Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Micro Cessna 210 RTF Electric

Old 04-13-2007, 08:17 PM
coleholley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Micro Cessna 210 RTF Electric

Hey guys sorry if this has been posted but here's new Micro flyer. It's made by parkzone is costs $150 and has 2.4ghz. It's 3 channel.

Check them out.
http://www.parkzone.com/Search/Defau...ssna&CatId=ARE

I saw one at the Toledo R/C show today and they look pretty cool.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:17 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Default RE: Micro Cessna 210 RTF Electric

Cole, it has me thinking. I would prefer a pusher, but they are marketing a scale model. Tim
Old 04-15-2007, 05:42 PM
coleholley

ORIGINAL: FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Cole, it has me thinking. I would prefer a pusher, but they are marketing a scale model. Tim
Ya, they said they still fly really good so I'm thinking about getting one when they come out but I'm not sure yet.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:57 PM
micro_builder
My Feedback: (1)

if these are the same as the Kyosho 2.4ghz Cessnas, then i'm quite pleased to see parkzone will be carrying them. lots of info and a couple vids here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=637399

one of the vids show it doing continious loops without breaking a sweat. seems nice and powerfull, slow enough for relaxing indoor (small gym) flying, plus the electronics themselves are quite nice, i hope they sell them seperately, it might be a cheaper alternative to the falcon gear.

nick
Old 04-19-2007, 07:47 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

My question is can we put a bigger battery in? The spec's say it has a 70 mah battery. If, as Micro is indicating, the tronics are good then it's a maybe. Serious sticker shock, since silverlit has a 3 channel micro due out in a few weeks. Tim
Old 04-19-2007, 09:52 PM
micro_builder

My question is can we put a bigger battery in? The spec's say it has a 70 mah battery. If, as Micro is indicating, the tronics are good then it's a maybe. Serious sticker shock, since silverlit has a 3 channel micro due out in a few weeks. Tim
it is more expensive, but this is also a hobby grade plane, fully proportional micro servos and throttle, hobby grade parts and quality as well - not to mention it uses a 2.4ghz system. silverlits equipment is good cheap fun, but this bird is a few steps above, the price and quality will certainly prove that.

not sure about the lipo, but i remember one ad saying the plane gets a good 10 minutes of flying with the little 70mah cell. i think the lipo plugs into the plane in some way, so it may take some extra wire and your own plugs to use your own cell, but i'm sure its doable.

the electronics themselves will be sold seperately i believe, which is quite nice too.

nick
Old 04-20-2007, 11:58 AM
Mike Taylor

The electronis will runn about $100 for the TX and RX block; that is very competitive. For the extra $50, you get a motor, prop, battery and completely assembled model. The no channel conflict part of the 2.4 gig makes that a bargain. I have a huge selection of RC micro gear and I'm had pressed to make that nice a looking model at that weight. I have a Walt Mooney peanut MonoCoupe 110 on the board, stick-and-film with sliced ribs, laminated outlins, contest balsa, and Plantraco gear for it that will weigh at least as much. I have pre-ordered one already...

And don't forget that you are paying for R&D one the first batch of these. I'm sure R&D has taken up quite a while and a large chunk of change...
Old 04-20-2007, 12:12 PM
micro_builder

falcon will actually have some competition against their gear, hopefully that will help drive the prices down eventually. Mike, do you know if the kyosho system is like the breeze block, with the two servos, RX, and ESC all on one board, or are the servos seperate? it'll be interesting to see how the falcon gear and the kyosho gear stack up against eachother, quality and performance wise.

thanks,
nick
Old 04-20-2007, 02:19 PM
Mike Taylor

Gordon had this to say about it in another forum...
A friend found out more about the radio gear on this plane. I'll try and post a fuzzy picture of it tonight. Not sure if others have found these details or not. The radio is a "brick" type, similar to a Falcon Breeze. The difference is this one is 2.5ghz and has an ESC on board, while the Falcon uses an external ESC. The on-board "linear" servos look very much like the pioneering WES Technik linear servos. It looks like the motors are 4mm (WES uses 6mm). But, it's possible the motors are smaller since the picture I have seen has nothing in it to give a size reference. I don't know anything yet about the weight of what I'm going to call the "Kyosho Brick".
He posted this image...
Old 04-20-2007, 05:48 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

I understand the r&d etc. And assuming the gear is good, I may just order it. I also noted that the battery is recommeded at 70 mah, and that is what is included. Tim
Old 04-21-2007, 10:50 AM
kmend

Here is the video that was posted on a another forum. Lots of people are excited about this thing and have backordered the plane at hobbyzone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yd99Dutrc4
Old 04-21-2007, 10:53 AM
kmend

Correction... http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=PKZ3005
Old 04-21-2007, 03:04 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Add me to the preorder list. If your LHS is a horizon hobby associate, you can order through them, let them make a few bucks and hopefully they will carry some parts in store. Tim
Old 04-22-2007, 04:35 PM
oregonrc
My Feedback: (32)

Most hobby shops that carry Horizon products sell them at MAP pricing. It's no cheaper to buy them on-line.
Old 04-22-2007, 08:53 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Oregonrc, That was what I was trying to say. I preordered at my lhs. Tim
Old 04-24-2007, 09:38 PM
John Redman
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys, the new Parkzone Minium Cessna rocks, is all I can say. We love them. They fly awesome and have more than enough power to do loops and such. 10 minute flights are the norm with the included 70 mah lipo. Everything is fully proportional as well. The servos are separate units in thenselves, very small and light. They are actually pretty flat compared to the normal stuff, and have a linear arm on the top.

You can extend the battery wires if you choose and solder on your own connectors if you really want to do that, the connector is attached to battery without any wires. The stand is the charge base as well. They are a deal at the $150, and a far cry from the silverlit system. True hobby grade throughout.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:05 PM
Mike Taylor

John,

Thanks for chiming in. Are the servos built seperately or is the whole unit built as a 'brick' like the 'Breeze'? There is already a lot of interest in the components themselves as the basis for original models. Can you divulge weights for the RX / servos, range, etc.?
Old 04-24-2007, 11:03 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

John, my only question is when do you think I'll see it, recieve it. I have already ordered one. And what is the range? 500+ like the silverlit gear? Tim
Old 04-25-2007, 12:26 AM
micro_builder

i wonder if they plan on differant models in the future. the cessna is a classic, but it would be cool to see something a little more spicey, a war bird would be quite excellent - i think a lot of people would buy a hobby grade gym flying P-51 or F4U. ARF kits would probably do great.

nick
Old 04-30-2007, 10:48 PM
schuh007

oh this thing is so cool, ill hit up my lhs in the morning to get a date
Old 05-05-2007, 03:37 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

I just got back from my lhs and got a date[X(], for the airplanes release.............June 20 thats according to the horizon dealer site. I'm not sure if that is when they can sell them, or when Horizon is going to ship them. Tim
Old 05-06-2007, 10:56 AM
schuh007

I wish it was closer, Ill be in Oregon and Washngton the first two weeks of June, so I really have something to look forward to
Old 05-07-2007, 07:25 AM
gt5500

Why is it being marketed as parkzone I thought it was kyosho? hope its got kyosho electronics and not parkzone!
Old 05-18-2007, 01:38 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Anyone know if the tx is 4 channel?
Old 05-18-2007, 11:10 PM
coleholley

Anyone know if the tx is 4 channel?
I know the plane is 3 channel and all but that's a good question because when I saw it at the R/C show I messed with the controller and both sticks move the same. So like they both could go to the bottom left or bottom right corner or something like that. So the TX seems like it could be a 4 channel but I'm not sure.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.