Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Aero Ace flying tip thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 09:22 AM
merdan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aero Ace flying tip thread

So I took out my AA jet for the maiden flight the other day. There was a 5 MPH wind and I was fighting it the whole time trying to fly it back to me. At full throttle it would tip stall... It's now in a tree surrounded by 10 feet of mud and standing water from the MN spring melt.

So my first tip is, when you start flying your plane, take baby steps in adjusting it. Try flying it in a straight line and get a feel for it bobbing/porpising. Then adjust the center of gravity so the plane does not go into a stall or tip stall at full throttle.

Lyle
Old 03-14-2007, 11:42 AM
jzrf6c

Default RE: Aero Ace flying tip thread

Another good tip that I was taught when I started flying is "Fly the plane - don't let the plane fly you". In otherwords, make the plane go where you direct it don't just react to where the plane goes! This requires thinking ahead just a little!
Old 03-16-2007, 12:25 PM
Flying 442

Default RE: Aero Ace flying tip thread

At first I started adding a penny to the nose to get an almost level flight (a little climb) at full throttle. Got in lots of flights in both light and no wind. I would just fly around full throttle all the time. While flying in dead wind the penny fell off and I had to bump the throttle to keep it in level flight so I could get it back to me and add weight. I found that it flew well with me just bumping the throttle only when the nose started to drop and didn't put the weight back on. This also gave me longer flight times.

I guess what I'm saying is it's ok to set the things up so they fly themselves when kept at full throttle, but after a while try dropping the weight to a dime or no weight at all. Watch the nose and stop giving it throttle when the nose starts to climb. If the nose drops too fast try 3 fast hits of throttle instead of one long one. If you can fly level at full throttle with no weight you might want to add a little tail weight so you have to pulse the throttle. You may find a whole new plane that will do more in an AA you were getting tired of.