Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Considering a Plantraco

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 04:38 PM
Rob1962

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Considering a Plantraco

I want to buy a Plantraco LRF not sure which one yet i live in the USA should i buy direct from Plantraco in Canada or is there an online shop in the USA that anyone can recommend thanks.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:03 PM
103/17

Default RE: Considering a Plantraco

I bought my Carbon Butterfly directly from Plantraco. Do yourself a favor. Buy a Parkzone Vapor. Its slower than my butterfly and has much better control for 1/3rd of the price. The Vapor is unbelievable! The quality is outstanding on the Vapor as well...............I can also fly it in much smaller spaces even though its 3 times the size of the butterfly.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:31 PM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

I LOVE my Vapor!!

Well.... really it is my 8 yr old sons...... but he lets me fly it!
Old 07-21-2008, 02:53 PM
103/17

The vapor is incredible. Mine will hover on a new battery and then pull out of the hover although slowly. After the first two minutes I cant hover and pull out any more bacause the battery has gone down a little. With a slightly bigger motor you could hover better. I wish it had ailerons but yes the Vapor is incredible, Better than my Carbon Butterfly at slow speed because the Butterfly has no elevator, just throttle to manage elevation. My Carbon Butterfly was awsome a year ago but its OK now that I have a Vapor.

103/17
Old 07-21-2008, 06:28 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Rob, if you want a plantraco bird, be careful of the tax deal going across the border, there was a bit of a kerfluffle about that last year. As well as radio problems. And horrible customer service. Until the micro cessna came out they pretty much owned the market. I would recommend any of the pz micros or etomics over a plantraco. The owner jumped all over me on this board and in an e-mail for no good reason. Just my 2 cents.

Tim
Old 07-22-2008, 06:36 AM
Ched

I too would recomend the Vapor. Mine will go vertical the whole battery because I lightened it 1 gram. I think I can get another gram off of it too.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:29 AM
103/17

I have been flying my Vapor with the battery hanging. It gives a better rearward CG for slow flight, plus when you are at a high attack angle the battery swings back even more. I can walk faster than it will fly ! I thought of removing the landing gear and the rear skid along with the battery clip and the bottom support spars ( they dont work anyway). This would lighten it up for sure. They did a great job, the Vapor is awsome. Plantraco has some homework to do. My Carbon Butterfly doesnt even compare, the Vapor blows it away......

103/17
Old 02-12-2009, 11:42 PM
ZRAT

I bought the micro-racer P51 and the deluxe starter kit #2 direct from Canada. Took ~2Wks via FedEx, shipping was over $15USD. The plane is great, I have about 100 flights on it, running the 90maH battery until the power level drops is good for ~10min. The tri-turbo prop performs well until you need to land at which point the blades snap off the hub due to what appears to be an injection mold flaw. I slapped on the 57mmx20mm prop, it doesn't perform as well but has survived many hard landings, I found you're better off flying in low and slow and grabbing it out of the air, I fly outside only.
I'm in the US and didn't want to pay fifteen bucks shipping for a three dollr tri-turbo prop, emails to Plantraco customer service were answered promptly but they wouldn't divulge the pitch of the prop and suggested I buy one off their website. As it stand's I'll spend my money elsewhere, if Plantraco was more supportive I wouldn't hesitate to buy more of their planes. The only other issue I had was having to dismantle one of the BaHoMa batteries and repair the contacts from the cell to the magnet, the design leaves room for improvement. The LHS (Hobbytown) has a good selection of GWS micro props in various pitch configurations, will attempt to sand a few down to the tri-turbo profile and see how they work.
If anyone has any info on converting metric to standard pitch for micro props please share.
Old 12-25-2009, 12:12 PM
Bud6

I have Plantraco's Hellcat classroom fighter and the tiny MAV. They both fly great. I am considering the Avionette and wondering if any of you have one and can tell me how they fly and land. I can't tell from the pics how the axle and wheels fasten and how sturdy they are. Can anyone help? Thanks!
Old 07-31-2010, 10:17 PM
Tommyr

I have the Plantraco Zero classroom fighter, it's awesome! I also love my Vapor. Both are fun planes and will fly in small places. No breezes allowed though! http://www.airmidimicros.com/AMMPlanes.htm sells some Plantraco stuff and their batteries.