Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

New AeroAces.

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 10:41 AM
bdavison
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New AeroAces.

For anyone that hasnt seen these yet....here's yet another aeroace.
This time its shaped more like the F-22 Raptor, but still flys like the little bipe aeroace.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28898.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	575280   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni22938.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	575281   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej13692.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	575282   Click image for larger version

Name:	Eb86718.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	575283   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt62614.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	575284   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gl19716.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	575285   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bv59050.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	575286  
Old 12-11-2006, 02:18 PM
monstermaker13

Default RE: New AeroAces.

its called the aero ace jet

they'v been out for a while
Old 12-11-2006, 09:06 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Don't we all wish to open one of these and see a silverlit sport flyer pictured? Tim
Old 12-12-2006, 04:15 PM
googledperson

id rather have a turbo fury or a air lifter cause those look awesome ive heard that they arent as good though. Speaking of jets ferndale, i finally have had my first successful meeting with a soldering iron and an AA i switched out the motors on my jet! alittle extra weight but it flies great!
Old 12-12-2006, 04:22 PM
JJM

ORIGINAL: FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Don't we all wish to open one of these and see a silverlit sport flyer pictured? Tim
That, or, awhile back I remember someone posting a link with a bunch of different planes that were supposed to be coming out. Can't remember if it was here or rcgroups, but there were bombers with 4 motors, and a bunch of other designs using the same gear as the AAs. And these were NOT people's homebuilt stuff, they were factory, but I think from Europe though.

Anyone else remember this?
Old 12-12-2006, 07:59 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Way to go GP! I gave up on soldering the motor wires, due to a junk soldering iron(12w). I kept having problems, the heat would transmit to the pcb I think[>:]. Anyway I went to a mechanical connection with shrink tube. But I have replaced the offending soldering iron, so maybe next time I'll do the solder trick. GP, I was thinking of the turbo fury. I keep trying to convince myself to bite the bullet an order the twin pack. It has a turbo fury and a sport flyer, both in C channel. Maybe post christmas

JJM, what you saw was probably the entire x-twin product line. As GP states there seem to be mixed reviews. Tim
Old 12-12-2006, 09:34 PM
googledperson

the soldering iron i used was about 30 watts and it has a huge end so not very good for crcuit boards. it heats quite nicely and if you build up the end it is not that hard DONT drip any soldering on the foam it just melts it away and adds a heck of alot of weight
Old 12-12-2006, 09:38 PM
googledperson

ORIGINAL: JJM

That, or, awhile back I remember someone posting a link with a bunch of different planes that were supposed to be coming out. Can't remember if it was here or rcgroups, but there were bombers with 4 motors, and a bunch of other designs using the same gear as the AAs. And these were NOT people's homebuilt stuff, they were factory, but I think from Europe though.

i think the 4 motor one was the titan. was it ducted fan? if so then it was the titan that was discontinued due to its awful flight characteristics and easily breakable engines
Ferndale if im gonna add lights to my jet should i solder them parallel to the motor wires or however you say strip the motor wires and attach my own leds or will that fry something
Old 12-13-2006, 12:04 AM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

GP, you don't want to hook the lights up to the motor. That will cause excess power flow and potentialy blow the rx. DJstinger sells a ready to install light kit, and mega-byte has the parts to make your own. Both feature LED's twice as bright as the aamods light kit. When you add the lights the power and ground should be soldered to the battery with a separate on/off mechanism. Tim
Old 12-13-2006, 08:38 AM
Ched

Has anyone bought a f-16? I saw some at walmart. The box looks the same as the bi-plane box. The transmitter is different. The plane has the same twin pusher motor setup.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:37 AM
JJM

ORIGINAL: googledperson

ORIGINAL: JJM

i think the 4 motor one was the titan. was it ducted fan? if so then it was the titan that was discontinued due to its awful flight characteristics and easily breakable engines
No definately NOT that POS lol. These were about the same scale as the AAs, but were various military planes that looked really cool. I could have sworn it was said they'd be out in '07.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:48 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

JJM, spinmaster is supposed to release the picoo under thier banner in february. Perhaps then we'll see some. Of course there will be no product reviews, limited availability, and no spare parts. I hope I'm wrong, but their track record is not good on those issues, Tim.

Ched if it is the plane that is called the F-16, abort. The negative reviews are rampant. If it is the jet pictured above, it flies well, but needs more room than I tend to fly in.

BTW, if you have an ace and have not tried one of the stir stick mods, give them a shot. The plane flies completely different.

Tim
Old 12-27-2006, 11:53 AM
heli-kid

congradulations!!!! me 2 i soldered the antenna back on mine (i still dont trust my soldering skills)
Old 12-27-2006, 10:11 PM
flyingace451

Yeah, they've been out for months I bought mine in August. They don't have the porposing or fragile tail issues that the bipe has. I'm going to try and convert to just one vertical stab because I've heard it helps the turning, but I'm not sure how else it effects the flight characteristics. If they could make a jet that turned as sharply as the bipe, I'd buy tons of them.