Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Show us your flying areas!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 08:22 PM
sixinarow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Show us your flying areas!

Show pics of where you fly, or videos if you have them. I work at a museum and fly my PZ Vapor there whenever possible. Not trying to Spam my place of employment, but my pictures suck compared to the ones our website has.

http://thewildlifeexperience.org/Vis.../Default.aspx#

Click "Here" under the red bold print. It will bring up a Virtual Tour page. Lower left is Extreme Screen Theater (one view), upper left is Great Hall (two views), upper middle is Main Admissions (one view-X between "Main Admissions" and "Main Entrance").

Click on the Xs to load the 360* viewer. The theater is the best when the air handlers are shut off on Mondays, like today. No airflow, no sound (sound deadened walls), and lots of vertical space! I like flying to the top, killing the motor and doing power off landings to the floor. Lots of fun. The Great Hall is good for lots of touch and goes.

Haven't flown my Blade mCX in there yet....

Show where you fly! Living rooms, garages, libraries, gyms, event halls, etc.

Nick
Old 12-30-2008, 10:27 AM
jmir
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Show us your flying areas!

Check out our club's web page for photos and videos of our flying field.

Click on the tab marked "Photo Gallery" for photos of our field, including some aerial shots.
Also, click on the tab marked "Forums" and you will find a video under the "General Discussion" area.

Here is the link:

www.freewebs.com/scrcflyers

Old 12-30-2008, 07:30 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

For me idepends on what I'm flying. I have an mcx for indoors, a swift2 and a lightflight bug for the yard and bigger stuff at the local hs/fairgroung track.

http://www.badiusownersclub.com/video/mcx%20vid%204.wmv

http://www.badiusownersclub.com/vide...%20effects.wmv

http://www.badiusownersclub.com/vide...flight%201.wmv

Tim

Six, your link didn't work. And as for Mr F L Wright, well all of his roofs leak, from "waterfall" to the Marin County Court House. Mr Wright had a great eye for design, but he was a poor architect. Sorry for the heretical statement.

Tim

JMIR, that looks like a nice field, and I assume that was Mr and Mrs Fazzio? Good for you guys!!!!!!!!!!!! Tim
Old 01-03-2009, 06:22 PM
micro_builder
My Feedback: (1)

The area in the red box is our back field, the big empy area south of it is an open field/swamp/cat tails. I've yet to crash out there fortunately! Unfortunatley, its not a prime spot for thermaling, but other than that its pleanty big of an area for anything I fly, including the F-27C. My indoor area consists of a living room with a Christmas tree obstacle

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ax72932.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	1102641  
Old 01-03-2009, 08:16 PM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

Cool guys,
Here is a huge field less than a mile from my house. It has three large soccer fields and three baseball diamonds You can't see the third soccer field in this picture. It is great in the winter because no one is there. In the summer, I have to go there during the week day so no one is there. Week evenings and week ends there are alot of soccer players there.
And here is the field of this video (the small one with one baseball dimond) it is about 3 miles away and no one is ever there. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXDc4...e=channel_page

Name:	Ec89282.jpg
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	1102740   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm36608.jpg
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	1102741  
Old 01-03-2009, 09:36 PM
fossoman

Heres a video link Showing our flying field in Tennessee [link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Wq0f0WJWdM[/link]
Old 01-10-2009, 03:11 PM
Teenage Pilot 14

I've got a bunch of places. Just have to figure out how to post them!
Old 01-14-2009, 05:41 PM
Mr. Mugen

http://webb.nmu.edu/SportsRecSports/...riorDome.shtml

Here is the place we have been flying since last year. It is HUGE! Bigger than a football field since there is one inside it. Lots of room and fun.

Kevin
Old 01-14-2009, 06:23 PM
Wheelnut

Mr. Mugen,
How in the world did you guys get permission to fly in there?
That is very cool by the way. You aren't even restricted to micro planes.
What if any rules have they placed on you guys?
Old 01-25-2009, 01:28 PM
rdf430

Hey guys I just seen this thread and thought I show off our indoor field, it is 50,000 sq feet 40 foot ceiling and it rocks, we can do drop in for 5-9$ depends whos at the till and fly all day or rent the feilds for $75 an hour if enough people want to show up to garentee a spot since we could get bumped out if a group wants to play a sport in there.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:59 PM
Mr. Mugen

We can fly any park flyers in there micro or bigger. It is our own disgression as to what we fly. Obviously we use common sense...no monster planes in it yet. We get it for 50 bucks for 3 hours of use. NOT BAD!!! Between about 15-20 of us we get off cheap. The crew there loves the planes and had no problem giving us time to use it. I got my micro fatty edge for use in there and finally got it dialed in the last time I went. Great place to fly in winter thats for sure.

Kevin
Old 01-04-2010, 11:01 PM
china clipper

Here is where I fly my Ember I and soon I hope my Cessna Centurion 210. It is a great field and lots of room. The only problem is the FieldTurf is too tall for the wheels. I have to land or ROG from the strips of Astroturf located on the side!

Name:	Xv64568.jpg
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	1349755  
Old 01-04-2010, 11:17 PM
3DSAVAGE

my current flying field and my old field from back in georgia. Sorry for raping the margins.

Name:	Ay76013.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	1349767   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kg14794.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	3.20 MB
ID:	1349768  
Old 01-05-2010, 12:50 AM
Wheelnut

Here is one of my fields. It is three soccer fields, 3 baseball diamonds, a larger area that is rented out for gardens, an extra small field for recreation and a huge parking lot = tons of air space
I'm just curious, what does your house have to do with the field or flying rc planes?
Yes it would have been nice if you could have resized the pictures.
If you click my picture it gets larger. It's like magic

Name:	Tr50220.jpg
Size:	197.4 KB
ID:	1349820  
Old 01-05-2010, 08:10 AM
tam popo

Hiya guys....there are 4/5 Clubs within 20 minutes drive from my house, but I'm not a 'Club' man!!!!! So, its the safe, open spaces for me - there's lots. Depends on what I want to fly, EasyCub, SlowSticks, Strykers or BongoBug (like a Liteflite). Because I am now confined to crutches indefinately these spaces need to get smaller, Ie: basketball/tennis courts, car parks, small fields etc. The one I posted here is my fave, it has a drop-off for sloping or a safe soccer-pitch area for the fast stuff. And don't worry if you can't understand my wife's accent......I can't either - I'm an Englishman in Glasgow!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrIkapvVdLY
Old 01-05-2010, 09:02 AM
Wheelnut

Nice vid, that SS just didn't want to fly, did it? What was wrong with it?
I am the type of person that gives thanks for everything I have everyday and I'm sorry to hear about your condition.
That makes it a very good thing for you that they are coming out with so many park and front yard flyers.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:35 AM
tam popo

Wheelnut, thanks for that last post, encouragement is always appeciated and flying is my Therapy!!!
There isn't that much Indoor flying here in Glasgow, mainly done by the Clubs that are interested - not many!! The beauty of the Liteflite Bug and my BongoBug is that they land at my feet, hopefully. And isn't it funny that once you own an Indoor flyer all those car parks, tennis courts etc become potential flying sites.....brilliant!!!!
And WheelNut - you don't half get around, don't you. No job (like me) to go to or are you Retired (like me!!)??
Old 01-07-2010, 06:46 PM
Wheelnut

Tam, Unfortunately, I get around fine and that is what gets me into trouble most of the time get it?? haha,
I'm just a working stiff that loves to have fun as much as I can when I can and RC is the best way to have fun.
I wish they had Bongo bugs in my area, I would buy one. They are definitely cheaper than the Liteflite.

Have you guys seen this thing yet??
http://www.break.com/index/first-iph...ter-drone.html

http://ardrone.parrot.com/parrot-ar-drone/en

http://ardrone.parrot.com/parrot-ar-...piloting#start

Name:	Sq47418.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	1351482