Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

new Silverlit plane at TRU

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 10:44 AM
Flying 442

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: new Silverlit plane at TRU

micro_builder,
The only thing I don’t like about this plane is flying with others and getting AM RX glitches. The stock AA / SW stuff is great for test planes or swapping into free fliers, but flying with a group at a hanger its limited. I would like to try the Nick Leichty Rx units, but I need to ask him some things first. I checked the ACT’s on my SW and read 36 ohm, so it looks like I have to replace it to get one that falls in the 50~200 range. Looks like I need a mini 3 ch Rx w/ESC=$145, add 72mhz=$25, and an ACT=$30. Also I need to know what kind of motors the ESC can handle. I would like an 72mhz 2 ESC RX like the AA so I can build a small B-17 in the future. I would love to run a full 4 ch setup mini because sending it nose first into a wall doesn’t require a new plane.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:01 PM
micro_builder
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Truglodite

i really like nick's actuators. nice work, but too expensive for my level of interest in nano-planes. i'm looking forward to turning my pile of dead aeroaces into act ruddered pieces when i have time, so i've been stocking up the necessary components to build with. the one thing i haven't found yet is magnets. i bought some neo mags that are probably too heavy.

what magnets are you guys using for acts on aa's?
the size of magnet will depend on the ID of the coil. i've got a pretty good selection of magnet sizes these days, but for something like the AA, where super low weight isnt really nescessary, you can get away with just about anything. BSD has an ok selection of magnets, if you're winding your own actuator, you can just buy whatever size magnet to match the coil you wind. planes like the wattage microflyer or rookie, and even the the SW use a pretty big magnet/coil so pretty much anything will work.

ORIGINAL: Flying 442

micro_builder,
The only thing I don’t like about this plane is flying with others and getting AM RX glitches. The stock AA / SW stuff is great for test planes or swapping into free fliers, but flying with a group at a hanger its limited. I would like to try the Nick Leichty Rx units, but I need to ask him some things first. I checked the ACT’s on my SW and read 36 ohm, so it looks like I have to replace it to get one that falls in the 50~200 range. Looks like I need a mini 3 ch Rx w/ESC=$145, add 72mhz=$25, and an ACT=$30. Also I need to know what kind of motors the ESC can handle. I would like an 72mhz 2 ESC RX like the AA so I can build a small B-17 in the future. I would love to run a full 4 ch setup mini because sending it nose first into a wall doesn’t require a new plane.
Nicks RXs are a wideband AM system, so interference from other flyers may still be just as possible with his system. i have a couple of his RXs and when flying alone there really isnt any glitching issues at all, but i havent flown with a group with his RX, so i cant say for certain how his would react. he'll do the RX in FM for a small fee though. if you do get one of his RXs, you may want to get one that has the amplifier built in, otherwise you'll need to use 100-200ohm coils, anything lower and it could burn out the system. nicks RXs are usually meant for planes around the 5 gram range (or less), so most of the components for the ESC are meant for 4mm motors, he can go larger though if you ask him.

if you plan on flying with a group on a regular basis, you might want to go with something like the MicroInvent system. they're heavier, around .9 grams, but they can handle larger motors, they're narrow band, can run actuators or servos, and some other nice features. plus, they're probably a little stronger than Nicks systems. Nick builds his RXs for low weight, which means very thin PCBs, thin PCBs that can bend and break if not careful.

dont get me wrong, i love Nicks equipment, plan on buying some more soon. but for planes like the SW and similar sizes, the larger systems like JMP or MI might be better suited. BSD carries pretty much all of it: http://bsdmicrorc.com

nick
Old 03-06-2007, 04:33 PM
Flying 442

Great info micro_builder, thanks!
I was looking at the SW and noted it had 3 wires coming from the motor. I was thinking this was a brushless motor, am I right about that? Also at this point the smallest set-up I have is the Berg Microstamp 4L and 3 pico servos. I’m new to this, but I’ve learned it takes speed or bigger wings to keep that set-up in the air. I’ve been having fun hacking the SW and the AA’s, but now when I go to the fun-fly’s to showoff my work I’m in fear of group glitches. I’m looking at those sites and I’m sure that’s what I’m looking for.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:35 PM
Neurotex

ORIGINAL: micro_builder

Neurotex,
the SW gearbox w/shroud might be a good match for the Beech Bonanza too. i know how you like those V Tails
yeah, that would be a good plane. 2 actuators? Crazy!

I took the s&t SW out to the field this evening and it flew great first toss.
Wicked climb rate and quick. Maybe too much climb because I was cutting
throttle and just steering most of the time. Nice glide rate. Maybe a tad more
weight to the nose and cut the incidence by 1 degree. It's set up now as
motor -1, wing 3 and the tail at 0. Very pleased at the way she rides but
the way the SW is set up, changing wings is easy with rubber bands.

I haven't seen that EZ Charger yet. Walmarts has a new stock of many
different models. Seems they're popular- how can you go wrong at 10 bucks?
Old 03-06-2007, 09:54 PM
micro_builder

the SWs motor is a 7mm coreless motor (i certainly wish it were a BL motor though!). i think the 3rd wire is something like a ground wire, but i'm not really sure. the Berg microstamp 4L is a good little RX, you could save a few grams with the new blue arrow 2.5 gram servos over the Pico servos (the GWS ones at least). if you really want to go light with servos, and spend some money, you could use the Falcon 1.7 gram servos, of the Falcon Breeze Block which is an RX/ESC combo with two 1.7 gram servos built in. i dont have one, but have seen them installed on planes, it looks pretty darn slick.

keeping things lightweight certainly helps keep things slow, but if you've got a set weight and cant go lower, your next best option is to go with more wing area. the general rule of thumb for indoor wingloading is around 1 gram of weight for every 1 square inch of wing area. it helps to double that if you've got a smaller indoor area, something around .3 or .5 grams per square inch is a good point to aim for. there's a few wingloading/flight speed calculators, they're never 100% accurate since there's so many variables, but they at least give a rough idea of what you might expect from your plane. here's a couple that i use:

http://www.geocities.com/billy_stilt...planecalc.html
http://www.roomflight.com/ (click the Tech Resources tab on the top left)

congrats on the s&t flight, neurotex. i was going to say giving the motor another degree of downthrust might do the trick too, but that would probably be quite a bit more difficult than changing the angle of the wing! sometime this week i'm going to run to TRU and pick up one of those other SW planes, the new Fastlane one, see if they're really the same thing. plus, that way i'll have new equipment and wont have to gut my others to get the e-charger one going.

nick
Old 03-07-2007, 10:20 AM
Flying 442

Ok, just a thought but how about this. I remove the Rudder ACT from two SW's. Then place them on the wings as Ailerons. I would hook one up backward so it would roll left or right with the stick, but the rudder would be fixed. Being new to this game I don't know if the SW ACT's have the power to stay in the middle during flight and have the power to deflect up and down under load (might need to place in front of a fan set on high to see if they work under load).

FYI I was wrong about using Nick Leichty's RX's and paying extra for an FM unit. He keeps weight down by working AM only.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:43 PM
micro_builder

yep, that would work for ailerons. another option would be to use a dual output arm actuator and use it for the ailerons. same principle, just a differant way to go about it. ailerons usually like having an elevator to go with them, mostly cause when you bank during a turn, she wants to nose down, but its not always needed. i attatched a pic of what i'm talking about, i had done this with a plane i built for trying out forward swept wings. it seemed to work well enough, but could've been a lot better since ailerons work better with very little dihedral in the wings. it was very unusuall to watch it "try" to stall, since it cant, it would just float to the ground in a high alpha angle. very bizzar looking.

on another note, i gave the gee bee a test flight today, i couldnt hold off any longer. the snow was warmed enough to make for soft landings, but not wet enough to short anything out. she flys, as long as i'm going straight...any rudder inputs and she rolls and dives. way too sensitive rudder, but that'll be an easy fix.

i also gave the little mini racer i recently built a test flight. it flew quite nicely i must say, till that dang tree jumped out in front of it and removed the wing for me. but, the design works, so i can start on its larger brother now.

nick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95439.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	637224   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je98586.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	637225   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jo31145.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	637226  
Old 03-07-2007, 07:38 PM
Neurotex

The gee bee by design is a difficult plane to fly. In the magazines I've
read over the years it's always given modler's a fit. I hope it's just the
rudder causing the dives. Some of the problems I've noted about the
designs on keeping it scale on smaller models is, too short a gap between
stab & wing, stab too small, rudder too tall, and fuselage too fat. I hope
it's just the rudder swing for you.

Glad to hear the mini racer is working out. It seems like a solid design
and well proportioned. Another plane that would be a good flyer and quick
would be the Hugh's racer. (Never could see how that became the Zero),
but I always liked the design of that plane.
Looking forward to seeing that racer on a larger scale!
Old 03-11-2007, 09:24 AM
Neurotex

With the winter building season almost over I'm hoping to finish
this up so I can seriously start flying again.
I reduced down Guillow's Piper Cub plans to a 14" wingspan. The
fuselage is made from 1/16" select balsa and a 3"x 36" sheet of
a cost of .87 cents should complete the whole model.
As it's going now I figure the complete model without the SW works
should weigh about 15 grams.

Name:	Pm34695.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	639828  
Old 03-15-2007, 03:29 PM
Ayrton S

Guys -

You really, really, really want to read this:-

Ayrton

Name:	Yv66112.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	158.2 KB
ID:	642723  
Old 03-15-2007, 05:36 PM
W.A.S.P.S-Flyer

Awsome!
Old 03-16-2007, 05:10 AM
Ayrton S

Hey WASPS!

ORIGINAL: W.A.S.P.S-Flyer

Awsome!
There's nothing on the Flying Toys site yet, nor the Silverlit one. I have the text of the press release and 3 artists impressions if interested. F/Toys are taking orders now for the first container load, due in May...

Cheers

Ayrton
Old 04-02-2007, 04:20 AM
Ayrton S

Well, nobody said they were interested [], but here's the information anyway!

Press Release

SE85658 X-Twin R/C Air Acrobat Mini 3D Aeroplanes

A further development from the fabulous X-Twin R/C Mini Planes for 2007, the amazing Air Acrobat 3D Planes include 3 Channel R/C, providing proportional steering using differential thrust, elevator and motor control. Now you can take off from the ground and land, perform impressive loops and sensational stunts too!...

Made of lightweight impact resistant Expanded Polypropylene Foam for the best possible strength to weight ratio. There are 3 superb styles to choose from on Bands A, B & C, so that you can fly up to 3 planes together for brilliant Pylon Racing, or fantastic formation aerobatics with your friends!...

Charging direct from the transmitter in less than half an hour, provides fantastic flights of up to ten minutes between charges. The attractive new style Gift Boxes include an informative flight manual, two spare propellers and all you need to take off within minutes of opening the box, excluding 6 x AA Alkaline batteries for the integral transmitter/charger provided.

See: www.flyingtoys.co.uk - Silverlit R/C - X-Twin Acrobat 3D - Video in Action

(New Flying Toys On-line Video Demonstration, and Promo DVD available shortly)

Technical Specification

SE85658 X-Twin R/C Air Acrobat Mini 3D Aeroplanes (New for 2007)

Product Dimensions: Wingspan 315mm (12.5in) Length 310mm (12.25in) Product Weight: 20g including rechargeable Flight Battery. Flight Battery: High capacity 3.7v Lithium Polymer Battery. Charger: Integral Field Charger/Transmitter. Charging Time: 20-30 minutes for full charge. Intelligent charger incorporates LED charging indicator & auto shut off facility when battery is charged. Flight Duration: 5-10 minutes. Plane will maintain height on low throttle. Batteries Required: 6 x 1.5v AA Alkaline Batteries for Transmitter/Charger.

R/C Specification: Supplied completely assembled ready-to-fly, with pre-installed 3 Channel FM Digital Radio Control. Two independent speed controllers enable the two powerful wing mounted miniature electric motors to steer the model proportionally by simply moving the transmitter joy stick left or right, and allow full throttle control for climb or descent. Features exciting elevator function to perform loops and stunts, and turn in tight corners. Fly indoors in a large hall, or outside in calm conditions. Sophisticated wing design, for maximum stability for the inexperienced Pilot.

Made of tough, flexible EPP Foam, to absorb impact from a heavy landing. Range: Up to 100m (300ft). Frequency: 27MHz. Split frequencies allow up to three different coloured models to be flown together on Bands A, B & C. Each style supplied to the Trade in assorted Outer Cartons x 6 pcs, comprising 2 of each colour/frequency. Instruction Manual: Included, providing helpful tips for the new X-Twin Pilot and experienced flyer. Ages: 8+. Adult supervision recommended. Gift Box Dimensions: 460 x 350 x 1000mm. Gift Box Weight: 0.8kgs. Availability: Three amazing Aerobatic Aeroplanes available from May 2007 onwards. Suggested Retail Price: £29.99 each including VAT.
Ayrton
Old 04-02-2007, 04:24 AM
Ayrton S

Oh, and here's some more pictures!

Cheers

Name:	Pn37801.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	655189   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vr53100.jpg
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	655190   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mr40700.jpg
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	655191  
Old 04-02-2007, 08:07 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Ayrton, To say i'm interested doesn't cover it. Airhogs had a mention of a plane, also called the acrobat on their website a while ago. It is not their now. Read your post while putting yet another prop on the slow stick. To say I will get one of these is obvious, also a palm z. Tim
Old 04-04-2007, 04:34 PM
Ayrton S

Hey Tim et al;

I hadn't heard of the Palm Z til you mentioned it above, straight onto Google - WOW - what a little beaut! There's also a couple of vids on YouTube - stick in Silverlit PalmZ to find 'em.

I put all the info I could find on the Palm Z (e.t.a. in UK June) and some piccys on the main AA thread at:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_33...tm.htm#5665404

- post 4781

Cheers

Ayrton
Old 04-13-2007, 01:13 AM
flip3d454
My Feedback: (35)

i get a down facing roll out of mine.
lots of fun.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:08 AM
Ayrton S

Hey all!

We finally got it here in the UK!:

Press Release

SE85619 R/C Single Wing Mini Planes
The new Silverlit Single Wing Planes are reminiscent of early single channel R/C models, and these super shoulder wing mini monoplanes are sure to capture a certain nostalgia for some more mature modellers!...

Easy and fun to fly both indoors in a Sports Hall or outside in calm conditions,
using rudder & proportional motor control, these fabulous foam flyers have an excellent gliding capability too, for the longest possible flights on a warm Summer’s evening.

Made of lightweight impact resistant Expanded Polypropylene Foam,
providing an excellent strength to weight ratio, there are 3 stunning styles to choose from on one 27MHz frequency band.

Charging direct from the transmitter takes less than fifteen minutes,
and provides fantastic flights of 5 minutes or more between charges.

Ideal for learning basic flying and trimming skills, and representing remarkable value
for only £19.99!...

Technical Specification

SE85619 R/C Single Wing Mini Planes

Product Dimensions: Wingspan 275mm (11”) Length 215mm (8.5”)
Product Weight: 27g including rechargeable Flight Battery.
Flight Battery: 3.6v 3.8w NiMH Flight Battery.
Charger: Integral Field Charger/Transmitter.
Charging Time: 10-15 minutes for full charge. Intelligent charger incorporates LED charging indicator & auto shut off facility when battery is charged.
Flight Duration: 5-7 minutes. Plane will maintain height on low throttle.
Batteries Required: 6 x 1.5v AA Alkaline Batteries for Transmitter/Charger.
R/C Specification: Supplied completely assembled ready-to-fly,
with pre-installed 2 Channel Radio Control.
One powerful miniature electric motor with integral gearbox provides proportional throttle, plus rudder control.
Fly indoors in a large hall, or outside in calm conditions.
Sophisticated wing design, for maximum stability for the inexperienced Pilot.
Made of tough, flexible EPP Foam, to absorb impact from a heavy landing.
Range: Up to 100m (300ft). Frequency: 27MHz. One Band only.
Each style supplied to the Trade in assorted Outer Cartons x 6 pcs,
comprising 2 of each colour.
Instruction Manual: Included, providing helpful tips for the new Pilot and experienced flyer.
Ages: 8+. Adult supervision recommended.
Gift Box Dimensions: 455 x 315 x 75mm. Gift Box Weight: 0.65Kgs.
Availability: These three inexpensive Fun Flyers are available from May 2007 onwards.
Suggested Retail Price: Only £19.99 each including VAT.

Final specification may vary due to a policy of continuous development.
Flying Toys Ltd.
Infuriatingly, the magazine article said it had a 'high capacity 3.7 v lithium polymer battery' but the press release says it's a NiMH - we'll wait and see... pics atached, I like the red one:

Name:	Db85059.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	663845   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni23552.jpg
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	663846   Click image for larger version

Name:	Va71589.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	663847  
Old 04-14-2007, 05:13 AM
Ayrton S

Oh! and we finally got a Jet:

Press Release

SE85648-SE85622 X-Twin R/C Mini Planes 2007

Offering five fabulous styles throughout 2006, Flying Toys amazing X-Twin R/C Miniature Aeroplanes have become firmly established favourites with both newcomers, and experienced enthusiasts alike.

New for 2007, the exciting X-Twin Jets have a wingspan of just ten inches (250mm), and are sure to become even more sought after!...

The X-Twin R/C Mini Planes have proven particularly popular with modellers,
for indoor flying sessions in Sports Halls all around the country.
Equally suitable for beginners, they’re easily flown outdoors in calm conditions,
and are made of almost unbreakable expanded Polypropylene Foam,
to withstand the inevitable heavy landing.

Charging direct from the transmitter in less than half an hour provides fantastic flights
of up to ten minutes between charges.
Additionally all the X-Twin Models are available on 27MHz bands A, B and C,
to allow up to three different Silverlit models to be flown together at the same time!...

The attractive new style Gift Boxes include an informative flight manual,
two spare propellers and all you need to take off within minutes of opening the box,
excluding 6 x AA Alkaline batteries for the integral Transmitter/Charger provided.

There will be three colourful new X-Twin Jets to choose from, available from Flying Toys stockists from May 2007.

Lightweight, safe, affordable and easy to fly - Fantastic fun for all ages!...

SE8567 X-Twin R/C Jet – Product Dimensions:
Wingspan 250 mm (10”); Length 310 mm (12.25”); Product Weight: 20g including rechargeable flight battery.

Name:	Pm34687.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	663848   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rn39559.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	663849   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gl21205.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	663850  
Old 04-14-2007, 05:25 AM
Ayrton S

...and Flying Toys sent me some more info about the Palm Z. I was going to put all this stuff in one post, and make it the longest post in the history of posts...

Press Release

SE85659 Infra Red Palm Z easy-to-fly Indoor Aerobatic Aeroplane

The incredible Infra Red Palm Z Indoor Micro Plane is probably the smallest Remote Controlled Aerobatic Aeroplane in the World, and is firmly predicted to prove another Flying Toys phenomenon following the unprecedented success of the Picoo Z.

Lightweight, safe and easy to fly up to three together on Bands A, B & C using rudder and proportional motor control, this tiny eight inch Indoor Biplane has a spectacular performance in the smallest of spaces, and actually weighs less than eight grams!...

Flying Toys inexpensive Palm Z is supplied completely Ready-to-Fly, with a single powerful micro motor driving a geared pusher prop, and is made of tough Expanded Polypropylene Foam to survive the occasional heavy landing.

Featuring a fast charging facility for fabulous long flight times, the Lithium Polymer
flight battery will provide fantastic flights of up to five minutes between charges,
yet can be recharged in under fifteen minutes with the portable charger provided.

Now you can perform super stunts in your Front Room and loops in your Lounge.
Brilliant for miniature indoor Pylon Racing, or amazing Formation Aerobatics with your friends, and almost certain to become the hottest ‘Big Boys Toy’ of 2007!...

See it fly on www.flyingtoys.co.uk – Silverlit R/C - Palm Z - Video in Action

Technical Specification

SE85659 Infra Red Palm Z easy-to-fly Indoor Aerobatic Micro Plane

Product Dimensions: Wingspan 200mm (8" ). Length 175mm (7" )
Product Weight: Less than 8g, including Flight Battery.
Rechargeable Flight Battery: High capacity integral Lithium Polymer battery.
Charger: Integral Transmitter/Charger supplied with LED indicator/Auto shut off.
Simply plug in and charge, with easy to use connections.
Charging Time: Only 10 minutes for full charge.
Flight Duration: 4-5 minutes between charges.
Control Specification: Supplied completely assembled and already charged
ready-to-fly, with pre-installed 2 Channel Infra Red Control System
providing Rudder and proportional motor control.
Range: Up to 10m (30ft). Frequency: Infra Red Control System
Bands A, B & C allow up to three Silverlit Infra Red Models to be flown together.
Instruction Manual included: Providing helpful tips for the new or experienced Pilot.
Age Recommendation: 8+ Adult supervision recommended for operation.
Gift Box Dimensions: 350 x 260 x 80mm. Gift Box Weight: 0.5kgs.
Suggested Retail Price: Only £19.99 including VAT!...
Available from Flying Toys stockists from May/June 2007 onwards!...

Final specification may vary due to a policy of continuous development.
Flying Toys Ltd.
If there is a video there, I can't find it... hope you all like these posts and I'm not overwhelming the community...at least the first one about the SWP is relevant.

Cheers

Ayrton

Name:	Ol31347.jpg
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	663855   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs59049.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	663856  
Old 04-14-2007, 06:34 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Hi guys, I still can't find a sw. But I bought a hobbico voodoo, figuring that for $20 the motors could be stripped out. How would I go about finding out what motor is in this plane, and whether I can hook it up to the esc and gear I bought for the cox, p-51? That gear is very small. I figure if I can't hook that up. I'll pull the whole thing apart and transfer it to a different plane. The cowling is about the same size as a msl motor. Tim

Ayrton, the motors on the 3 ch appear to be larger geared motors from the pic. Tim
Old 04-23-2007, 05:46 PM
micro_builder

i converted this airhogs e-charger the other night and got a chance to fly it today. the RX and actuator are from the SW, the gearbox is stock, the 50mah cell turned out to be too small, but a 130mah lipo balanced everything out. the gearbox is loud, very loud, and seems rather ineficient, i thought about using the SW gearbox, but didnt want to mess with reversing the prop.

it was pretty windy when i flew it, but it flew well enough to keep me amused. some calm wind will probably help things a lot next flight.

nick

Name:	Qn38256.jpg
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	670845   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa86799.jpg
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	670846   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ns45256.jpg
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	670847  
Old 05-14-2007, 05:44 AM
Ayrton S

Guys!

There is a link to a video of the new X-Twin Acrobat at:

http://www.flyingtoys.co.uk/video/vacrobat3d.html

Also check this news from Flying Toys out:

SE85683-SE85686 X-Twin R/C DIY Aero System Mini Planes
As the X-Twin Ready-to Fly Mini R/C Aeroplanes have become firmly established with serious indoor model flyers around the country, it has become increasingly clear that many modellers see considerable potential to develop many different styles, using the superb Silverlit hardware.

To facilitate this demand, and allow newcomers to easily experience the enjoyment of building their own choice of model subject, Flying Toys are delighted to introduce the X-Twin DIY Aero System for 2007. Offering four different series of designs, to suit both beginners and model enthusiasts.

Ten pre-fabricated kits will be produced initally, featuring easy to assemble and fly single engine Basic Kits, Standard and Advanced Twins, and sensational Professional sets incorporating four powerful electric motors, for the ultimate performance.

Charging direct from the transmitter in less than half an hour, provides fantastic flights of up to ten minutes between charges. All the X-Twin DIY Series Models are available on 27MHz bands A, B and C, to allow up to three different Silverlit models to be flown together at the same time. R/C easily removed for Scratch Built Designs

Technical Specification
SE85683 X-Twin R/C DIY Aero System Basic Set Product Specification: Single motor and rudder control. Two styles and colour schemes available.

SE85684 X-Twin R/C DIY Aero System Standard Set Product Specification: Twin motors with proportional throttle control, and steering by differential thrust. Two styles and colour schemes available.

SE85685 X-Twin R/C DIY Aero System Advanced Set Product Specification: Powerful twin motors with proportional throttle control, and steering by differential thrust. Four styles and colour schemes available.

SE85686 X-Twin R/C DIY Aero System Professional Set Product Specification: Four powerful twin motors with proportional throttle control, and steering by differential thrust. Two styles and colour schemes available.

SE85683-SE85686 X-Twin R/C DIY Aero System - General Specification:
Flight Battery: High capacity 3.7v Lithium Polymer Battery.
Charger: Integral Field Charger/Transmitter.
Charging Time: 20-30 minutes for full charge. Intelligent charger incorporates LEDcharging indicator & auto shut off facility when battery is charged.
Flight Duration: 10-15 minutes. Plane will maintain height on low throttle.
R/C Specification: Supplied completely prefabricated, almost ready-to-fly with pre-installed 2 Channel FM Digital Proportional Radio Control.
Two independent speed controllers enable the two/four powerful wing mounted miniature electric motors to steer the model by simply moving the transmitter joy stick left or right, and allow full throttle control for climb or descent.
(Basic Set single motor and rudder control)
Fly indoors in a large hall, or outside in calm conditions.
Sophisticated wing design, for maximum stability for the inexperienced Pilot.
Made of tough, flexible EPP Foam, to absorb impact from a heavy landing.
Range: Up to 100m (300ft). Frequency: 27MHz. Split frequencies allow up to three different coloured models to be flown together on Bands A, B & C.

Availability: All ten styles anticipated from July 2007 onwards. Suggested Retail Price: £24.99 - £39.99 each including VAT. SE85580 X-Twin R/C Mini Planes Spare Propellers x 2 @ £2.99 each incl VAT.
What do you think?? ...me too!

Ayrton

Name:	Tr50105.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	684147  
Old 05-16-2007, 07:02 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Cool vid Ayrton, What's the price point? Assuming it flies well in reality I will need one. I thought the moving part on the horizontal stab was called the elevator, now I know better. Have you seen the tx yet?

I just read the specs on DIY kits, they must have beefed ud the mosfets, they are advertising 4 motor capability[X(][X(]

I'm seriously looking forward to this one, Tim
Old 05-17-2007, 04:41 AM
Ayrton S

Tim -

the advertised price is still £29.99 = $60. Yes it's a bit worrying that they call the elevator the 'rudder' isn't it? Looks like bang/bang/ non-proportional all up or all down action. Direct drive props? No pics of Tx yet - unless you can spot it in the vid.

Glad you like the sound of the 'DIY System' - can't wait!

Cheers

Ayrton

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.