Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Sukhoi Su-26M BNF by ParkZone

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 04:31 PM
Garrett1234567

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sukhoi Su-26M BNF by ParkZone

David Eichstedt, now that july is upon us is there going to be an exact release date. Mid july is just around the corner
Old 07-02-2009, 05:43 PM
David Eichstedt
My Feedback: (17)

No. Our website never gets more specific than early-, mid-, or late-in-the-month.

We are on schedule to start shipping in the middle of the month.
Old 07-05-2009, 02:42 PM
rschoi_75

good to hear.
Old 07-05-2009, 09:03 PM
Fidy$Trainer
My Feedback: (1)

Any confirmation to the rumor's I've heard about range issues? Is this going to set back time schedule again or we still on track for late July?

Any news on warbird edition?
Old 07-08-2009, 02:10 PM
chief illini

David E posted yesterday on rcgroups that they were shipping out next week, that they passed their QA testing!

seems there are about to be a WHOLE bunch of Sukhois out there!
chief
Old 07-08-2009, 06:28 PM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

Hey guys,
I'm back from my vacation to China. I was hoping to see a bird in my mailbox but I see they have not shipped yet.

Nice vid Tim. I have seen that micro heli vid. Looks nice.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:19 AM
Dino722

Now Late July, Whats with that? Don't make me make that call to cancel. BTW, why can't we cancel an order on the website (HH)?
Old 07-12-2009, 04:06 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

David E's post:

Not sure why they would say this. There's not even a thread of truth in what you've described. They've passed QA and are ready to ship next week, as previously stated.

I wouldn't expect the service center technicians to be up on the stock status of new products.

David

Yay, I have both a New Bug and the SU-26 due next week. As I recall from when the website had dates they were always released on a
Tuesday.

Tim
Old 07-13-2009, 01:18 PM
jerseyflyer
My Feedback: (2)

advantage hobby had it listed as ready on the 10th but they have changed it now to the 16th... i hope it's an accurate date cause i've been waiting for 3 months now at least since i thought it was originally being released...
Old 07-13-2009, 09:38 PM
dnmeboy

So have these actually started to ship yet?

I read this entire thread and i am still unsure if they are on the way. The moment I saw this plane and realized that the radio from my old cx2 would work ( its all thats left of the cx2 lol ) I knew I would be owning one. I have always wanted to learn to fly 3d planes and this looks like the closest easiest thing I will find that I wont destroy first flight. It will also be the first 4 channel plane, well the second I have ever flown. I own a T28 Trojan but it was traded second hand after many crashes so naturally it only had one or two left in it before it was grounded for good, or until I can come up with the money to repair it.

And that is where I am stuck. Should I repair the Trojan and find out that while I am waiting for parts the Sukhoi has shipped? that would really tick me off. Its already bad enough that while waiting I keep buying Airhogs planes and helis to satisfy my cravings to fly and they dont even satisfy me....

I wish I could remember the days before i got into this hobby and the money I would have saved wold be great to have now. I am addicted to flying radio controlled toys. At least its not drugs

I just really want to learn to fly the sukhoi and master it before I attempt to fly the Trojan again. I would imagine the Sukhoi wont break as easily due to its small size.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:54 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Dude, what are you yakking about? I get the impression you have no clue what is going on. That is bad.

Tim
Old 07-13-2009, 09:57 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Tim
Old 07-15-2009, 05:20 PM
Wheelnut

I received this email letter from HH today. I replied, so I guess it will be on its way

Your Horizon Hobby backorder for PKZ3580 (Sukhoi Su-26m BNF) will be available soon! We will begin shipping these at the end of this week and some will go out the beginning of the following week (July 20 and 21). Please respond to this email or call us at 1-800-338-4639 to confirm that you want this backorder to ship. If we do not hear back from you by 9:00 am Central Standard Time on July 20, we will go ahead and process and ship your order when it becomes available.

Thank you

Order Processing Department

Horizon Hobby Sales

EDIT; I forgot to mention. I also called the 800#. The rep confirmed the order and said I actually placed the order on 3/1/09[sm=what_smile.gif] That was alot earlier than I had thought. So he said, I have been waiting a long time and should receive mine on the first run
Man I can't wait.
I also have a Badius Ultimate on the way, so this is a double WAMMY!! woo hoo
Old 07-15-2009, 07:25 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Bad news, while I thought I ordered on 3-4-09, and printed it, I manually split the order so that the SU-26m was cut out of the order.. I figured this out with a very nice CS agent at Horizon. I was not impressed with myself, not even a little. The next round of Su-26m's is due out in August, as this shipment is sold out. Somehow I think late August[>:][>:][>:] There is an extremely good chance that I planned on ordering from my LHS, that is my usual MO with HH.

Good news, I make a concerted effort to work with the LHS and have befriended the operator/manager. I buy everything that makes sense to buy in his store, and buy most all of my batteries there. And I knew that he was talking about getting some SU-26m's in. So I gave him a call. He has at least one that is going to ship tomorrow(7/16). And it has my name on it[8D] I may have the plane faster than if I preordered it this way.

If there is a moral, it is to work with your LHS as much as possible.

Tim
Old 07-15-2009, 08:18 PM
Wheelnut

I hate to hear about the bad part. As I was reading it, I had two thoughts.
One, I was remembering that on other highly awaited releases, like the MCX. Alot of guys were worried about when they would get their heli. Then some of the guys saw one at their local hobby shop. I remember at least two guys that bought them from the LHS and canceled their orders.
Two, I felt so bad for you, I was going to offer for you to fly my plane for a week or so. Anything for you bud
Old 07-15-2009, 08:47 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

The internet rocks, but human connections are just as important. I have been in the LHS bs'ing and have come up with plans. Nearly epiphanies of how to. The Internet is great, but if you have access to a friendly LHS, the extra money is just for goodwill for when you need it.

Way's to know that your LHS likes you:

They holler your name as you walk in, like Norm on "Cheers"
They ask you to help out a newby finding parts while they are on the phones
They do not grouse about your latest HC order, but instead want in on your next order.

Way's to know you might not be on the top of the customer list at your LHS

The staff watches you like a hawk
The staff enlists trusted customers to help/watch you

Tim
Old 07-15-2009, 08:58 PM
Dave ESPI

My LHS tells me I will have mine for my Birthday (July 25th) YAY ! YAY! YAY !

Im going to go SKYDIVE for the first time, (hopefully I don't Yack) then later fly a new YAKKER!
Old 07-15-2009, 10:08 PM
Wheelnut

ORIGINAL: FERNDALE AIR FORCE

The internet rocks, but human connections are just as important. I have been in the LHS bs'ing and have come up with plans. Nearly epiphanies of how to. The Internet is great, but if you have access to a friendly LHS, the extra money is just for goodwill for when you need it.

Way's to know that your LHS likes you:

They holler your name as you walk in, like Norm on ''Cheers''
They ask you to help out a newby finding parts while they are on the phones
They do not grouse about your latest HC order, but instead want in on your next order.

Way's to know you might not be on the top of the customer list at your LHS

The staff watches you like a hawk
The staff enlists trusted customers to help/watch you

Tim
I used to have that good connection with the guys at Toys for Boys in Kennesaw Ga. I really miss that shop. I had some real good times there.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:37 AM
akron

If the Sukhoi BNF is anything like my Cessna Minium it will break at the slightest provocation. You'll learn to treat it gently after awhile, but accidents still seem to happen to me. Not flying accidents so much, but accidents like brushing the tail against the side of the car door frame while removing it, or grabbing it out of the Styrofoam box a little carelessly. That kind of thing. My favorite repair tool is the cheap clear "Scotch" tape I get a ACE hardware for about 99 cents. After awhile it gets heavy, so I remove the tape, and epoxy the cracks in the air surfaces. It's very hardy though. My Cessna Minium has survived getting caught in the tree several times, bushes, hard landings, and general nose-down landings. Very repairable. I never used the hook-n-loop stuff for the battery on my second airplane, a strap made of clear tape is better for me.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:40 AM
Fidy$Trainer
My Feedback: (1)

THis is irritating everyone seems to be getting an email about thier pre order but me [>:]
Old 07-16-2009, 08:52 AM
akron

Fidy$Trainer - I didn't get "the email" yet, either. I ordered mine 6/15, and I wake up at night in a cold sweat after dreaming they were sold out before any shipped! I've got a Superfly wing shipping today, so that's good.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:52 AM
Dino722

I got my e-mail. I ordered mine 4-24. Hope you get one soon. I wanna know how we can order extra batteries. Jim Booker told us on Facebook that we should get several extra Lipos. He also said flight times will be like 3 mins. Batteries are on backorder till, I think September.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:09 PM
trroadster

ORIGINAL: Dino722

I got my e-mail. I ordered mine 4-24. Hope you get one soon. I wanna know how we can order extra batteries. Jim Booker told us on Facebook that we should get several extra Lipos. He also said flight times will be like 3 mins. Batteries are on backorder till, I think September.
What battery does it use? If it's the same as the other Minium planes check this out ZIPPY Flightmax 138mAh 1S 10C (Kyosho Minium Etc)

https://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/...idProduct=8864

Currently out of stock but sign up for notification and order quick as they are very popular. Should be at this price. My LHS charges $14 for the 110 mah mx version.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:19 PM
akron

I ordered an exta 110 mAh battery and two extra props with my plane. They're in the parts section on the web page.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:04 PM
Dave ESPI

LOL mine was ordered 2-14-09..... Luckily it was with my LHS so Ive not been without a hunderd bux all this time and no plane.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.