Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Helix or Havoc?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 05:56 PM
cjrenick71

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Helix or Havoc?

The last couple of days I have been looking thru the forums. Now that the helix has been out a little longer just wondering which of the two would be better? I can get the Havoc for around $24.00 and the helix for $45.

Thanks,
Chad
Old 02-18-2007, 10:33 PM
ICHItheKILLER

Default RE: Helix or Havoc?

Get both ,they fly diff from each other,but are alot of fun
Old 02-21-2007, 04:34 PM
Sevenrats

Get the Havoc. I just had huge problems with the Reflex and returned two to them. The Havoc is alot of fun for just a little money, charges faster right off the controller and is easier to fly and it is so small it won't hurt anyone or break anything, even itself when you crash it. The blade would have to hit you right in the eye or something for it to hurt you.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:52 PM
tmanrc

I found the Havoc to be a lot more fun. You can add a small screw to the front for more forward control.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:34 AM
DEFORCER

i would get the helix, i had 2 havocs and both started spinning uncontrollably, even when i put the weights one, the i think the helix is way way tougher but u dont get as much control but still fun.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:52 AM
Ched

I have both. Havoc is my choice even if they were the same price.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:19 PM
ooosadface

ORIGINAL: DEFORCER

i would get the helix, i had 2 havocs and both started spinning uncontrollably, even when i put the weights one, the i think the helix is way way tougher but u dont get as much control but still fun.
Were both flown with the same set of batteries/controller? Bad batteries can make the Havoc appear to not hold charge, gain height and spin due to trim holding issues.

I'd also go for both. My son has one of each and I and my other son have the Havoc. They're all a blast. we've put two 1 inch pieces of scotch tape sticky sides together and then used of the aluminum sickers to connect it to the nose just under the black "cockpit" pointing 90 degrees straight up from the angle it was connected (sounds more confusing than it is). The aluminum tab lets us angle the tape "windshield" to whatever angel we want. It basically just gives the Havoc a constant, slow, forward motion no matter which direction you turn it. We can now take off from one room and fly to another landing on a chair or whatever without having to go right, left, right, left to get it there. Maybe I'll post a pic when I get home later...

The Reflex (used to be Helix) is also fun. We fly it indoors, but not as easily as the Havoc. It really wants to go! It's controllable for indoors with the thrusters and all, but you really need to know what you're doing before you get anywhere close to what the Air Hogs commercial shows (even that took lots of crashes! [[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=5132514]Link[/link]]). So when the weather gets nicer (i.e. - blizzards melts away) we'll be taking that one outside for a spin around the lawn.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:56 PM
tivo_willieb

I went to Wally World and bought the havoc ($29.99). I liked it pretty well except that you couldn't control forward motion except by weights. I probably would have kept it but I never could get it to trim correctly. It would spin to the left even trimmed all the way to the right. I'd have to hold the left stick about half way to the right to get it to fly straight. I decided to take it back. At the time, they were out of Havocs and only had the Reflexes, so I bumped it up some and bought it ($62.something). I have to say I like it better. It's easier to fly and it has forward and reverse controls. It being easier could be due to the fact that I never could trim the Havoc; however, I did notice that when increasing the throttle on the Havoc up or down, you had to compensate for it in the rear rotor. The Reflex doesn't have this tendency since it's 2 blades turn in opposite directions. I liked the way the Havoc looks better and the cool little flashing light, but I like the flight and control of the Reflex better. JMHO
Old 03-03-2007, 08:50 AM
}---O---{

For the money and fun factor, I'd stick with the Havoc...
Old 05-23-2007, 12:46 PM
Electrolight

Im going to buy the havoc today i hope this is a good choice. (Let me know)
Old 05-23-2007, 12:55 PM
Ched

Buy both. They are 33% off at Toys are Us.