Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

AeroSoarer or AeroSoarers???

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 10:41 PM
FaberSum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AeroSoarer or AeroSoarers???

Hello everyone

I'm buying 2 aerosoarer from www.play-asia.com

I see that there seem to be 2 different Aero Soarer, one with a geared motor as I usually see around
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-01-49-en-70-1rqu.html
and one with a direct drive motor
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-01-49-en-70-1kuk.html

I would like to use one of them to try to build a RC stick and tissue Santos-Dumont Demoiselle for indoor flight

do you know both versions of the plane? which one would you suggest?

many thanks to everyone!

Andrea
Old 05-09-2007, 12:41 PM
Ched

Default RE: AeroSoarer or AeroSoarers???

I think they are all gear drive. It is very hard to tell by the pictures. The prop looks the same size. It would be smaller for direct drive. I think the different planes are for different colors and there is no difference in drives. Not sure ...........
Old 05-09-2007, 04:36 PM
FaberSum

Ched

still searching around, I found on a Thai (!) website some picture about an aero soarer, and it seems to be direct drive too

seems that the kind of drive is related to the plane colour

I was able to change my order at play-asia so to receive one plane of each kind (a green and a purple), so I should be able to tell you something about this soon, should you be interested

ciao!
Old 05-09-2007, 06:11 PM
micro_builder
My Feedback: (1)

the aerosoarer's are all gear drive, the angle of the picture makes it look like its direct drive. the differant colors represent differant frequencies, i think there's 3 differant frequencies total.

airhogs now makes the aerosoarer, but since you're in italy, that might not be much help. check ebay and do a search on google or yahoo, you can usually get them for 20-40 dollars. if there is indeed a direct drive version, i'd love to hear about it.

nick
Old 05-24-2007, 05:42 PM
FaberSum

hello there

I'm still waiting to receive my two AS from PlayAsia.com

I would like to use the parts from one of them to power a balsa & tissue Monocoupe model, based on this old Comet plan (I found it here http://www.arts.ualberta.ca/~idesign...al/comet5.html)

I never tried such a conversion: do you think it could be made to fly?

Any suggestions about this idea?

thanks!

Andrea
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw69107.gif
Views:	14
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	690778  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Ez83999.pdf (231.9 KB, 13 views)
Old 05-25-2007, 12:17 PM
mclina

With the Aerosoar only weighing 3.5 grams, I really doubt that it's motor would budge a stick & tissue model. I have built three 17" wingspan S&T kits, and they all weigh several ounces and fly like bricks.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:43 PM
FaberSum

I agree, It would be either too heavy or too fragile if built with balsa

I think I'll try to build a carbon rod "thing" trying to make her remind of the Monocoupe (something like http://mnewell.rchomepage.com/Planes/Tripe/Tripe.html)

And I'm also trying to understand the best source to get what I need to obtain more power from the AS electronics (a more powerful motor, a LiPo and so on - I could use parts from the Picoo Z I should receive togethere with teh AeroSoarers, but it would be a pity I think...) and materials such as ultralight coverings, Durobatics foam (seems perfect for my next project, an AS based Macchi M7 seaplane... :-))

A.