Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight
Reload this Page >

Best helicopter under $50 at local stores?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Best helicopter under $50 at local stores?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 02:29 PM
critterhunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best helicopter under $50 at local stores?

Been recently interested in these micro indoor toy copters when I saw and flew the one Radio Shack was selling around Christmas. Stopped in there a few weeks back and they were all out. Clerk said they were hoping for some new ones to come in soon. Anyway, I'd like to hear opinions on these toy copters under $50 that can be found at local stores (Target, Toys R Us, Walmart, Radio Shack, etc) as I don't want to order one through the mail. That way if I'm not happy with it I can just take it back and not have to pay for shipping. Opinions, views, etc welcome. I'm also looking at lipo only models as I want the longer flight times.
Old 03-14-2006, 06:47 PM
zeroseven

Default RE: Best helicopter under $50 at local stores?

I got my bladerunner2 for $60 at dillards in january i dont know if they still sell them. Radioshack told me the spinblade heli they sold was discontinued and they could not get anymore.
Old 03-14-2006, 10:44 PM
micro_builder
My Feedback: (1)

as zeroseven said, the SpinBlade heli that radio shack was selling is no longer being sold. which is really too bad cause its an excellent indoor helicopter for a great price. BUT, i do think they're working on the 2nd generation of them (there's pictures of it on the fun factory website). the later generations of the bladerunner (pre KA-50 BlackHawk version) are going for pretty cheap these days, you could probably find one on ebay for dirt cheap.

if you find a heli for 50 bucks or less, is lipo powered, and is 2 channels or more, let us know!! i've only found 4 micro indoor helis so far, none of them were less than 50 bucks (unless you buy a cheap knock-off clone), everything else is cheap little free flight heli, or hobby grade helis.

nick
Old 04-22-2006, 01:31 AM
riddict

Just released a few weeks ago, is the dynatech action Micro Flight Vigor indoor helicopter. Of course just another indoor heli, but it works great! Full Functionality. I fly mine all over the house, and believe me, each room is not very big. Not the best by any standards, but it is $39.99 and can be found at Toys R Us. Heres the promo pic:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu59814.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	449232  
Old 04-22-2006, 11:49 AM
critterhunter

Is that copter lipo powered, how many channels, and is it proportional? Any other details welcome.
Old 04-22-2006, 03:27 PM
micro_builder

its a clone of the original BladeRunner heli. except this one looks like it doesnt have a tail motor, so its probably only 2 channel (forward and back would be set with the CG). its not lipo powered, its got an NiMH pack, but it may be proportional, either way though, its probably setup for twin engine thrust differential steering ( just like the AA, but heavier).

nick
Old 04-22-2006, 04:02 PM
riddict

It flys in all directions except backward. I think. At least I can do all but go backward. It's proportional.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:29 AM
critterhunter

I'm waiting for a lipo powered copter in the under $50 range. It would be nice to be able to pick one up at some local store but may opt to order one when I settle on something.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:51 PM
heli-kid

you can get a vectron blackhawk for $60.00 at most hobbys shops definatly worth the money-there indestructable
Old 08-02-2006, 06:21 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

I have my eye on a winner hx-232. 3 ch nimh battery.
Old 08-02-2006, 07:20 PM
micro_builder

you'll be much better off with a true BR. all the clones i've read about were pretty shoddy in construction and material. considering the winner has a nicd batter says a lot too. there's quite a few BRs to chose from these days, the original BR, the BRII, KA-50 BlackShark BR, mini Rescue BR, and the soon to be Micro Mosquito. the BR and BRII are pretty much identical, the motors and lipos can wear out fast if you dont take good care of them. the KA-50 has larger motors and lipo so they'd last longer. i've got the mini BR and its actually better than the BR and BRII, i think. the micro mosquito will be a "must have" for me though when it comes out.

here's the KA-50: http://www.thesourcecc.com/estore/Pr...roduct=6018557

not sure where they're selling the BR and BRII's, but the mini BR is being sold at radio shack for 50 bucks. the RX from any of them make for a nice twin engine conversion too.

nick
Old 08-11-2006, 11:16 AM
EvaderMaster

Hey I don't get this!?? So the mini br is 2 channel, it has auto forward..... Does that mean you can't hover? And then let me add in a nother heli.The pico z is that porportional? Because in the add it only says up, down, left right. (I don't know about you but that'd be kinda boring). http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=search
Old 09-09-2006, 09:27 PM
psilver

The Picco Z in my experience can hover, go left and right and more.
Old 09-09-2006, 10:18 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

I have a br 3channel clone. The picco z is the better aircraft by a large margin. If you are thinking about purchasing one stick to radio shack. Other online dealers have raised the price significantly this week. Tim
Old 02-09-2007, 08:55 PM
RTBelless

I have a Havoc Helii from Air hogs. After you get used to the throttle, and weight the front for forward flight it is an awesome little chopper bought at Walmart for $30
Old 03-15-2007, 04:00 AM
rctoyhouse

I have been flying the sky shadow 3 CH helicopter. It's easy to manuever and works great for me.