Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Aero Ace won't fly straight

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 10:03 AM
nikg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aero Ace won't fly straight

I got an Aero Ace Biplane and it flies to the right even after adjusting the trim all the way left. I bent the tail rudder a bit and it appears to fly straight now although it turns right much easier and more extreme than left. Should I return it to try to get one that flies straight or is this typical? I think these little planes use the motors to turn, right, so one motor must be stronger than the other?
If it is possible to get one that is evenly matched then I'll just take this one back. I spun the props and one seems a bit looser turning than the other. Ironically it is the looser turning one that seems to be lagging behind in power. Is there any way to tell if the motors are even before flying it? The TRU I got it at is not close to my house and it will be $$$ if I have to keep driving back and forth to get a straight one.

Thanks
Old 07-29-2008, 09:08 PM
nikg

Default RE: Aero Ace won't fly straight

Can you move the motors on these things? I was thinking if one of them pointeda bit differently or was moved slightly out then the thrust it produced would be more effective at turning it. Kinda like getting a longer stick touse as a lever.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:37 AM
nikg

Default RE: Aero Ace won't fly straight

OK. I've answered my own question. When I powered it up holding it I noticed that the two motors are very mismatched. At low throttle the left motor sounds like it has way more rpms than the right motor when the directional control is pushed right or left. At full throttle the two motors almost sound the same when the stick is pushed all the way left. This would explain why it just about goes straight and slightly left when full left stick is used. I don't really want to deal with adjusting the rudder drastically, I would rather have equal motors.

Back it goes. Hope I can find another. Evrybody around here seems to be out.