Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight
Reload this Page >

Comparison to Airhog AeroAce/Silverlit Xtwin

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Comparison to Airhog AeroAce/Silverlit Xtwin

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 08:18 PM
daniirwan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Comparison to Airhog AeroAce/Silverlit Xtwin

Hi guys! I'm new to the forums and this RC flying thingy, but I've skimmed through some posts here and I have to say that you guys sure really do know your stuff! I'm awed.. =)

so I would like a bit of advice on two (micro?) rc planes i saw at my local toyshop:

1. Syma Preserver
2. Dolphin - can't recall the model name but it looks kinda similar to the Syma

anyone owns these planes? I'd like to know how they compare to my Silverlit Xtwin Classic Trainer..I'm thinking of getting another Xtwin, maybe a bi-wing or sports flyer, but at the same time i'm wondering if i should get another plane that's different to the Xtwin experience.

how bout the other xtwin? say the sports flyer/eagle wing/bi wing? are their handling and characteristics almost the same as my classic trainer?

are they worth the money? how does it fly? is it any good..or maybe even better than the xtwin?

that's it fellas..would appreciate any feedback u can give. cheers!
Old 01-15-2007, 08:37 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Default RE: Comparison to Airhog AeroAce/Silverlit Xtwin

Dani, almost all the posts about the aero ace refer to the x-twin mini bipe. Most of silverlits products are not imported here at this time. The turbo fury has just appeared here. As to your other planes I know nothing about them. Have fun, Tim
Old 01-16-2007, 06:46 AM
gt5500

Get the sport flyer its awesome, very stable flies level turns smoothly climbs with half throttle, just fantastic.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:12 PM
daniirwan

gt5500, wow..really? i read somewhere that the sports flyer is better than the bi-wing..but it needs more room to fly.
is this tru? how's the bi-wing experience? is it similar to the classic trainer?

my classic trainer doesn't climb so good, maybe max 15ft. after 5 mins and the battery is starting to wear off, it only flies at knee level =( overall, not a very good plane. that's why i'm thinking of getting another xtwin..if what u say is true, then i'm gonna get the sports flyer!

hey, anyone ever heard of plantraco's Sky Buddy? saw the video here http://www.plantraco.com/product_skybuddy.html, looks pretty cool..but it uses NimH batts, don't know if it'll last longer than the Lipo in my xtwin..
Old 01-17-2007, 08:32 AM
gt5500

The sport flyer takes more room to fly then the classic trainer but it looks much better in the air, in my opinion the classic trainer is great fun for tight spaces but with a bit more room the sport flyer is more fun. Compared to the classic trainer the climb ability of the sport flyer is like comparing a helicopter with a 747! I fly my sports flyer round a 40' x 40' room at either the first or second throttle step any more and its glues to the ceiling. The classic trainer takes more throttle to keep it up high but I do love the way it almost stall turns if you turn at hard at high speed. Can't tell you about the bi wing as I don't have one but since most people turn them into mono wings anyway you may as well get the sport flyer, the sport flyer is also very durable I have smacked it into everything and not even creased the nose yet!