Notices
Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

F3A (On a Budget)

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 11:41 AM
rchotdoger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F3A (On a Budget)

I wood like to get back into F3A but I sold my pattern ship a couple of years ago. I already have drawn up planes for a 2 meter ship, but i am totally new to the electric side of pattern. I do not have the money to pour into this airplane because i just did another Imac airplane (I know what was I thinking), So i need to keep this as cheap as possible. As long as it will pull an 11 pound ship through the f3a sequence I am happy. So whats the cheapest, decent setup out there, all I really need is a motor I have a castle that should work for the ESC.

-Thanks for the input
Casey
Old 04-14-2011, 01:19 PM
woodie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: F3A (On a Budget)

I know there are a lot of options out there, but for the money, I suggest you take a look at the Himax 6330-200. I have been flying one for about 8 months now and it has been trouble free. Smooth, quiet and good power at a decent price (approx $250). They also have a new Himax 6330-210 which is a little higher kV and it definitely is more powerful. It goes for about $280.

There will probably be other suggestions here also so your choices will expand.

Woodie
Team Acme LG
Team Blenderm
Old 04-14-2011, 03:49 PM
Jeff-RCU
My Feedback: (4)

I'm using the Turnigy 63-64-B 230Kv Outrunner (Eq. 5330/18 or 5330/24), less than $50.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:17 PM
dreadnaut
My Feedback: (5)

My approach is to downsize to a .110 (8 cell) size. These can be very competitive at Sportsman/Intermidiate. I scratch built my own, but the Sebart wind 110 is drop dead beautiful, and reasonably priced.