formation aerobatics with your friends!...

Charging direct from the transmitter in less than half an hour, provides fantastic flights of up to ten minutes between charges. The attractive new style Gift Boxes include an informative flight manual, two spare propellers and all you need to take off within minutes of opening the box, excluding 6 x AA Alkaline batteries for the integral transmitter/charger provided.

See: www.flyingtoys.co.uk - Silverlit R/C - X-Twin Acrobat 3D - Video in Action

(New Flying Toys On-line Video Demonstration, and Promo DVD available shortly)

Technical Specification

SE85658 X-Twin R/C Air Acrobat Mini 3D Aeroplanes (New for 2007)

Product Dimensions: Wingspan 315mm (12.5in) Length 310mm (12.25in) Product Weight: 20g including rechargeable Flight Battery. Flight Battery: High capacity 3.7v Lithium Polymer Battery. Charger: Integral Field Charger/Transmitter. Charging Time: 20-30 minutes for full charge. Intelligent charger incorporates LED charging indicator & auto shut off facility when battery is charged. Flight Duration: 5-10 minutes. Plane will maintain height on low throttle. Batteries Required: 6 x 1.5v AA Alkaline Batteries for Transmitter/Charger.

R/C Specification: Supplied completely assembled ready-to-fly, with pre-installed 3 Channel FM Digital Radio Control. Two independent speed controllers enable the two powerful wing mounted miniature electric motors to steer the model proportionally by simply moving the transmitter joy stick left or right, and allow full throttle control for climb or descent. Features exciting elevator function to perform loops and stunts, and turn in tight corners. Fly indoors in a large hall, or outside in calm conditions. Sophisticated wing design, for maximum stability for the inexperienced Pilot.

Made of tough, flexible EPP Foam, to absorb impact from a heavy landing. Range: Up to 100m (300ft). Frequency: 27MHz. Split frequencies allow up to three different coloured models to be flown together on Bands A, B & C. Each style supplied to the Trade in assorted Outer Cartons x 6 pcs, comprising 2 of each colour/frequency.

Instruction Manual: Included, providing helpful tips for the new X-Twin Pilot and experienced flyer. Ages: 8+. Adult supervision recommended. Gift Box Dimensions: 460 x 350 x 1000mm. Gift Box Weight: 0.8kgs. Availability: Three amazing Aerobatic Aeroplanes available from May 2007 onwards. Suggested Retail Price: £29.99 each including VAT.
So May is when the container arrives. I couldn't find any information on the Flying Toys website yesterday, or on Siverlit's site. And what's this about the Palm Z - I thought Tim was talking about some ghastly personal organiser 'til I put it in Google - man what a fantastic plane! Once again, UK websites are taking orders but I can't find any specs, just a couple of artist's impressions. Looks like a geared single pusher, act. on rudder, bipe layout, I'm guessing 3-6 grams. Take that, Plantraco!

As usual, here's a few pics to keep you dribbling...

Ayrton

Name:	Ec89829.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	655906   Click image for larger version

Name:	To45350.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	655907   Click image for larger version

Name:	Va71217.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	655908  
Old 04-03-2007, 05:10 AM
Ayrton S

Me again!

Instead of doing some "work", I went on Google. Here is another long post, gleaned from several UK model sellers, regarding the Palm Z:

Silverlit Palm Z

From Silverlit, the people who gave us the X-Twins and the Picoo Z now bring the biplane inside, with the Palm Z, an IR controlled indoor plane which operates on two channels for both rudder and motor control. There will be three different bands, so.... suitable for living-room dogfights then!

Product Dimensions
o Wingspan: 200mm
o Length: 175mm

Power
o Built-in Lithium Polymer flight battery
o 6AA Batteries for transmitter (not inc)

Charging
o Integral Field Charger/Transmitter included
o Charging Time: 10 minutes, providing 4-5 minutes flight time
o Intelligent charger incorporating LED charging indicator & auto shut off facility when battery is charged.

Instructions
o Instruction Manual: Providing helpful tips for the new micro flyer and experienced flyer

Extras
o Infra-red control, so no aerials needed
o Range: Up to 10m (30ft)
o Made from virtually indestructible, high density foam
o Fly indoors, or outside in calm conditions

Easy-to-Fly Indoor Stunt Plane
Wingspan: 8" (200mm) Length: 7" (175mm)
Weight: Under 10 grams including Lithium Polymer Flight Battery
2 Channel Infra Red Bands A B &C

Following the amazingly popular Picoo Z helicopter, the Palm Z Mini Plane provides the same incredible use of micro technology to bring you this tiny aerobatic aeroplane.

The infra-red Palm Z features a fast charging facility for fabulous long flight times and unbelievable performance in the smallest of spaces. The Silverlit Palm Z is safe and easy to fly using 2 channel rudder and motor control and is available in three different frequencies enabling several Palm Z's to be flown at the same time.

Pre Order for Late June

Price £20
Cheers (PS sorry if allthis is common knowledge, I'd never heard of it until Tims' post above)

Ayrton
Attached Images  
Old 04-03-2007, 12:20 PM
Djstinger

I just received my MXPV that I ordered Friday from TRU online "google checkout deal". I was fling it last night and it is a blast, it dives with control in the turns and with the just enough wind it will barrel roll. The steering needs to be used when coming out of a turn to level out, unlike the AA. With the 135mha lipo it uses if you hold the steering you get a sweet death spiral that is recoverable every time, as long as keep it about 12' up, your safe.

Tony, The " Fly Tech - Dragonfly " from RS is a must have for anybody into micro RC. I posted some pictures here. [link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5529267/tm.htm[/link]
Old 04-03-2007, 12:42 PM
skunkworks2006

Okay guys, I just had to show off my new P-47 conversion made from a AA Powerhawk/Silverlit Classic Trainer. Let me know what you think:

My P-47 Low-wing conversion

Here is my rendition of the Republican P-47 bubble top, semi-scale.
I ended up cutting and gluing the upper wing in place of the lower wings.
Forgive the sloppy job; next one will be much better. I learned a lot.

Since these pics, I moved the motors closer to the fuse, back into the stock "pods". The props barely clear the fuse, but it is a little tamer in turns. It sure doesn't take much to bank this low wing. I also have a "hatch" where one of the existing holes was on the top of the fuse (directly behind the batt.) where I was able to add some weight to bring CG closer. I also pulled the prop and stuck a split-shot in there for added weight. This design makes the plane very nose light. I might try trimming the wings more and/or moving them slightly aft for the next one. The decals came from the LHS and I then sprayed a light coat of clear latex to seal them.
Flys pretty scale on mid throttle. Light taps to bank with no self correcting behavior. At WOT it tends to stall, not porpose. I'll try to get some video some time. Let me know if you have further questions.

Name:	Pn37014.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	656133   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs58042.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	656134   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ou49851.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	656135   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ga76385.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	656136   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ny27147.jpg
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	656137   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qg64054.jpg
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	656138   Click image for larger version

Name:	Su36273.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	656139  
Old 04-03-2007, 03:07 PM
Djstinger

VERY COOL !!!
Old 04-03-2007, 04:30 PM
Fisher

This is probably a already answered question but my friend got an Air Hogs Twin TechZ. Looks like AroAce gear on a single wing plane. is this the case? The thrust angle is so far off that all it wants to do is loop with the power on. It glides very well though so it must be reasonably well balanced. Any input would be helpful.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:41 PM
trroadster

Cool! How easy/hard was it to dismantle the original??

ORIGINAL: skunkworks2006

Okay guys, I just had to show off my new P-47 conversion made from a AA Powerhawk/Silverlit Classic Trainer. Let me know what you think:

My P-47 Low-wing conversion

Here is my rendition of the Republican P-47 bubble top, semi-scale.
I ended up cutting and gluing the upper wing in place of the lower wings.
Forgive the sloppy job; next one will be much better. I learned a lot.

Since these pics, I moved the motors closer to the fuse, back into the stock "pods". The props barely clear the fuse, but it is a little tamer in turns. It sure doesn't take much to bank this low wing. I also have a "hatch" where one of the existing holes was on the top of the fuse (directly behind the batt.) where I was able to add some weight to bring CG closer. I also pulled the prop and stuck a split-shot in there for added weight. This design makes the plane very nose light. I might try trimming the wings more and/or moving them slightly aft for the next one. The decals came from the LHS and I then sprayed a light coat of clear latex to seal them.
Flys pretty scale on mid throttle. Light taps to bank with no self correcting behavior. At WOT it tends to stall, not porpose. I'll try to get some video some time. Let me know if you have further questions.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:45 PM
ahaacobbler

ORIGINAL: Djstinger

I just received my MXPV that I ordered Friday from TRU online "google checkout deal".

What I gyp. I got my shipping notice today - it won't be here until the 9th. I ordered on Thursday.

Does the MXPV have elevator control like the MSL, or just the 2 channel diferential steering like the AA?

Cobbler
Old 04-03-2007, 11:03 PM
MegaByte-2

Hi all,

djstinger,
I had mine the week they came out. My RS buddies called and said it was a blast and flew pretty well. I had them put one behind the counter so my wife could stop and get it.
I just put it in the stack of "I don't have time for you right now, but I wanted one"! The MXPV will be in the same stack. I'll need to work on the range(30') on the DragonFly, that shouldnt be to hard to extend. Even my RS buddies commented on the range but said "that wont be a problem for you to fix". LOL They know me and have me on speed dial.
I've been working on extending the IR range of the AeroSoarer. I dont have a gym to fly in and 20' after dusk just doesnt get it. The gym fliers have problems with the lighting so I'm working on giving it more "punch". Almost done.
I had to send my XPV battery back in on the recall. Some were causing fires. Mine was on the list.
I ordered 5 Bit Chars on a special from RaidenTech. $5ea. RF , 75' range and the mods threads for them already have the range and bigger motor issues posted. The Rx is just a bit bigger than the AA, its a bang bang on both channels, but rudders can do more than diff. thrust and for the price.........
All I asked for in the comments section was that all 5 be on the same frequency so I'd just have to modify one Tx. So they send 2- 27MHz, 2- 35MHz and a 57MHz.........idiots.
I replied to their confirmation email showing the comments section.......no reply after a week. Time for a phone call.

Ayrton,
Thanks for the info on the 3ch. I hope they use the AA Rx as a base PCB instead of the brick 2ch like in the SWP. I have feelers out on the PalmZ. Looks like a Bipe Aerosoarer with a lipo. The vid on You Tube looks like its flying in a stall. Good motor. Gonna have to try at least one of those when I can get one. That stack is getting bigger..........

skunkworks2006,
Thats cool. I love warbirds. Sure looks good. If it glides nice and wide open throttle stalls it, it may be a thrust angle of the motors(up and down). Especially if its an under cambered wing. Whats the AUW of it?

Later guys..............

Tony
Old 04-04-2007, 08:15 AM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Fischer, you are refering to the sport flyer. I have one and am disappointed with it, others on this thread love theirs. Tim
Old 04-04-2007, 01:45 PM
skunkworks2006

Thanks for the compliments. I'm really having fun with this one.
It isn't too hard to do if you have a good eye and a steady hand.
The AUW is just 21.9 The stock AUW is 20.1 by my measurements, so not too bad considering I added nose weight, full paint and sealer and hot glue. I will build the next one a little lighter.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:15 PM
Fisher

FERNDALE AIR FORCE,

Thanks for the reply.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:17 PM
Ayrton S

Hi Tony

Ayrton,
Thanks for the info on the 3ch. I hope they use the AA Rx as a base PCB instead of the brick 2ch like in the SWP. I have feelers out on the PalmZ. Looks like a Bipe Aerosoarer with a lipo. The vid on You Tube looks like its flying in a stall. Good motor. Gonna have to try at least one of those when I can get one. That stack is getting bigger..........
I'll do my best to find out what sort of tranny the Aerobat uses; I hope it's like the X-Twin one too, time I dug out the full-house AH Tx you did for me, weather has just picked up, got my first outdoor flying of the season in today, 2 flights (Multiplex Twin Star), all AOK You say there's vid of the PalmZ on YouTube? going straight there to look.

I ordered 5 Bit Chars
- this took some time to figure but I reckon you are talking about Bit CARS? I got 2 of them years ago intending to fly them, but you know what it's like...

Cheers

Ayrton
Old 04-04-2007, 04:25 PM
Tim Taylor

Wow, this forum goes on forever. Has anyone ever read all the posts?

I ordered two Aero Aces and a Rush today. The wind's always so strong in the winter here that we can't fly the big planes so we've been flying Heli's in the armory building. These Air Hogs might be just the ticket to break the bordom.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:52 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

TT, I've read it all, written some of it, forgotten much of it. Check out the aeroace mods thread. Tim
Old 04-05-2007, 07:43 AM
Djstinger

TT, Welcome...Like Fern said " I've read it all and forgotten most of it ".
Old 04-05-2007, 08:23 AM
jlkonn
My Feedback: (1)

I struck out on the Toy-r-Us online order for a new Aero Ace.
It came yesterday.
Instead of the familiar biplane I got an F-22 Raptor looking thingy with the props in mid wing chord.
I couldn't even find it on the TRU web page and confirmed my order was in fact for the bipe.
So...
Waiting for the return label.
They will refund my purchase but they will not try to re-ship the correct item.
Looks like I'll keep looking in WalMart and places so I'm sure to get the correct plane.
JLK
Old 04-05-2007, 08:34 AM
Tim Taylor

Ohh Ohh, That's where I ordered mine. I oudered three areo Aces and something else. I hope they get it right.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:54 AM
Green1

i recieved the aa jet instead of the bipe,from tru I hope you get what you ordered,after all that and getting a jet I went to walmart and low and behold there were a couple of bipes.best of luck......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.