Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight
Reload this Page >

Havoc Heli Right Turn Problems Thred

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Havoc Heli Right Turn Problems Thred

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 10:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Havoc Heli Right Turn Problems Thred

Ok, I have been reading alot of other threads and noticed a lot of people and myself are having problems turning to the right even with full trim pushed in. So i thought i would make a thread just for this topic to help get our little buddies flying even better. As of right now im still trying different experiments but if anyone has a good solution and pics that would be cool.

Old 04-05-2007, 11:03 PM
samcoinc

Default RE: Havoc Heli Right Turn Problems Thred

Well - I have only had is since yesterday but I have done a few things.
I don't know if will work with the stock decal on the tail rotor. I added a bit of silver mylar to the tail as you can see here.
http://www.electronicsam.com/images/havoc/SIDE.JPG

Now I have 2 and I did the same to both. One works ok with just the the mylar added - the other one I could not trim it from going left all the time. I check the normal things - made sure the tail rotor wasn't pushed on too far and swapped it with the spare one. Finally I twisted the tail counter clock wise - so as the main rotor wash flows over it - it tries to rotate the plane right.
You can see it here - the bottom of the tail is bent to the right.
http://www.electronicsam.com/images/havoc/REAR.JPG

Old 04-06-2007, 07:52 AM
fire_racer17

Hey,
Good ideas. I've haven't had any turning problems with mine but if I ever do I'll have to remember those ones.

Fire_racer17[8D]
Old 04-12-2007, 12:14 PM
Xanthius

Just noting...I've seen someone else post similar pic using regular scotch tape.

Someone really needs to collect these MODS into a list or thread....

Mine has been doign the same...looks like the sync between the main rotor speed and the tail rotor speed has something to do with it. I suspect the design is very particular and trimming does not always bring it in.

Good post!

Old 04-15-2007, 09:16 AM
LLFly

ORIGINAL: Xanthius

Just noting...I've seen someone else post similar pic using regular scotch tape.

Someone really needs to collect these MODS into a list or thread....

Mine has been doign the same...looks like the sync between the main rotor speed and the tail rotor speed has something to do with it. I suspect the design is very particular and trimming does not always bring it in.

Good post!

Take a look at this site: [link=http://www.piccoztoolbox.no-ip.com/]Picco Toolbox[/link] .The PiccoZ is the same as the Havoc heli and here You can find a lot of good reading and mod´s.