Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

XPV Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 03:47 PM
flyace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XPV Batteries

does anyone know if xpv batteries are still made?[sm=confused.gif]
Old 02-22-2007, 04:48 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Default RE: XPV Batteries

http://www.google.com/search?q=xpv+batteries

Is it any of these?
Old 02-22-2007, 05:33 PM
ooosadface

Be careful though...This may be why he's asking...

http://www.target.com/gp/browse.html...node=331989011
Old 02-22-2007, 05:34 PM
flyace

thanks for your helpbut its not at target[sm=cry_smile.gif]
Old 02-22-2007, 06:26 PM
monstermaker13

try walmart

they still have xpv's and batteries at mine
Old 02-22-2007, 08:16 PM
flyace

not there ether
Old 02-24-2007, 09:22 AM
ooosadface

You only looking for a brick and mortar store, or will online work?

[link=http://www.radioshack.com/sm-fly-wheels-xpv-battery-and-charger--pi-2548744.html]Radio Shack[/link]
[link=http://www.boscovs.com/StoreFrontWeb/Product.bos?quantity=1&itemNumber=23405&type=Product]Boscovs[/link]
[link=http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&from=R10&satitle=fly+wheels+xpv+battery&sacat=2563%26catref%3DC6&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=ZIP%2FPostal&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=1%26fsoo%3D1&coaction=compare&copagenum=1&coentrypage=search]eBay[/link]
Old 02-24-2007, 03:25 PM
}---O---{

Flyace,
Visit this site...
http://www.bargainshare.com/index.php?showtopic=97550
Old 02-24-2007, 05:05 PM
flyace

[X(]thanks ooosadface and heliwabbit!!
Old 02-25-2007, 06:27 PM
}---O---{

I have seen them in radio shack
Old 03-05-2007, 12:53 PM
heli-kid

they have them at my rs outlet for $15.00 new in box (too bad i dont have a xpv)
Old 03-07-2007, 03:22 PM
}---O---{

Thanks
Old 03-15-2007, 09:01 PM
Swift427

I called their toll free number (think it was California) three weeks ago to find out if I could buy batteries direct from the company without paying $29 for a combined charger/battery pack and was told that they don't sell direct. BUT I learned for the first time that the LiPo battery in the Fly Wheels XPV is being recalled because of an overheating problem with some of these batteries. They rushed me a mailer package instructing me to return the batteries saying they would send new replacements from a new shipment that they had just received. Such a deal! In that my batteries with charger kit (I bought six) were all new I'm keeping what I have and if I have a problem they may still be able to replace for several months. The company rep that told me about this over the phone seemed to think this was a rather serious problem(legal liability I suppose) and stressed that I return all of them even though they were brand new and seemed to be AOK.

I talked to Radio Shack, but because this was just newly announced about three weeks ago Radio Shack stores were not yet aware of this. My guess is that some hotdogs were overcharging these batteries and then called the company and complained about a defect with the purpose to get a new battery for free. So my guess is that all you XPV enthusiasts who don't want to pay $29 for another charger/battery kit--even if you could find one can probably exchange your current LiPo battery for a new one for several more months by calling the company and telling them you think your battery is defective [8D].
Old 03-19-2007, 11:21 AM
billywabbit

Actually there are 3 colored batteries...Black, white and gray. The black one is the one they are haveing issues with, Why, who knows. I found several battery packs at W-mart and they were not the blacks. They were scanned for pricing and came up "Not for Sale", I told them of the information on the colors but the manager still would not release them...
ORIGINAL: Swift427

I called their toll free number (think it was California) three weeks ago to find out if I could buy batteries direct from the company without paying $29 for a combined charger/battery pack and was told that they don't sell direct. BUT I learned for the first time that the LiPo battery in the Fly Wheels XPV is being recalled because of an overheating problem with some of these batteries. They rushed me a mailer package instructing me to return the batteries saying they would send new replacements from a new shipment that they had just received. Such a deal! In that my batteries with charger kit (I bought six) were all new I'm keeping what I have and if I have a problem they may still be able to replace for several months. The company rep that told me about this over the phone seemed to think this was a rather serious problem(legal liability I suppose) and stressed that I return all of them even though they were brand new and seemed to be AOK.

I talked to Radio Shack, but because this was just newly announced about three weeks ago Radio Shack stores were not yet aware of this. My guess is that some hotdogs were overcharging these batteries and then called the company and complained about a defect with the purpose to get a new battery for free. So my guess is that all you XPV enthusiasts who don't want to pay $29 for another charger/battery kit--even if you could find one can probably exchange your current LiPo battery for a new one for several more months by calling the company and telling them you think your battery is defective [8D].
Old 04-25-2007, 01:32 PM
Swift427

Contact for exchanging old/defective batteries for new/good batteries:

JDC
21749 Baker Pkwy
Walnut, CA 91789

**XPV RECALL**
Old 04-25-2007, 07:49 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Guys, if you know the voltage, 3.7 or 7.4v, and the mah, 300mah, I can probably find some and post a source(s). These would not be the finished product, just the battery itself. Your looking for a number like 7.4v 750mah, or 2s750. the c rating would be good as well. I would check united hobbies and bp hobbies, and cheapbatterypacks.com. Tim
Old 04-30-2007, 09:05 AM
Djstinger

I received my replacement battery and charger on Friday. It is Grey in color and it is set up so that the battery has to be in the XPV to be charged[&o] you can NO longer charge the battery out of the XPV.