Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: 3D Hobby Shop Osiris 2M

Pretty sure that IS one of the schemes offered.
    Doug Cronkhite

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have not gotten a packing list emailed to me yet on what will be on the next container, but as far as I know the Vanquish will be the Electric version for now...IF there are any on the next container
    Extreme Flight
    Aircraft International

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I talked to Chris on Monday and was told they ARE on the container, and they should be at Extreme Flight around May 3. They will be electric only.

Arch
    Team Futaba, Aero-Model / Hacker, Tech Aero Designs, F3A Unlimited, Team BJ Craft, Thunder Power RC, Castle Creations

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes, I thought so.....
    Guess they forgot to email me the packing list!
    Extreme Flight
    Aircraft International

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have a Barely used YS 1.40 for a glow version if Chris decides to do one....which at this point I am not sure of right now but I did fly a YS powered Prototype and it flew great!
    I personally don't mind glow at all, but many guys are getting away from it in other types of planes and Most of what we have here aside from the Chinn Yak, Outlaw, and the 58" Extra are either Battery or Gas powered.
    Extreme Flight
    Aircraft International

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Being a Pattern Newb!!!

Where does one find this when it comes out? Sounds like something a new guy would like to consider down the road

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The topic is Osiris 2M...
    I believe the Osiris 1.20 size (don't know electric terms yet, and don't care to learn)
    has been faultless....
    I think it is like any other ARF plane out there....Some good, some bad...
    If it doesn't work well, then it will not sell...

Unfortunate, the pattern community; By being such weight oriented anorexics... No manufactures want to bother with such petty BS.
    Ohh my.... The weight is over a 1/2 lb...OHH NOOOO...
    Especially when they have many IMAC planes that they can't even keep in stock...

Not sure why this has to go personal and start mentioning names (EF owner or 3DHS owner's)
    No need to do that....This is a place to share thoughts and ideas. Not blog were we place these guys on a pedestal to either knock them off or keep them on it!....

Unless it is a specific "Product support" post.
    As they shouldn't come to the forums protecting all there hard work they into
    there products..... By defending there products Nor should they unless the question is directly raised for them to answer...

We are not the media, news, or reporters...So until you actually see a finished product, you don't need to comment on it or raise suspicion...
    It isn't fair for anyone involved...
    If you can\'\'\'\'t dazzle em with brilliance,baffle em with BS

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Neither of the planes exists yet. Both have smaller versions that are available, but neither the 2m Osiris or the 2m Vanquish has been released yet. The Osiris has a 50 size version and an even smaller Vanquish is available.

Arch
    Team Futaba, Aero-Model / Hacker, Tech Aero Designs, F3A Unlimited, Team BJ Craft, Thunder Power RC, Castle Creations

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Clearly Chris at Extreme Flight and the guys at 3D Hobby Shop ARE interested in bothering. One reason is, people who buy a product from a manufacturer and are happy with that purchase are more likely to go back to that same manufacturer for future purchases.

I can say without hesitation that Chris @ Extreme Flight has built up that kind of reputation with his airplanes. The 78" Extra 300 is without a doubt the best flying IMAC type airplane I've flown at that size. Period. That's what makes me think their Vanquish 2M will fly well.

I wish someone local had an Osiris for me to play with.. but everything I've heard about the 3DHS stuff says it's VERY good quality as well. I've seen their 80"-ish Slick fly and it's very solid!
    Doug Cronkhite

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

looking forward to the release..

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well who cares who mentions what name? I am NOT speaking for Chris, nor even as a rep because I work for him, but because HE is my friend and he has built a reputation for designing and producing some really awesome planes. I certainly didn't come on here caring at all if someone doesn't agree, simply to talk about these two planes seeing I have knowledge of one in particular and even having flown it, and also for Andrew who is another friend and having seen His planes knowing he is doing a great job again putting out a much needed product and mainly because of something someone has said.
    Simply put, don't like what you are reading, then stop reading it. As far as I am concerned there is no need nor do I want to push a product here because the names and the reputations speak for themselves.
    Extreme Flight
    Aircraft International

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: BR289

Well who cares who mentions what name? I am NOT speaking for Chris, nor even as a rep because I work for him, but because HE is my friend and he has built a reputation for designing and producing some really awesome planes. I certainly didn't come on here caring at all if someone doesn't agree, simply to talk about these two planes seeing I have knowledge of one in particular and even having flown it, and also for Andrew who is another friend and having seen His planes knowing he is doing a great job again putting out a much needed product and mainly because of something someone has said.
    Simply put, don't like what you are reading, then stop reading it. As far as I am concerned there is no need nor do I want to push a product here because the names and the reputations speak for themselves.

Just speaking for myself I for one am extremely excited about the prospect of having TWO quality, low investment airframes available shortly. Both owners that have stepped up to the plate to provide us MASSES with an affordable, competetive airframe should both beput on a pedestal in my opinion. They have invested countless hours let alone dollarsdeveloping their products and we as a pattern community should applaude such dedication. If they make a FEW dollars along the way...........good on them.

It just floors me that some individuals on one hand want to save.....single handedly.....pattern, but then when a vehicle comes along that will do just that, deride and critisize the very thing that pattern needs!! Even when the thing has not been released. He should offer his services to the government as he apparently has a telepathic talent that I'm sure they would be interested in. Some people's kids.
    Never left one up there yet.......

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

LOL, great name. Osiris was an Egyptian god of the afterlife Which is probably where my wife would send me if I bought one!!

I know it's the electric forum, but is it possible that there could be a gas/glow version of this plane? Or is it developed as an "electron" only airframe?

I'm looking down the road for my next plane in a couple of years......

Urge Congress to keep common sense in the skies

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This airframe for right now is going to be electric only as it will would be making different molds for the nose and we find that its best at the moment to just make it for electric. We think we will have a very good power combo price with the airplane that will allow people to make a switch for a good price that will not break the bank.

Andrew

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: mdjohnson

ORIGINAL: BR289

Just speaking for myself I for one am extremely excited about the prospect of having TWO quality, low investment airframes available shortly. Both owners that have stepped up to the plate to provide us MASSES with an affordable, competetive airframe should both beΒ*put on a pedestal in my opinion. They have invested countless hours let alone dollarsΒ*developing their products and we as a pattern community should applaude such dedication. If they make a FEW dollars along the way...........good on them.

It just floors me that some individuals on one hand want to save.....single handedly.....pattern, but then when a vehicle comes along that will do just that, deride and critisize the very thing that pattern needs!!Β* Even when the thing has not been released. He should offer his services to the government as he apparently has a telepathic talent that I'm sure they would be interested in. Some people's kids.

These are the things I have been hearing alot of and makes me think twice about Pattern to be honest...it is supposed to be about having a good time and to read people picking apart planes they have yet to see or fly doesn't help much!
    Especially when these airframes are coming from someone like Andrew and Chris.... I KNOW they know a thing or two about designing and producing planes!
    Extreme Flight
    Aircraft International

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The online vocal minority is certainly not indicative of the silent majority in pattern.

Just push the block button, and it's a much nicer place!
    Chad Northeast

www.f3acanada.org

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Cool...
    Nice to see someone has seen these planes work...

Is the Osiris 2M a blown up smaller version or is it very different internally?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: can773

The online vocal minority is certainly not indicative of the silent majority in pattern.

Absolutely can773!!

It's sad that the 5% cause 95% of the problems and controversy. Here here for the silent majority! Reasonableness will prevail!
    Never left one up there yet.......

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: kochj

Cool...
    Nice to see someone has seen these planes work...

Is the Osiris 2M a blown up smaller version or is it very different internally?

It will be similar to the smaller Osiris as far as build but we will be saving weight were we can to make this airframe as light as possible to allows a lot of options for batteries in the airframe.

Andrew

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Keith Hoard
    Collierville, TN

NSRCA#2868

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Going to be an interesting summer with all the new Airplanes coming out. Kid in a candy store. Glad I'm a big kid.
    Be a kid forever, fly models.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thank you for answering my question. Maybe in a year or two I'll be convinced to go toelectron power! Right now I'm such a pattern newb Iwouldn't be able to tell the difference.
    Urge Congress to keep common sense in the skies

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Oh, you'll tell the difference. It won't so much be in the flying quality, it will be in simplicity of opperation. You get to the field, plug in, do a range check and start flying. Everybody else will be, breaking out starters and glow drivers and fuel pumps an such.... Of course after you land, you'll have to change out that first set of batteries but they have to re-fuel too and then thay have to re-start. Believe me, the advantages of electric power go way beyond the actual performance advantages. You'll also have a cleaner plane and your electronics won't be subjected to nearly as much vibration. But heck, if you've got a lot of glow stuff now just get yourself a pattern plane and enjoy. One day when the mood strikes, switch. Once you have you'll wonder why you waited so long.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Agreed 100% Mike

Tim
    Be a kid forever, fly models.

ORIGINAL: can773

Chad is very, very smart man.
    Ryan Smith

Team JR | Thunder Power RC
    F3A Unlimited | Castle Creations

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast