Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Micro Cessna 210 RTF Electric

Old 07-26-2007, 08:18 PM
Mike Taylor
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Micro Cessna 210 RTF Electric

ROG = Rise Off Ground, as oppsoed to hand-launched.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:34 PM
SpeedSport

It's great you got the hang of it quickly! Just keep practicing with it and be careful of the wind, such a light plane! Mine is on order now should be here within next 5 days!
Old 07-26-2007, 08:38 PM
darticus

Thanks Tim Thanks Mike
My battery connects to a loose wire that comes through the fuse. Things seem to connect good. Heck everything is good today! I should buy two more. Hobbyzone doesn't have parts yet, only batteries, props and receivers. Gotta keep missing that tree in the yard but its so fun to go around it. I made it 10 points for Aero Aces to go around it the other tree in the yard is a 5 pointer. Under my car and out the other side is 50 points. Wonder why I have so much trouble flying??? Maybe in a window and out the other should be 25 points. Hmmmmmmmmm!
Old 07-26-2007, 09:23 PM
SpeedSport

Yeah watch out for those trees, they tend to move out in front of you while flying, HA HA!
Old 07-26-2007, 09:59 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Ron, it is a little known fact, outside of rc flyers, that trees have a special, usually inert, magnetic field around them. When an rc plane is nearby the magnet turns on and, depending on the tree, it will be a virtual tractor beam. You will get near a tree and end up in the tree. Hence the term, tree magnets. Occasionally the trees will join forces with other things, fence posts and roofs come to mind. I refer to that as the tree magnet militia.[X(][X(]
Old 07-26-2007, 11:02 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Speed, did you get your plane yet?

Tim
Old 07-27-2007, 08:33 AM
gfl

I appreciate the replies...I was thankful that nobody got upset with me asking the same question on different cites. Looks like I'll be trying to fly this plane in the near future. Just as a point of conversation, on RCG, those folks are talking about inadvertant throttle shut off while in flight but still being able to have elevator and rudder control. Anyone experiencing this same thing, and, if so, any known cause or remedy?

Ferndale - You're welcome. I recognize you and several others as being frequent posters in these forums and consider you one of the "resident experts." Your advice always seems to be on the money and as long as nobody minds, I'll continue to inquire from those who know. I think I'd be foolish not to ask questions even though admittedly, my questions might sometimes be seemingly irrelevant to others. Thank you again.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:12 AM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Sorry Speed, I missed your earlier post. You'll love the plane.

Gfl, I wish I could use the resources at RCG. Norton seems to dislike the site and cuts me off. I tried to e-mail them and got no reply. I firmly believe in asking any questions that come to mind.

Tim
Old 07-27-2007, 10:40 AM
Mike Taylor

ORIGINAL: FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Sorry Speed, I missed your earlier post. You'll love the plane.

Gfl, I wish I could use the resources at RCG. Norton seems to dislike the site and cuts me off. I tried to e-mail them and got no reply. I firmly believe in asking any questions that come to mind.

Tim
There is still something weird at RCG; I routinely have to stop and reload their pages... Have you tried changing the security settings for RCG? That may help. I had cable modem, wireless modem, NAV and a firewall and had lots of issues. Changing to the cabel provider's firewall/AV software solved all my connection issues...
Old 07-27-2007, 11:52 AM
SpeedSport

Ferndale, no plane yet, but it will be here within the next four days! I have had alot of trouble lately replying to your guys post, when i get my reply typed and click ok, it goes to a time expired, timed out page, which says to turn cookies on! Well i did and it worked for one day. Now it's doing it again! Anybody else had this happen?
Old 07-27-2007, 05:21 PM
darticus

Hey Tim or Whoever
Where are the servos in this thing? How do you get to them? Still very cool and Hobbyzone now has parts. Ron
Old 07-27-2007, 09:10 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Ron, the servos are part of the board that services the plane. Not like bigger planes that have separate servos. May I ask why your looking for them?

All I stated earlier I was flying with the linkage in the hole closest to the control surface. I noticed today that I am actually in the second hole. I also managed to break the foam on the horizontal stab. I also managed to lose a spinner. The spinner fix seem pretty easy. Thread a needle and sew the spinner onto the prop. The broken horizontal stab should be easy as well. I'll tell when I'm done.

I need to work on the big planes now, I'll get back to the cessna later. The aero ace mod has been put off for days now. And the star screamer, well I just need to rebuild it. Many projects, not enough time.

Tim
Old 07-27-2007, 09:43 PM
johnm15141

I just bought one, haven't had a chance to fly it, too windy. But playing with it in the garage I noticed the elevator doesn't move at all. I put some trim in and and can get a 1/4 inch of up travel but no down travel. When I pull the stick the elevator will displace about a 1/4 inch up and when I center the stick it will move to neutral. When I push the stick there is no movement out of neutral. If I trim the opposite direction then I get no up or down movement of the elevator when I move the stick up or down. Before I take it back to my LHS I wanted to check with all of you first, is this normal for the elevator? I notice the radical down pitch of the motor, perhaps that is where all the down movement comes from? Or does your elevators deflect down when pushing the stick? Thanks in advance.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:20 PM
tweedy

sounds like you have a problem does the elevator servo make any noise when you move the stick?

Richard
Old 07-27-2007, 11:36 PM
johnm15141

no noise when stick is pushed to move elevator down. I guess its a faulty servo, can't push but can pull the elevator.
Old 07-28-2007, 02:19 AM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

John, it sounds like your plane is defective. Prior to returning it though, didi you try the trim button? The center makes a different pitch beep than up or down. Try trimming it down some.

Tim
Old 07-28-2007, 04:13 AM
Mike Taylor

It sounds like the CF push rod stuck to the slit in the decal. Use a thin blade to free the decak from the rods and try to stick it down to the foam instaed. That should allow the surfaces to move freely.
Old 07-28-2007, 02:36 PM
johnm15141

I made sure that the push rod was free to move, none of the decals were touching it. I also made sure the hole was open enough not to bind it. I also tried switching the control rod into a different hole on the elevator horn to give it a little down deflection and then trim it to nuetral. BUt when I do that there is no more Elevator movement. So I put it all back to factory where it had up movement. It most likely is a problem with the servo, it just won't push it from nuetral, it will pull it though. So I took it =back.
Old 07-28-2007, 02:54 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Did they have a replacement?

I just bought a replacement tailwing assy. I did a nifty cartwheel yesterday.

Tim
Old 07-29-2007, 04:19 PM
darticus

How do you do a Cessna 210 loop? Is it just elevator lever back until you come out of it? At what height do you need to start a loop? Thanks Guys
Old 07-29-2007, 04:30 PM
andrewtexas123

I dont have a Mini Cessna altough i would like one! My guess would you would make a dip and then pull up hard. I could be wrong though. What is the price for one of these?

Andrew
Old 07-29-2007, 05:29 PM
darticus

Price is 120 to 149.95
Old 07-29-2007, 06:19 PM
makg

I might have to get one of these even know I'm busy with all of my other r/cs
Old 07-29-2007, 07:11 PM
RC_AVIGATOR

I got one this past Tuesday (07/24/2007) and the rudder sevo stalled --made a buzzing sound. Sent the plane back for replacement.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:25 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Can someone else look at the prop and verify that the prop shaft spins true? I may have messed up my motor in my cartwheel.

Ronn, to get a loop just give it about 30 seconds in the air to build up some airspeed and pull the nose up. Once in the loop you can increase power. I got comfortable doing loops at about 3/4 power but this plane creates lift, so a launch at half power and climb at 3/4 reduce power to 50 percent and in a minute or less you'll be going as quick as the 3/4 earlier. Then just pull it back. If you center the stick with the plane inverted it will fly invertedor release on the downnside and you'll level off pretty quick. I replaced my tail and armored it with scotch tape. Now I'm a bit tail beavy. Next on to fix list.

Tim

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.