Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

"giant" scale AA??

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 07:28 AM
slowstang88

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default "giant" scale AA??

I have aquired a thrust vectoring system from a cheap plane a friend of mine crashed and totalled.. Me being the R/C junkie I am, I decided to take it from him before he threw it away.. It has 2 130 sized motors mounted to a gear reduction unit swinging a 6x4 (or so) prop. I think it would be fun to make a bigger version of an Aero Ace, or Silverlit Singlewing, probably out of Depron, FFF, and good ole white Styro. What do you guys think? Waste of time, or fun project?
Old 01-01-2008, 03:30 PM
wings 540

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "giant" scale AA??

It would be fun to try, I would do it!
Old 01-01-2008, 05:21 PM
slowstang88

I didnt think this setup would have any power, but surprisingly it does have a lot of thrust for the cheap quality that it is!! It also has pretty good range for cheap chinese equipment as well.. I'm ordering some foam pretty soon, you think EPP would be strong enough at this size? Maybe with reinforcement (Im definately putting carbon tubes in the wings), I might use some basswood spars around the wing saddle area (or 1/16" ply). In keeping with the AA look I might try using a carbon tube for the tailboom as well, any thoughts or more ideas?
Old 01-01-2008, 07:08 PM
wings 540

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

EPP would be fine, BYW I think I found some EPP at the home depot last week. 2.99 for a 4/2 sheet!
Old 01-01-2008, 10:25 PM
slowstang88

unfortunately for me, theres no home depot within a couple of a thousand miles..lol... the only foam i can find arond here is the bluecore, or regular white styro.. i think im going to order from rcfoam.com, both EPP and the carbon pieces i need. thanks for your input!!